Author Topic: Hmm, advice for a friend with a irresponsible next door neighbour...  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hmm, advice for a friend with a irresponsible next door neighbour...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
It's always frustrating and tricky in these situations but if your friend finds next doors unapproachable then the advice you've given about getting a rescue involved sounds pretty good to me. 

I doubt I'd go for the catnapping though because they'd probably just go and get another cat so it's back to square one.  I hope that things get sorted.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:52:26 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hmm, advice for a friend with a irresponsible next door neighbour...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
... right, my friend has a neighbour who had 2 females who both got pregnant. One female was never seen again after she gave birth and she thinks that she might have died giving birth. The other female is now pregnant AGAIN!!!!!!!

She's ravenously hungry and is coming into my friends catflap and she doesn't know what to do. She knows that she belongs to an awful family who live next door. They're the kind of people she says that she just daredn't say anything and is very reluctant to do anything or get involved (understandable!)

Is there anything she can do? I've suggested the RSPCA just in terms of them coming round and giving them advice (and the hope that they would sign her over). BTW - she's in Dublin and i'm not sure what the system is in Ireland...

... I've said I would have cat napped her and taken her to a shelter away from there and say she's found a stray (the cat isn't chipped or collared) but of course it's easy for me to say this, i'm not in that position.... I don't suppose that there's anyone in Ireland with space for a cat nap???!!!!!!

My other worry is that they will just replace the cat with another.... *frets!*
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat