Author Topic: Dear Diary....  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Dear Diary....
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 16:48:45 PM »
  :hug: :hug: :hug: I feel so much for all you wonderful rescues at the mo . I just don't know how you are all coping. Just want to give you a huge hug angie and send my love over every second of the day.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 16:05:26 PM »
Yvonne cp has managed to get the other 2 kittens signed over and I believe Judith has rushed off to get them before granddaughter gets home - I was at vets when Yvonne called. They are going into CP care.

Offline Crysannia

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sushi
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 15:58:35 PM »
I can't even begin to think about how you do this! >:(  :hug: Those poor creatures!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 13:45:01 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
OMG Angie, what a day! Shame it`s nothing new. Knew where you were going was a bit of a "hot spot", but didnt think it was that badd.

Just remember, I do have a spare room at the mo, that I seem to have given up hope to turn into a sewing room!

The 4 ferels kittens are now downstairs, and getting tamer by the day, so I can always use it as an iso room if needed.

On the plus side, Alfie is happy as he is being fed seperately as his food has his meds in, and Polly has made friends with my Gary. I caught him grooming her yesterday on the stairs then they played chase-me-charlie over the sofa. She even brushed round my legs! :wow:

I do have a supply of cake for emergency use only!

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
I wonder if any rescues have considered blogging as a way to raise awareness and funds? It only takes someone like Stephen Fry to follow a blogger and they seem to end up with loads of people following....not that I know much about this sorta thing, lol..
hope you have a better day,

Jen and Benji  :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Angie there`s just one teeny bit of your yesterday which really appeals to me  the egg and chips  :rofl:
Hope today is better  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:21:19 AM »
Fingers crossed for a better day today Angie
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 02:03:37 AM »
Just a horror story to me  and I wouild be useless in rescue but so glad you and your crew are good at this  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Dear Diary....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:47:23 AM »
(actually an email I've just sent Judith!)
Hi,
today was fine.
Ginge has lost 200g which wasn't enough so I got told off but felt rather good as the cat in before me must have been twice his size and had not lost any weight.
 Squirt and brother to vet, bro sneezing and eyes though couldn't see an ulcer and both had normal temps.
Chemist has promised me drugs will be there tomorrow though it seems I may have to buy 10 tablets - bizarre after all the fuss.
Bell has got photoframe and Andrea says she will try and put it on the counter. She also had 4 of the mugs.
went to mums for a cuppa and chat on way back and she is walking around really well.

Almost forgot that I had promised to go with Yvonne to canley to drop off neutering leaflets and arrange some neutering vouchers. She picked me up at 8 and I was cramming egg and chips down me.
She had left a message on my machine but of course I was out. One of the houses we were going to had some 8 week old kittens with cat flu and the woman told yvonne yesterday that one had stopped eating and ' was probably going to be dead by the time she got back from work'. Yvonne was thinking of trying to get it to nurse so I grabbed lectade, synulux and eye drops to take with us.

The first house we called at had 3 or 4 adult cats, 4 20week old kittens now recovering from cat flu so vouchers arranged for them. They also had a huge german shepherd that kept grumbling and one of the teenage louts kept shouting at it to shut up or he'd beat the crap out of it. (two teenage boys who should have been smothered at birth, two girls, no carpets and a huge 50 inch flat screen telly).
The second house was the house with the smallest 8 week old kittens I've seen.
 2 running round with bad eyes but obv. on the mend from cat flu. One very emaciated kitten being cuddled by granddaughter to keep it warm. They had been trying to syringe feed it with cows milk. We immediately took that kitten to vets now (on CCG as Yvonne couldn't authorize it) the poor thing threw up fermented cows milk all over me (it was down my jumper for warmth) and had little temperature to speak of. Yvonne was thinking of trying to nurse it but shes had no experience and tbh, I thought it was a goner - temp very low, I though it would die on way to vets, so I said it was better left at the vets.
Yvonne almost lost it when the girl after crying about this kitten said that her auntly was now going to breed her rotty cross with another rotty cross - I think Yvonne has been talking to Glen about some neutering vouchers for the dog (there may have been 2 dogs but my temper was keeping me quiet at this stage and I'd sort of shut it all off)

Anyway got home at 10. and then we both sat in the van till gone 12-30 talking. Good point is we spotted 3 of my ferals down the road as I haven't seen them in the garden since the fight with Goose.

Got back in , clothes in washing machine, me in bath then fed, medicated my lot.

Vets had left a message on machine and asked me to phone back. Kitten had died after a couple of hours. Full of fleas , he thinks we should report owners to RSPCA, Yvonne isn't sure as she is trying to befriend the canley area and thinks it will make things harder for her if people start muttering about her reporting them.

I'm glad your kittens are in their new home but 2 out, 3 in is not how it is supposed to work! You will have to tell me the full story tomorrow. I'd love you to come to see Di with me tomorrow and if its alright with you would like to go about 11 ish as she is normally off for her afternoon nap 12-30.
A quick 30mins on purrs and then bed for me as well.

Link to CatChat