Author Topic: Essex kittens  (Read 8670 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Essex kittens
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 23:39:49 PM »
I is not joking.  :doh:  They don't look like those cute kittens that arrived here anymore.  :scared: Still, at least they aren't hungry.  :evillaugh:

Look what I just found doing when I went up to do the last feed of the day.  :tired: I bathed him straight away as he had bits of Whiskas mush ground into his face and I'm sure he would have started to smell if left overnight.  :innocent:

As you say, Sarah, another chore... didn't really plan on bathing kittens at nearly midnight when I signed up to CP.  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 23:40:40 PM by Pinkbear (Julie) »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 22:23:55 PM »
Brill pics Julie  :wow:   :Luv:

So glad they are in your care  ;D Well done to ya both for helping them  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mind you, if you compare the fluffy shiney pristine little balls that arrived to the crusted, spikey and sticky little gremlins I have now I'm not so sure I should be that proud. They have taken to food fights and experimenting finding new uses for food in a big way. A couple have even used the mush as a pillow and nodded off to sleep in the food bowl... all that gravy dries out overnight, you know. I had to prize two of them apart this morning.  :shify: :-[ :evillaugh:

:rofl: brilliant

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
How simply gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:.  Been waiting for these pics ......

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »
Yes I know but its nice to show appreciation and be appreciated ;) 

sounds like they are getting there Julie I have to admit  I dread the 4-6 week mark with baths and blow drys just adding to the list of 'to do's'   - though that said the cuteness factor of them all soaking wet in the sink followed by the wee head poking out the towel is priceless and always makes you smile - far outweighs the 'bad' really doesn't it ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 09:26:13 AM »
Oh, give over woman!  :rofl: Any one of us would have taken them given the circumstances, I just happened to be the closest in a position to offer. Another time it will be Teresa or Lesley or anyone else.  :) But as you say, a classic example of how purrs workkds together.  :briggin:

Mind you, if you compare the fluffy shiney pristine little balls that arrived to the crusted, spikey and sticky little gremlins I have now I'm not so sure I should be that proud. They have taken to food fights and experimenting finding new uses for food in a big way. A couple have even used the mush as a pillow and nodded off to sleep in the food bowl... all that gravy dries out overnight, you know. I had to prize two of them apart this morning.  :shify: :-[ :evillaugh:

I may have to fish the hair dryer out and bath them if brushing doesn't do the trick.  :sneaky:

The good news is that there are only two now who really hold out for milk in preference to the meat. The rest of them only want a few mils of milk then they are off back to the meat.  :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm very grateful to Julie for helping in this situation as I just knew that this poor guy was terrified he did something to hurt the babies inadvertently and could hear the babies screaming in the background for food.

though with us several hundred miles away there was no way of getting them here in time - they needed something closer!!

they are looking great Julie and really pleased they are doing well. Think a great team effort all round thanks to purrs  ;)

:hug: :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 17:02:31 PM »
Well done Julie & Sarah - just goes to show the power of Purrs eh?  :)  :hug:

Hope these little ones thrive in your care Julie  :) Such a shame about their Mum  :(

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 16:50:32 PM »
I know..!  :evillaugh: I didn't even bother asking the gentleman what colour they were over the phone as I KNEW they were going to be black.  :tired: Nothing wrong with black ones, of course, but don't all all long for a change once in a while?  :innocent: When he pulled back the towel to reveal this lot I nearly fainted.  :faint: I was expecting Jeremy Beadle to spring out from behind a bush.  :shify: I checked back my photo album and I haven't had tabbies in my care for 3 years!  :shocked:

Such a pity about mum... if only she'd held on another week.  :( They turned their noses up at milky mush and are very interested in plain mashed up meat. Some are sucking and nibbling at it.  :sneaky: I'll have them weaned in no time.  :naughty:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 16:41:12 PM »
I hope your 6 four weekers run you as ragged as my 6 four weekers  :rofl:
How come they arent black, you slipped up there missus  :rofl:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 16:14:26 PM »
More piccies

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
Essex kittens
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 16:12:51 PM »
As a result of this thread... http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34099.0.html

I now have 6 new bathroom residents!  :evillaugh:

Sarah (Madkittyrescue) and I both grilled this poor man and he passed both our BS detectors.  :innocent: He really was a very, very nice man who really did care about these kittens but who was totally out of his depth. He was convince he'd end up inadvertantly killing the kittens.  :doh:

They were is really good shape when they got to me. Mum had done a good job... sadly she was just too young ans too small to cope with 6 kittens. She collapsed and died due to calcium deficiency.  :'(

Link to CatChat