Author Topic: Advertising Idea - digital photo frame  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Advertising Idea - digital photo frame
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »
such as it might get nicked!

collection tins are always going, but I decided the outlay was low enough to accept. After all, an ad in the paper costs a fair bit nowadays and you don't always get any response - or the type of response you would like....

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 12:34:31 PM »
Well they all loved it, but there were some negatives brought up, such as it might get nicked! which, must admit hadnt occurred to me. But after hearing reports from the members who run the charity's shop about what gets nicked from the shop - a charity shop for goodness sake! I suppose its a consideration. Oh, and the other negative was - umm, well its got to be plugged in somewhere - er, yes!!! Vets do have electricity do they not lol! They were happy for me to try it at my vets though.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 12:18:23 PM »
Any feed back from the meeting?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 17:12:35 PM »
Just a quick reply as off filming again.
I used powerpoint to do writing but guess word would do. It was Trial and error but didn't take too long. I am happy to email it to you if you have powerpoint and you can just change the words.

The pictures on it were actually stickers, the sort you use for card making. They were selling them at Tesco (on offer may have been buy one , get one free can't remember now) and had the cat ones - I thought they would look better than clip art but I'm sure clip art was work as well. The stickers do have some thickness to them as they come with a small sticky pad on the back but the back of the frame certainly still fits securely. There are 4 big screws on the frame that undo so that the glass can be cleaned so its just a matter of not tightening them too much - which is what they say in the booklet anyway.

Thanks Angie  :thanks: - yayy! I got a frame today - only 8 inch though, couldnt afford the bigger one  :( (was in a rush to get it for the meeting - this evening! so got it in pc world in town) I havent bothered with a border for now - just to show them at the meeting, so I added a few piccies just for demo purposes, been messing about all afternoon familiarising myself with Photoscape  :Crazy: and I've added phone number/website of the charity to each picture for now, with one picture being the charitiy's logo etc.

I'm really pleased, it looks brill - well I think so anyway, hope they like it at the meeting  :scared:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »
That's such a fab idea, and looks wonderful  ;D ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 10:17:34 AM »
Just a quick reply as off filming again.
I used powerpoint to do writing but guess word would do. It was Trial and error but didn't take too long. I am happy to email it to you if you have powerpoint and you can just change the words.

The pictures on it were actually stickers, the sort you use for card making. They were selling them at Tesco (on offer may have been buy one , get one free can't remember now) and had the cat ones - I thought they would look better than clip art but I'm sure clip art was work as well. The stickers do have some thickness to them as they come with a small sticky pad on the back but the back of the frame certainly still fits securely. There are 4 big screws on the frame that undo so that the glass can be cleaned so its just a matter of not tightening them too much - which is what they say in the booklet anyway.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 23:39:01 PM »
Oh bless the little lad that was going to be put to sleep.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 23:06:27 PM »
Sorry, me again  :-[ - the A4 piece of paper - how did you gauge where to print? am I being really thick here? lol - and the decorations, are they clip art?

By the way your George looks just like my Chico, we reckon he's a colourpoint British shorthair.  :)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 18:26:38 PM »
Feel free and the software is easy to use. load picture into it , press the 'T' and type the text you want to add.
The pictures just continue rotating round.

When I next update, I'm going to include a couple of information shots as well , an ad to request volunteers and probably a neutering one.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 18:18:53 PM »
Oh, and also, is that Photoscape software easy to use?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 14:49:28 PM »
Oh I'm gald you posted some pics of it, couldnt quite imagine how it looked - looks brilliant  :wow: Do you mind if I show these pics to cats actiont trust who I foster for? We've got a meeting next week I think and I'd like to put this forward as an idea for us. Do the pics continuously scroll?

Can't believe that owner wanting such a young cat pts  >:( glad its a happy ending tho  :)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 22:27:15 PM »
Well 2 in situ and another one to try next week...

piccies of one in situ (don't I post some interesting photos :rofl:)

and the last piccie is a hand in at the vet. He's 18months old and brought in by 'owner' whos relationship has broken up and she wanted him PTS. When they refused she said she'd let it loose in the car park..... hence the message on my phone asking if we had room. By the time I got there to pick up Squirt, one of the VN's was going to take him home.....

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 15:44:53 PM »
That's a brilliant idea  ;D I wonder if our vets would go for that. Must investigate thanks Angie  ;D

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
I agree! Thats a great idea  :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »
That sounds like a really good idea!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »
Round Christmas you seem to get a lot of places selling the cheaper versions of these, we had one at work for £17.99 I think. It's a great idea, I know that moving pictures and scrolling screen type things always draw your attention, especially when you're in a boring waiting room

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »
Angie that's a fantastic idea hun.  What a great way to display the cats needing homes in rescue  ;D

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:48:30 AM »
they do wall hang. you can also use it in clock or a calendar function, though this reduces the size of the photograph displayed. I must admit to thinking of getting another one for the vet Judith uses....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:33:56 AM »
That sounds like a great idea for a reasonable outlay. I'm sure they would hang on a wall if the vet doesn't want them on the counter - My old vet had a really small counter but lots of wall space.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 23:23:41 PM »
Oooh, now, I like that idea a lot, wonder if my vet would be up for it? hmmm.....

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Advertising Idea - digital photo frame
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 23:13:02 PM »
I'm sure you have all thought of it before but heyho!

I purchased a 10 inch Technica photo frame from Tesco today "half price" only £49.97 (!).

This evening I Have been adding names to all the photos (same as those on our website) using free software photoscape (from internet) and shoved them on to a memory stick.

An A4 piece of paper fits inside the frame so I have printed our name, website and phone number on. (You have to cut out a hole for the screen in the middle and the luxury stickers (cat, pawprints ....) are optional  :rofl:)

So frame and memory stick will go to vets tomorrow and be plugged in on the counter.

A much neater solution than bad print outs that cost a fortune in ink and curl up at the edges - just have to remember to update every month or so.

I have already checked its OK with the practice manager!

Link to CatChat