Author Topic: Thank you to RACR and Cov-Cats!  (Read 2643 times)

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Re: Thank you to RACR and Cov-Cats!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 14:24:30 PM »
Thanks hun.

Yeh Star had her kittens around 8am this morning, very fast! Pauline checked in on her at 7am, then again at 9am and she had them!! No signs of actual labour before hand.. Sadly one died but the other 4 are doing great and feeding well and Star is being a great mum.

Pictures to follow..

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »
Star had her litter this morning (or last night, I'm not too sure) and had four healthy kittens and sadly lost another. Mumcat and kittens are doing well. I'm updating because I know Andrea is off picking up an emergency case of the canine variety.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
Commented on the other thread. But hoping both Milly and Star have small, healthy litters with no complications. You're both wonderful for helping them.  :hug:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »
Ohh bless Milly.. Well done girl.. Nice small litter. I am hoping Star only has a small litter..

Offline Karen-covcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 01:07:29 AM »
Went to say goodnight to milly and she has had her kittens bless her 3 so far i think she has finished obivously quickly and quietly as i checked on her earlier and nothing! Bless her such a good mummy :Luv:

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 23:48:22 PM »
Bless Star shes lovely and looks just like Milly!
Although Milly doesnt like her photo taken shes one of those cats that the moment you get the camera out she moves or shuts her eyes will get a piccie on here soon

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
I try to do that too, Andrea. And I get it returned as well. I posted the wonderful piece Desley did on illnesses related to allowing your female cat to have kittens, and got told they wouldn't post it! Unbelievable.

Glad she's safe. She's such an utter sweetie too. :Luv:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 23:33:21 PM »
 :shy: :shy:

This girl isnt far off. Glad we got her out when we did! At one point we to hold off as the owner said she wasnt in or around  :Crazy:

Poor star, 2 years old and 3rd litter.. 1st litter 4 died, second litter weaned away early due to her being hit by a car and now this litter :( The second she has weaned these babies and is ready she will be spayed, so no more babies for this girly.

Star is a real sweet girl and so friendly.

I do look at free ad sites and offer help and/or advice. Infact tonight I submitted a good few postings myself to one certain site and they have refused me  :censored: Not happy at all and actualy now contacted the local press about this to make people aware of these sites and what happens under a rescue and animal welfares point of veiw.. They wont let me post something thats constructive yet allow all these horrendouse ads..

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 22:46:49 PM »
The lovely little girl Andrea helped - this is her third litter in two years. (And her last, Andrea is getting her spayed as soon as it's possible.)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 13:33:59 PM »
I tend to focus on three sites, for areas surrounding me. Sometimes I know of people willing to offer homes and someone can help with transport, others I send the links or offer to post on here and CC. And sometimes, sadly, I see something I deem urgent and harass rescues. ;)

That way, I'm doing a bit but not overdosing on my resentment for mankind over their horrible treatment of animals....although I do know Milly is actually very loved and the situation isn't what I'd consider the "norm."

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 13:05:31 PM »
Well done to all of you  ;D ;D :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
If it wasnt for you taking the time to look for these ads we wouldnt know about the cats to start with. I know me and angie sometimes look through the ads but it takes so long as there are so many free sites that you can only look through so many in the time you have so i often if i have the time only look at coventry ads. So ads that are near but not cov or a day we havent been able to check its those ads we might miss and i hate to think what may happen to the cats that we do miss!
So thankyou Jackspratt for your hard work too. and for purrs for making all this possible.  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »
Me? I'm not entirely sure I've done that much - you guys are doing all the hard work, hence making sure it didn't go unnoticed. :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:28:18 PM »
not forgetting yourself or the wonderful Purrs!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Thank you to RACR and Cov-Cats!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
Who both took on a pregnant cat each this week. I look through the free ads and offer to post on reputable rehoming sites for people or send them the links if  they prefer.

However, the girl in Derby was urgent due to an eviction and the girl in Nottingham is due any day and the people that have her aren't in a position to care for her. (Their daughter left her with them even though they already have their own cats.)

So, Milly is now with Cov Cats and Star will be with RACR shortly. Thank you guys. :summer flowers:

Link to CatChat