Author Topic: CATS NEW PLAY AREA  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: CATS NEW PLAY AREA
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »

I have to say Ron, it's extremely professional and very inviting!  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »
Fantastic run, Ron!  :wow:  You're an amazing man!   ;D

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 23:32:20 PM »
Finished at last,  Had to put a extra layer of wire all over as one little mite broke out :rofl: he is now back in the pen :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 00:37:14 AM »
It looks brilliant Ron  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
Meant to post on here days ago....love that run, Ron. And hope the cat flu outbreak is under control really soon. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 22:35:31 PM »
Love that film  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 08:14:36 AM »

Hearing about how you started Ron reminds me of the film "Field of Dreams" with Kevin Costner - "If you build it, they will come..."   ;) :hug:

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bazza (missing since March 2010), Rossi and Joey
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 20:34:45 PM »
Hi Ron, that's an amazing run  :wow: and nice to hear a little bit about how you got into rescuing too as I haven't been a member of Purrs very long so don't know everyone's stories  :)

As a matter of interest, how much did the run cost to build? I've recently found out that our local cat rescue (not yet big enough to be a charity) is sometimes having to buy ready-made runs at about £350 or so a time, so I said I'd look into alternatives for her. Or if you know approx how much materials you used I could get a price from our local builders' merchant where we get a discount as a friend of my hubby's works there.

Gem.

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 17:59:54 PM »
Liz you are more than welcome  :welcome:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 09:02:33 AM »
At last someone with more cats than me! ;)

Ron know how you feel with certain parts of CP - one day we may visit you to and see your lovely crew

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
Wow, that looks wonderful. Sorry to hear about the cat flu, but hopefully it will soon pass and you can continue helping needy cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 06:31:49 AM »
That does look great Ron! and it was interesting to read how your rescuing has progressed  :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:34:53 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 00:34:05 AM »
That look excellent Ron  ;D

I will have to come and have a look in person over the summer now I am on my summer break from college  :Luv2:

I have to see your beautiful black girl  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 23:05:26 PM »
I forgot to say its all one big pen all my cats end up playing together if they want to stay out all night they can and they never have any fights they swear at one another now and again  :rofl:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 22:57:52 PM »
I never made any plans when i first started i just brought a large  garden shed, and took in my Tom who was a stray in our local cemetery, then it all started from there, I started working for our local CPL i worked with them for a year as there fun raising officer but got fed up with all the silly arguing and left, From there on I just started taking in more cats so had to built on to the shed, more, and more cats started to come so I build a bigger run and so on and on now I am a charity in my own rights I also run a lost and found web site as most of you know, and have now been ruining over 10 years I am 72 and want to keep going till i cant Hack it any more  ;) and I have got a lot of time left in these old bones yet  :rofl:,  at presant I am holding over 50 cats with my own 8 house cats they call me the mad catman I  am lucky as i have a few great helpers who have stood by me and we have now homed over 2ooo cats to loving home,s and found many lost cats and returned them to their owners I think my work with the cats is what will keep me going for a lot more years them there little cats need people like all of us who Else is going to help them bless you all :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 22:04:42 PM »
That looks brill! This is for the rescue cats is it Ron? - I can't quite see, is it linked to the pens so they can go in an out as they like or do you have to take them out there? Do you have like a timeshare arrangement with the rescues, or can they all go out in the run together? Thinking of building something like that for my foster cats, but I wouldnt be able to link it to the pens I already have (no room), but I could do something further up the garden.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 21:51:51 PM »
Ron very impressive do you have plans we are looking to put an outside run on for the inside only crew and apart from knowing where I want it to go not sure on the hows - OH is away and I am planning it all on my own - it will be called Grandads pen after my late Dad!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 21:13:16 PM »
Wow Ron!  That's a bit of a Rolls Royce run, that is!  :wow:

Sorry to hear about the cat flu, but hope it's beginning to ease off now.  You can't win 'em all, Ron.   :hug: :hug:

Offline ronandcats

• Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
CATS NEW PLAY AREA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 19:47:42 PM »
Not posted for a while we have had a touch of cat flue so have had to stop homing for the last few weeks,  :( sad as we were having a good run on the Re homing side of things :( But I think we will get the all clear by the end of next week. so in the meantime we have built a bigger run for them to give them more space to play and  they are really loving it. next I am going to make a bigger quarantine pen to put any new cats in, its the first time that I have had to turn any cats away and I hate it

Link to CatChat