Author Topic: Have seen it all now!  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Have seen it all now!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 16:26:46 PM »
Have to say that with the minimum donation now and the homecheck can see that a lot of folks will still go to the others on the site - it seems there are kittens everywhere and cheaper than CP

I hope it does work for those advertising but still doesn't sit well with me but then thats only my thoughts
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
coventry cp do as well.

i used to run ads locally and also on preloved, not with much success though I suppose you never know how many you home because people are aware of you from those sites.
in fact the only two i homed that way were the 2 exotics, who went to a lovely home (though were then rehomed due to allergy of new baby, so wasn't the total happy ending I'd hoped for! (you read it all on purrs folks!)).

in the end, i got tired of renewing the advert, so stopped. one less thing to do....

nothing wrong with it, homes are still vetted and it does get you out there, though usually with more calls people wanting to get rid :(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
I know the ad runs along the lines of "why give a back street breeder money for a cat/kitten which is unlikely to have had a health checks, vaccinations etc when you can get one from us for free that will have been checked by a vet, vaccinated, deflead & wormed" - obviously usual homechecks are done. It seems quite a sensible thing to do so I can't understand anyone doing this  >:( type of thing  :Crazy:

Hopefully it puts the BSBs out of business and also ensures that cats & kittens are going to good homes rather than handed over to anyone with £30 in their hand.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:02:57 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 08:04:59 AM »
I know Canterbury CP have an advert on one of the sites, they have had some success with it though. Julie/Mark/Sharon would know more
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Have seen it all now!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 21:32:58 PM »
Have just been looking on Gumtree and found a CP site advertising kittens! >:(
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat