Author Topic: WINNER of Volunteer of the Year Award Brighton & Hove - Ron, Lost Cats Brighton -  (Read 19926 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Also done  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Duly voted for Ron hope he is successful he does some good work ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Hi Folks

Ron at Lost Cats Brighton Rescue has been nominated in the "Volunteer of the Year" Award category of this year’s Brighton & Hove Public  Awards.  ;D
Ron "Lost Cats Brighton" is one of our Supported registered Cat rescues  and does sooo much for the needy cats.

Ron runs the charity Lost Cats Brighton from his home in Portslade. It started many years ago when he took in his first stray cat called Tom Tom. From then on Ron didn’t look back. Cats from all over brighton end up at Rons, some are handed in as strays, some are lost, some are victims of the recession where their owners simply can’t afford to look after them any more, some end up there when their owners die. Ron never turns a cat away, even if the cat has medical problems that will cost a lot of money. Ron is now in his seventies but his commitment to cat welfare is unceasing, he will drop anything to drive to the over side of Brighton to collect a cat in need. He really is an inspiration in his tireless work with cats. Thanks to Ron’s hard work, thousands of cats over the years have been sterilised.
Ron helps to educate people about cat welfare, and helps to keep the cat population in Brighton down by ensuring that every cat that leaves Lost Cats has been sterilised. Rons charity has had a massive impact on cat welfare in Brighton.

Volunteer of the Year
This award celebrates the hard work and commitment of an individual working with in a voluntary service in Brighton & Hove and who has been nominated by the general public.

Please vote for him - click on the 'Brighton & Hove Awards' link supplied below.

http://publicserviceawards.brighton-hove.gov.uk/voting/voty.aspx

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 14:15:58 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat