Author Topic: Pics Added!!30 CATS NEEDING FOSTERERS AND/OR HOMES - WHARFEVALLEY AREA, W YORKS  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
that second pic of tim and his mum is so, so beautiful

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Oh bless him!

We have Nelson here - found in a gutter would you believe???

He's around 18 (if not more!) and not got long left in him, but he's a sweetie who loves his fosterer! I'm such a sucker for the oldies!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
That guy with the bad ear reminds me so much of my TC who I rescued when he was 18 1/2 years old.  He went into different rescues four times before coming to me and we always knew it was the same cat because of his ear.

Good luck to all those lovely babies.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Again, I'll admit my heart has gone out to the black lad with a scruffy ear. They're all lovely looking cats and I'm glad HQ gave food and more funding to ensure their safety for a bit.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
The're going to feel so much better in time, especially when they find loving homes  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Yes, we think it's from a fight as they were all indoor cats. It's difficult as they look quite well in terms of their weight, but look closer and pretty much all will need their teeth out, various flea allergies and worms etc and of course nervousness, but suprisingly they're coming round well.

It never fails to astound me how they just bounce back given a bit of TLC. They'll need a lot of work and care, but they're so worth it!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh my what a story! So glad they are all safe now, well done  :hug:

:Luv: They are all gorgeous and Tiffany and Tiny Tim are just adorable together.

Has the lovely little black kitty got a bad eye and ear Jen ?  :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 13:58:21 PM by Janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Thanks Janey... here are some of the wee ones (with a special story about Tiffany and Tiny Tim!)

Tiffany and Tiny Tim were just two of the 30 cats rescued from squalor by the branch recently. Here's their story...

Tiny Tim spent the afternoon of the first rescue in one of our rescuers pockets! We had to get as many cats as possible that afternoon so watched him carefully as we knew he was struggling.We got 20. cats but which was Tiny Tim's Mum?
The vet was disgusted at the state of these cats. We investigated all the tabby and white girl cats, none seemed to have any milk. A black and white one did, all her kittens had been found dead. She didn't want to know Tiny Tim. So out with the feeding bottle. Tiny Tim was checked over and his hundreds of fleas were zapped. He was very hungry which was a good sign.
We found a cat then who wanted to wash him, so decided that Tiffany must be his Mum. What a bond between Mum and Son. We had been told that the rest of this litter had died, We had to save Tiny Tim. He was very weak but had spirit. Tiffany kept Tiny Tim hidden under her tummy she hated it when he was removed for a feed and washed him all over when he was returned.
After a few days of good food, her milk started to flow Hurray. Tiffany was so traumatised, I guess she has had quite a few kittens but maybe never raised any, she is quite timid and was probably last in the queue for food. The fleas will also have killed many tiny kittens as will have taken all their blood.
It really is touching to see Tiffany and Tiny Tim together, they have been through so much together that they are determined to stay together. Tiffany is learning to trust her fosterer. When Tiny Tim is weaned we can get his Mum spayed but as important she needs most of her teeth removing, they are disgusting. She can only eat wet food but she is getting stronger so it will soon be safe to give her an anaesthetic.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 30 CATS NEEDING FOSTERERS AND/OR HOMES - WHARFEVALLEY AREA, W YORKS
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 13:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the update  :)

Glad to hear some good news and best of luck getting fosterers/homes for them all  :hug:

Sorry about the kittens xx
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 13:31:03 PM by Janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Re: BRANCH IN CRISIS - 30 CATS NEED HELP!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
UPDATE: Right well we've managed to get 10 into foster spaces and the other 20 are still in the cattery, but Head Office have sent us through a pallet of food and money to help pay for the fees - PHEW!

We could have done with spaces being freed up in centres, but they're all full up (shows just how bad things are this year!)

They're all safe and well although there were various litters of kittens that didn't make it (won't go into details on here, far too distressing)

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 17:07:00 PM »
To be honest i'm unsure what action has been taken as I thought HQ would be able to help more but i'm not on the frontline of rescue and just do the web side so i'm not totally sure what's happening! We've got them in a cattery at the moment where I know we're not allowed to board cats like that and I don't really know what else we can do - everywhere is full and they can't stay there long term

Something usually turns up in these circumstances, but it's awful and the owner has died a while ago and the feeder didn't think to contact us sooner - ARGH!!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 16:58:38 PM »
I hope you can get spaces for them, if they are young and have been fed makes taming down a lot easier

HQ should be able to move them around they have the homing centres now and they should help - a lot of branches move cats around so they should be able to help cast the net wider

Perhaps advertising on farming forums may help if you think they are suitable barn cats but would hate them to be dumped out if being in a house is all they know can cause all sorts of problems for them

I do hope the PTS you put on Catchat is a last resort - the owner may have been ill but did get someone to feed them for all this time so did care but anything unneutered would do what comes naturally!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 16:53:52 PM »
Thanks Angie - I believe that HQ have send out a plea to local branches but all are full....  :-[

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
can't you get any help from hq as such a large number is involved?

it would drive me hopping mad to be part of a larger organisation and not get any assistance in an emergency!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
What an awful situation, I hope that you get the help you need  :hug:

eta: I'm not too far away and will donate in some way.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:52:52 AM by Janeyk »

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Our branch of Cats Protection has recently had to take in 30 cats from a squalid property. It's cost us over £2000 to get them sorted, but we have. Their owner was taken ill 3 YEARS ago and the cats have survived with a feeder coming in once a day. Some of the cats have been born in the home and therefore have had very little contact with humans. Others are fairly well adapted considering!

They are in a cattery at the moment as we have NO SPACE and desperately need homes for our cats to free up space. Their future is uncertain and some may have to be PTS if we cannot find homes for them.

Some of the rescue cats would be suitable as outdoor cats and some just need some TLC and care and will come round in time. Some are cat flu carriers and therefore most are looking for homes without other cats or other carriers.

Please contact us on 0845 194 7292 if you can help in any way, even if it's just donations of food, as we're really struggling and crippled with pregnant mums and kittens already!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 13:45:21 PM by wharfevalleycatsprotection »

Link to CatChat