Author Topic: Just wanted your opinions............  (Read 1820 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Just wanted your opinions............
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 14:58:05 PM »
:hug:  :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 14:54:23 PM »
Hi hun

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 20:19:42 PM »
With the moving of cats looking for homes and urgent cases all being moved into their own child boards Tan the R&R board is really just used for updating members on cases we are working on just now anyway so don't really see the point in giving you / admin staff more housekeeping???

If we move such updates to a new board not really sure what we'd be posting in R&R???

Personally I like things as they are in terms of boards and posts and we will never keep everyone happy all of the time.

So in conclusion - I'm happy with the way things are and wouldn't be giving yourselves any more work in changing it.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
Thanks T

Yes i can see it it much easier for you to have one update thread than many and it's a good idea :) Individual threads are also good :) The more we know the more us members got to know the rescues and the cats, the more we can help :)
So one update thread or individual threads are great and totally up to rescues which they prefer :)

The rescue room used to be a section on it's own which has things like rescue asking another rescue, where members can post if they wish to offer help or where rescue can ask for volunteers etc. i popped this in with main rescue board now.

:)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 14:33:43 PM »
Must say I hadnt even noticed that section.
Cant speak for other rescues but I have a thread going on main rescue/rehoming  Paws Inn Updates where I try to keep people up to date with comings and goings. Found previous to this  was starting so many threads to cover all new arrivals and trying to update it was time consuming, I also had PM from member telling me not to post so many threads as it was just showing off, so I found this one thread cut down on posting and sort of put Paws Inn in one place so to speak and kept everyone happy.
My opinion is this is best placed where it is and new section unnecessary, but lets see what others think.Suppose if you decided to keep it there are some classic older threads in rescue /rehoming like Diablo screams for Life  which could possibly be moved across for story content.
In truth Tan you have already been overly generous to us Rescue people thank you.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Just wanted your opinions............
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 13:08:59 PM »
Hi

Cause we have made the rescue and rehoming section a main board on it's own and merged the "Rescue Room" (a board for cat rescue centers)  with it.

I made a new board under the rescue room called cat rescue stories and updates. This is a new board so nowt in it yet and can be seen from the home page as shown below.  Idea is to make an individual section for cat rescues can update stories and tell us about the cats in there wonderful care :)  (ie not for "advertising" cats needing homes). The more we know about the cats and the rescue, the more our members get to know the rescues :)

Question is would you prefer the rescue update threads in there or to stay in R&R general as now?
No prob which cause i can easily remove the new board :)

Ta well much

xxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 13:26:35 PM by Tan, Reason: forgot pic!! doh! »

Link to CatChat