Author Topic: URGENT APPEAL funds to stop 6 cats & 4 kittens from being needlessly pts in Quarentine (Now covered)  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what a shame - I hope they get forever homes soon

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Ailsa has asked me to cross post from Cat Chat

'Hi,

Thanks for all your support with helping me save the quarantine cats from Malaysia.

A couple of people who were going to adopt Suzie Wong and Peaches (www.animalssos.org.uk/pages/cats.html have dropped out and we need help finding homes for them. Both are very loving and will need to be INDOOR cats due to their previous life in confinement in Malaysia.

Suzie needs help coming out of her shell so would ideally have a quiet and loving home with lots of care and patience. Peaches just wants lots of cuddles. Peaches is a red point Birman. Is there anybody from the Birman Rescue Society that can help?

Many thanks, Ailsa'

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As posted on CC the quarantine is now covered for these cats and kittens so will move.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 22:02:53 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities

Now don't get me wrong the kittens and the pedigree looking adults were cute but this boy stole my heart http://www.animalssos.org.uk/pages/mauzer.html

:Luv2:

Maybe we should take on a youngster  :sneaky:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
The appeal is/was definitely genuine, it's been on the news where they interviewed the quarantine staff and the rescuer, has also been in the local papers.

Now don't get me wrong the kittens and the pedigree looking adults were cute but this boy stole my heart http://www.animalssos.org.uk/pages/mauzer.html

I'm going to get some tickets (after payday  :tired:) too - a great cause and there's some really good prizes on offer too  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I noticed they now have a raffle with sponsored prizes. I'm pretty sure this one is Kosher, although I know there are plenty of scammers around who especially target charities.

I think I will get some tickets  :)

http://www.animalssos.org.uk/pages/raffle.html

One of the prizes is a signed photo of The Barron Knights  :shify:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 20:19:09 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Purr Member Note -

It is up to the individual member to donate their money to a donation or fund request and Purrs advices strongly to carry out full checks that funds would be used for the stated Purpose.
 Purrs cannot be held responsible for members private donations to a request that is not an Official Purrs fundraisier or collection.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
I've donated, hope they all find loving homes.

Nicky

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I've donated.  Ailsa and her partner have done really well and I hope these cats and kittens will be able to be saved now.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 21:27:11 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
I've donated.      They are gorgeous looking cats.    Hope it works out for them
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Their story is heartbreaking and they have come so far in terms of their health, I do hope that donations will save them.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
I presume she will be updating. I shall keep Purrs peeps informed of any updates I get from Catchat or from her site. The pics of the little ones are on there, they are so cute. Poor little mites, they have been through hell. They are currently in quarantine in Nuneton, Warwickshire, I understand. According to the www.animalssos.org.uk site it costs £125 per month per cat for the quarantine, so for 10 cats for 6 months thats a lot of money. It would be just dreadful, though, if they were pts now.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
I've donated. Is Ailsa going to update her FB page with this appeal?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Cross posted from Catchat (apologies if I've put this in the wrong section)

'URGENT APPEAL for funds to stop 6 cats & 4 kittens from being needlessly being PTS in Quarantine

Animals SOS is appealing for help to fund the final 2 months of quarantine costs for 6 cats & 4 kittens rescued from near-death in Malaysia. Ailsa McKnight from Milton Keynes came across the original 6 cats while visiting a relative there - the cats were confined in cages just 12 inches high, skeletally-thin and covered in sores and maggots. Ailsa and her partner used their savings to pay for veterinary treatment to bring them back to health, and then to bring them to the UK. One of the cats was then found to be pregnant, so 6 became 10. They've managed to fund the vet bills themselves using savings, a bank loan, and fundraising on their own website, but have now hit crisis point - the funds have now run out, and with only 2 months quarantine to go DEFRA say they will PTS all the cats if the bill isn't paid. Ailsa wrote to Cat Chat this week in desperation, so if anyone can help with a donation towards these cats final two months to freedom, please donate here (via Paypal): http://www.animalssos.org.uk/pages/donate.html

Ailsa said:
"Can you help me save the lives of six beautiful cats that have been rescued from a life of misery, as without intervention stye would have been left to rot in tiny inhumane cages. We have lovingly restored them back to health, but the sheer cost of veterinary care to thread their infections and open wounds, and the unexpected arrival of 4 kittens (one of the cats was unknowingly pregnant) has eaten into our funds - so much so that we have no funds to cover the last two months of their stay at Bayton Lodge, a DEFRA registered quarantine centre (£1,500). Without this, DEFRA will destroy the cats if they are unable to complete their six months of quarantine.
I hope you can help as we have come too far to fail at the last hurdle.

Can you help? You can read the full story here: http://www.animalssos.org.uk/

PLEASE CROSS POST!!!!
Every little helps, and time is running out. Please tell anyone you know who might be able to help.

Thank you to anyone who can donate to help these cats, no matter how small,
I have of course, already made our folks chip in.
Good luck to the Malaysia 10!
Love & Purrs
Gemini Cat
Cat Chat
xxx

Appeal Approved by a Cat Chat Board Moderator

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 22:02:07 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat