Author Topic: Busy day today  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Busy day today
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 22:43:57 PM »
 :( Just wanted to send over some  :hug: :hug: :hug: Canterbury/Kent way  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
Yep, that's the one, Mark. It's a wonder she didn't ring PAH herself as it's not that far away.  :shify: If she had, she might have got there in time to say goodbye.  :( Another case of not having a chip fitted.  :tired: Pud was found as an RTA in the same road and taken in by a passerby.

:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »
Yep, that's the one, Mark. It's a wonder she didn't ring PAH herself as it's not that far away.  :shify: If she had, she might have got there in time to say goodbye.  :( Another case of not having a chip fitted.  :tired: Pud was found as an RTA in the same road and taken in by a passerby.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 08:21:52 AM »
was also a lost cat report recieved today.

Was this the lady in Roper Road?

I rang her back as there were 3 missed calls. She said she had already spoken to someone. She said her cat had been seen in the area looking poorly  :(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:05:48 AM »
Very sad day Mark   :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 23:05:03 PM »
Sadly the RTA that died (not PTS) was also a lost cat report recieved today. The vets had assumed it was a feral we'd done as it had a nicked ear. They called us and asked if it was one of ours, but it was a tabby and we haven't had a tabby feral for yonks and certainly nowhere near to where this RTA was found. I'd have remembered a tabby as they are rare round here.  :shify: Angela called them back but they said puss had passed away in the interim. Then a couple of hours later the lost report came in - tabby cat with nicked ear. Same road address and where the RTA was found. I put 2 and 2 together.  :( 

While Angela was on the phone to the vet, they said someone had just handed in a 5 week old black kitten found dumped outside Comet in Wincheap.  :tired:

My Honey goes to her new home tomorrow.... not going to have an empty bathroom for long, am I?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 18:35:14 PM »
I only took the messages, but no idea what will happen to any of them. The RSPCA are dealing with one of the RTAs - not sure if it is the one that died.
probably >:(

Its tough everywhere at the moment, I hope you manage to hang in there. I've had 2 radio interviews today on the back of the wheelie bin (not literally!) and have been mouthing off about the cruelty of overpopulation and how people should be neutering. one of these days...... :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 18:29:01 PM »
I only took the messages, but no idea what will happen to any of them. The RSPCA are dealing with one of the RTAs - not sure if it is the one that died.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 18:19:25 PM »
Oh dear. Poor you Mark.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 18:11:28 PM »
Sorry things are so bad for you down there, i hope you can find some more volunteers
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 18:12:45 PM by Desley (booktigger), Reason: Wrong rescue!! »
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Busy day today
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 17:56:09 PM »
Amongst other routine calls, we have had 3 strays and 2 RTAs at vets today  :( - Sharon just emailed me and one of the RTAs has died  :( - with no room, it is a pretty depressing situation. I know there was a welfare meeting today (I'm not on the welfare committee) but spaces can't be made out of thin air  :(

Link to CatChat