Author Topic: CAT 77  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: CAT 77
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 21:11:24 PM »
I know the nuneaton branch are still going strong.

Covcats were a breakaway group from them about 20 years ago.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
It was Elke who got me started as well. She spent hours on the phone talking me through things.  :) Very no nonsense lady.  :evillaugh:

I do hope they're okay.  :scared:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »
Isn't that the one Desley used to volunteer for?  I know she changed rescues over a year ago so maybe they have disappeared from the scene.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »
I was involved with them many many years ago when I started doing cat rescue work in London.   In fact, they taught me how to trap.  Many a happy night was spent in the rough estates in SE London and the East End  being pelted with beer cans, stones and bags of chips while we tried to help cats and kittens struggling to eat the food we had brought.

Sadly, this was over 20 years ago and some of my friends involved then have either died or moved away.   I've lost touch with how they are doing as a charity - I think there are branches up and down the country.  I have heard that Elke de Vries, one of the prime motivators, is still doing work in London but I don't know how active otherwise the Central London branch is any more.  Elke is around the same age as Celia Hammond I think so late 60s...

Perhaps someone from one of the Branches will post and let us know.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
CAT 77
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:13:02 AM »
Does anyone know how CAT77 are doing?  :shify: I keep looking at their website and it seems wildly out of date and has been like that for a while. A lot of the links are broken now.  :scared: I was tempted to try to start a branch down here before I got involved with CP. CAT77 were very helpful and supportive to me when I first started out that I would hate to think they'd ceased operations.  :(

Link to CatChat