Author Topic: unwanted kitten!  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Re: unwanted kitten!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »
OMG you've over taken me now Dawn we have 5 dogs 4 cats a parrot and goldfish  :Crazy:
my new addition is also called Teddy too he's white and a polyductl cat with lots of toes  :Luv2:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 10:10:08 AM »
the woman who had her said she had been  rescued from drowning at a local lake and that she had taken her in. dont know if this is totally true, who knows? she said she had kept cats all her life and had never known such a pshyco cat before! i can honestly say she hasnt  shown an ounce of aggression since she got here. she was certainly very freindly last night when she was snuggled between me and OH in bed last night! she purred herself to sleep, bless her. she is playing with teddy our youngest cat at the mo!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »
Arrr she sounds lovely  ;D  Prob brought for the kids and none knew how to look after her or understand cats needs :(   >:(

Soo glad ya have her hun and she can now have the loved life she deserves. Well done  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 09:47:35 AM »
hi millies mum! yes its typical of me isnt it?! we have 6 dogs now, 2 failed fosters, since you bought poppy and daisy over! i am such a soft touch! hope you and your animals are all well. poppy and daisy are absolutely fine, as are all our cats and dogs. lovely to hear from you x :Luv2:

Offline Crysannia

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sushi
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:18 AM »
Glad to hear she is doing ok. I don't understand what people think a kitten is supposed to do... We threw a housemate/lodger out for a simillar attitude to ours as a kitten - you would never know we supposedly have the bigger brains would you?! :Crazy:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 14:20:26 PM »
Well Done! for taking her in she's safe now i should know i've been to your animal house  :evillaugh: ( i say that because like my house it is run by my animals not humans)
hope she finds a forever home soon  :Luv:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
cant believe  how happy  she is already. she just been kneading the sofa and purrs her head off when i fuss her. she is  very lively at times, typical kitten and loves to play with toys. think she will play with  some of our cats before long! my 2 fosters are looking for an extra  special home! they are the 2 very nervous fosters i have been posting about. the little girl wobbles but is very affectionate, her brother is very,very shy and isnt bothered about fuss at all! they have been waiting ages for a home with hardly any interest at all, poor babes.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:55:20 AM »
Have to agree on the kids theory.

the kitten wont do it for no reason. the kids would of been tourmenting her - and I have to agree with rescues about not homing with small children.

6 months - mmmm may be too young, Mom is looking for a young cat about 2 - we are in  sth - Birmingham. (and most likley, one she can see - black kitties tend to mix in to the back ground. My stray cat choccy is black - and I can only see him if he looks at me - and I can see his eyes, bless him.

will lay some seeds to mom.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
kitten is called jessie. just texted woman, she said her partner posted vacc card yesterday, will wait to see if it turns up. instead of smacking poor kitten, wouldnt she have been better to smack the kids to get them to leave her alone, little sods!! she is so settled already,think she is glad of the peace!

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 10:43:07 AM »
she was spayed 2 weeks ago (woman didnt know what spayed meant when i asked if she had been done!) so 6 months perhaps? she is all black and totally gorgeous. we are in derbyshire. noticed this morn that she has what seems to be a tiny piece of stitch sticking out where she was spayed. not sure what to do about it. she still hasnt bought vacc card, just going to  text her about it.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
How old is said kitten - where & colour?  .

trying to get my mom to have another cat -

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »
What a vile woman!!!!  Thank God you were able to rescue her-who knows what her husband would've done whe he got home  >:(
Hope you soon find her  the home she deserves  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 00:16:34 AM »
Poor little thing  :( Good on you for taking her in and hope you manage to find a lovely home for her  :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 21:15:37 PM »
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuury!  :rofl:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 20:28:20 PM »
she is  so gorgeous she may well break the camera!!!  will post a pic but need to charge camera battery up first.!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 20:17:35 PM »
piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :Luv2: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 20:13:31 PM »
CP branches don't usually have much trouble rehoming kittens AFAIK. Have you spoken to them yourself?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 19:56:32 PM »
That's awful I bet the woman was exaggerating about the cat so she could persuade you to take her, or like you say the kids were probably tormenting the poor thing and it was lashing out :( Well done you for taking her in though and giving her a chance. All you can do is try and find her a good home where she won't be picked on, there will always be lots of people looking for kittens, you just have to homecheck them and ask them lots of questions to make sure it's the right home for the little girl. What's she called? :)

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
unwanted kitten!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 19:49:42 PM »
a woman rang me yesterday begging me to take her kitten as she has a 3 small kids and the kitten had bitten and scratched them. she had  phoned several rescues but all were full. I AM NOT A RESCUE !!! kitten had to go before her OH got home as she said he would hit poor kitten and throw her out when he saw the latest marks on the kids! she had already slapped the kitten herself to try to stop the aggression. shesaid she has never known such a  crazy cat. i wondered what i was letting myself in for but she has been nothing but freindly and sweet with me. she has been purring and following me all day. bet the brats were rough with her and hurt the poor girl thats why she scratched them. cant believe some people. she is lovely but i cant keep her as we have 7 rescue cats and i am fostering 2 at the mo. i really love her already and will be heartbroken to see her go. she has had such a crap life so far i just dont want to let her down. what am i to do?!

Link to CatChat