Author Topic: rentokill  (Read 2987 times)

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
Re: rentokill
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »
no news im afraid. i was hoping cats protection would have phoned the pit to see what is going on. i asked them to let me know what they found out but havent heard anything. also e mailed news editor at the chad, asked them if they could find any info and to let me know, havent heard anything from them either.  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Any news on this?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 16:07:26 PM »
I'm just amazed to learn there's still a working colliery in the UK!  :Crazy: I thought OM Thatcher had shut them all down.  :shify:

Fingers crossed for the puddies.... nothing surprises me anymore.  :tired:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 13:17:46 PM »
havent heard any more about this yet. i am hoping that celia hammond trust or cats protection will  get in touch with the pit and find out exactly what is going on. my freind runs a rabbit rescue and was told about it by one of her helpers whose husband works at the pit. wish someone would get back to me so we can all fond out what is going on and hopefully help these poor cats

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »
 :scared: Hope the cats can be saved  :(  Have ya heard any more hun?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 21:32:11 PM »
 :Crazy: OMG I hope this isn't true.  Who did your freind hear it from?  Have you spoken to the local press to see if they know anything or can find anything.  I wuould speak to the Nottingham evening Post or the Mansfield Chad.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 18:48:07 PM »
Good that you contacted CP HQ as well  :hug:. They were very good a couple of years ago when I saw in my local paper that the local council threatened a schoolboy with an ASBO for putting up posters about his missing cat. I phoned CP and spoke to their media dept. Within 24hrs, it was an international news story  :evillaugh: - the BBC even went round. Because of the publicity, someone recognised Milly when she was hanging around in their garden  :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 18:50:10 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 18:41:25 PM »
have just found out, my freind heard about this last week but only happened to tell meabout  it last night as i spoke to her about something else. hope its not too late. have just e mailed celia hammond trust. will wait to hear if either of these charities can get any more info. >:( >:(

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 18:29:54 PM »
havent been able to find out any more about this. been in touch with local cats protection branch and the head office. they are very concerned and are willing to try to help. i have given them phone no of the colliery and asked if they can get in touch with them. thought it might be better that way instead of me phoning as i am just a concerned member of the public. i am sure some people would be willing to help if we could just get the cats away to safety.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 18:15:50 PM »
That is terrible  >:(

I don't now anything about it. It might be worth Speaking to the people at CHAT as they rescued the ferals at the docklands site. I know they had some problems being granted access etc, but worked around it by getting some publicity in Metro & other media. I would give them a call as they could be a great help.

http://www.celiahammond.org/
I know they are in the south but they might be able to advise on law, policies etc as well as practical advice.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 17:29:45 PM »
Do you have any more information about this?

I cannot find anything
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
rentokill
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »
i have heard that thorseby colliery , edwinstowe, nottm has called in rentokill to dispose of all the cats there. i think its terrible. has anyone else heard this? are there any rescues out there who could help these poor cats. dont know when this is taking place but i think its soon >:(

Link to CatChat