Author Topic: Woman phoned in a panic tonight - reported stray is owned  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Woman phoned in a panic tonight - reported stray is owned
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
Maybe the lost cat was in a bad way because he wasn't getting his usual grub.

I agree she sounds like an unreliable "troublemaker" and I'd take what she says with a pinch of salt. Sounds like she just didn't bother to get her own cat spayed. As for the "stray", many people don't see the need to neuter toms; men, especially, think that you're "spoiling their fun".  :doh:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 07:57:01 AM »
I bet she is exagerrating about the 'stray' to get CP to help, and it could be that the owners did plan on getting him neutered and he escaped, hence the posters. I would have asked who her vet was!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:45:30 AM »
I don't suppose it will  :evillaugh:

I don't suppose we ever get to the bottom of things. It sounds like she reported the cat as a stray for getting her own cat pregnant - so really it sounds as if she is as bad. Funnily enough, one of the things she said is that the stray's owners had planned on getting him neutered if they got him back and saying they should have done it before - talk about pot & kettle  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »
Reading between the lines, I don't think the lady you spoke to was reliable Mark.  I certainly don't believe a vet told her a cat should have one season. I also think it unlikely that owners who go to the trouble of putting up posters to find their pet would only be feeding it once a day.  I think she's just concerned that owners will blame her for getting their cat "rescued".  Great that cat concerned will be neutered by now though so some good has come of it  :).  I assume no enormous effort will be put into reuniting cat and owners if he was in "a really bad state" when he was picked up  :sneaky:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 00:17:48 AM »
but the vet had told her that cats should have one season before being neutered  :shify: - I didn't even bother quizzing her or asking why her cat was out before being speyed. Anyway, no idea what will happen if the cat has been rehomed. I told her that he would definitely be neutered by now  :evillaugh:

A vet told her that? theres no hope  :tired:

I can't understand why the owners of the other one have gone to the trouble of putting posters up etc, and worrying that it is missing - and yet havent bothered to neuter it  :Crazy:

She said the "owner" said the cat never came in at night - in fact it only came in the house once a day to eat  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 00:04:54 AM »
but the vet had told her that cats should have one season before being neutered  :shify: - I didn't even bother quizzing her or asking why her cat was out before being speyed. Anyway, no idea what will happen if the cat has been rehomed. I told her that he would definitely be neutered by now  :evillaugh:

A vet told her that? theres no hope  :tired:

I can't understand why the owners of the other one have gone to the trouble of putting posters up etc, and worrying that it is missing - and yet havent bothered to neuter it  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Woman phoned in a panic tonight - reported stray is owned
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 23:32:56 PM »
A woman said that she reported a stray 2 weeks ago which we collected. She said missing posters appeared a few days ago. She phoned the number and it turns out the cat we took belongs to someone. I asked where she lives and she said Ashford. I told her that the Folkestone branch deal with that area  :-: She said she had spoken to someone very nive from our branch who gave her a different number. I said - yes that will be Folkestone. I gave her the number again and said to call again if she has no luck and we will look into it. She insiusted on telling me the whole story despite mt telling her my dinner was ready and would burn if I didn't go  :tired: - Apparently the cat got her female pregnant and that was the main reason she wanted it gone. She also said the cat was in a really bad state. I told her that it was better off away from the old owners by the sound of it - I said people that don't get their pets neutered don't care about animals. She got all defensive and said she had planned on getting her female done but the vet had told her that cats should have one season before being neutered  :shify: - I didn't even bother quizzing her or asking why her cat was out before being speyed. Anyway, no idea what will happen if the cat has been rehomed. I told her that he would definitely be neutered by now  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat