Author Topic: Found on Birmingham ***tree  (Read 1760 times)

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: Found on Birmingham ***tree
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 22:11:37 PM »
Yes I spotted that one too, counting chickens and all that!

Had a fairly normal day yesterday, but did have some nice gifts and presents, followed by a meal paid for by my daughter and her OH, which ended up with our puddings being refunded after she read our comments on the short questionnaire after our meal.  Just spotted the sad post about kitten number 3, because OH and I have been to pick the kitten pen up we won on *b**.

Take care.
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 20:48:21 PM »
first of all happy birthday for yesterday Judith! Sorry,  I forgot but have been preoccupied the last few days!

Anyway, saw one some time this week from someone whose cat was due to give birth "any day now" and was selling the kittens for £5 each! As far as premature homings go, can anyone beat that?

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 18:28:31 PM »
Once again I do not think it is a case of an "allergy" i think it is a case of realsing just what hard work little ones can be.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 16:46:47 PM »
I think they are only about 9 weeks old.  Probably purchased from a BYB in the first place.
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 16:45:29 PM »
He obviously thinks he can turn up to a "cat shelter" today and just drop them off today - is he in for a big surprise!!!

That's what I was thinking.  :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 15:08:21 PM »
He obviously thinks he can turn up to a "cat shelter" today and just drop them off today - is he in for a big surprise!!!
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 14:56:33 PM »
I thought they had an obligation to contact the rescue they came from first?

Probably just ignorant pikey chavs.  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
Found on Birmingham ***tree
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 14:27:48 PM »
We rescue folk are clearly not understood by this person - he forgets that a rescue will take back an animal if there is a problem, or perhaps is ignorant to that fact, as should any good breeder.  He also fails to realise that a home visit may well be to his advantage like pointing out the chimney that needs blocking off, or the washing machine that kittens can hide behind.

The reason we have to sell is that our 13month old son has become allergic to them so we must find them a new home today They MUST go together and Must go TODAY by 12.30, or they'll have to be taken to a cats shelter. We'd like to give someone an opportunity to have them from us before going through all the hassle the cat homes and shelters make you go through, like home visits and such.  End quote

Grrrrrr!
Coventry Cat Group

Link to CatChat