Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Help needed
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
Great news! LOVE ferals!!  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 21:00:10 PM »
Thats brilliant  ;D

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 20:14:02 PM »
thought i'd update as i had good news today.

turns out there were 2 females, 2 4/5 week old kittens and an older kitten.  the lady who feeds them was having real problems getting any help until one of her dogs mauled one of the smaller kittens.  after that things started to move along nicely.  mauled kitten was collected by somebody at diana lewis' and a trap was dropped off.  managed to get 1 female and the older kitten straight away which was fantastic.  that was a few weeks before xmas.  Midnight and Kitkat have now been done, fully recovered and are back where they started.  they have shelter and somebody to feed them and she was happy to continue so the rescue were happy to put them back.  between now and then they have had trouble getting the trap back to the lady who feeds them so when the tom cat turned up i put a bit of pressure on her to get the traps back before the 2nd female gets pregnant again.  2nd little kitten has become quite hand tame so that one was nabbed today.  trap was put out earlier on and 2nd female was duly caught.  so Mercury is to be done tomorrow and the little kitten is now residing with his sibling (mauled kitten who is fine) at a fosterers.  apparently the fosterer is keeping the mauled kitten so hopefully she will fall in love with other one and keep that too.  if not he/she will be rehomed and Mercury will be going back to her mum (Midnight) and Kitkat.  which just leaves big daddy, who we believe is a cat with a home.  dunno what will be done about him now.  i'm just glad that the girls and babies are sorted.  all in all i think the woman who has done all this is a star, she's not a cat person but is an animal lover who did everything she could to help these cats and she did it brilliantly.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline sweepster

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
Here is Catchat's list of rescues in Devon, in case there are any you've missed:
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/devon.html

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »
This is the nearest group I know of in my contact's list. http://felinenetwork.org.uk/ They have a member who posts on Kelly-Joy's forum (Animallifelineuk.org) as Cat Detective. She's based in Torbay but has been known to take cats from all over. They work a lot with ferals. Don't know her personally but I've seen her around a lot on different forums a few years now. Best I can do.  ;) :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
Help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
does anybody know of any rescues (or individuals) in Devon that deals with ferals?  i know of a mum and some kittens that are in danger of being shot by farmers/killed on the road (one kitten has already been killed on the road.  somebody is feeding them but is now having problems with a neighbour because of it.  i dont have many details at the moment except that the person feeding them has already tried cats protection league,Barnstaple but is not in their catchment area, Exeter, which doesnt do ferals and blue cross Tiverton.  is waiting for a reply from Diana Lewis.

anybody?  :scared:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Link to CatChat