Author Topic: URGENT ADVICE found cat with nowhere to go  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: URGENT ADVICE found cat with nowhere to go
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
This cat should be high priority as it isn't like a stray being fed in someone's garden until there is a space. Hopefully on of the CP branches will be able to help.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 15:09:50 PM »
Ive tried to ring all of those in our area and left voicemails but noone has gotten back to me yet  :(
The vets have called 2 cat protection leagues and 2 RSPCas and another rescue so between us we have called around 10 places.

Katie from the vets will keep in touch with me but im worried as I want her to go somewhere safe.

I have 2 indoor kittens and so I dont think taking in a cat thats been living outdoors would be very nice on the cat or my 2 kittens.... otherwise Id have her as she really is gorgeous.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 14:16:55 PM »
Hi Emma I've posted on your other thread but will also post the same here........

well done for caring, here's a list of rescues you could contact in that area:  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/hants.html

here are the found tips also in case you've not seen them:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.0.html

best of luck!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Emma2Cats

• Adult Cat
URGENT ADVICE found cat with nowhere to go
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 14:07:42 PM »
Hi Guys,
Pretty urgent, a cat appeared near my work the past 5 weeks in Basingstoke town centre (Hampshire) - thought we had found the owner but they took it to the vets to check for a chip and it wasnt theres - the vet has agreed to take her for now but are ringing around rescues etc to find someone to take her - if they cant find anyone they will have to bring her back to town :(

Shes covered in fleas - lovely temperament - I would take her but im in a flat with 2 kittens and it wouldnt be viable.

What do I do? The vet has asked me to ring around also... do you know any rescues in Basingstoke / hampshire?
I work fulltime so struggling with time but dont want her left outside again - shes got a lovely temperament and is so friendly.

Link to CatChat