Author Topic: Kittens becoming more problematic - need advice  (Read 3463 times)

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Re: Kittens becoming more problematic - need advice
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 23:42:51 PM »
Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 22:09:32 PM »
Wonderful. Well done  ;D

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 19:30:10 PM »
I have just caught up with this thread and I just wanted to say WOW...well done...you have done an amazing job x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 17:57:40 PM »
Thanks a lot for your comments.

The cats were becoming more noisy - the lady that gave me my Dolce mentioned there was a vet who would receive them  and give them for adoption so after Trixi recovered from spaying, we took her and the 3 males to that vet.

We kept Pixie and Bella for another month so they were 4 months and ready for spaying. When my bf was taking both to the above vet he ran into a friend of his and she fell in love with Pixie and took her. We gave her money for the spaying. Last week I gave Bella already spayed and recovered to a friend of mine. Yesterday she told me Bella is happy and enjoying a small garden my friend has.

Thanks all for your ongoing support !

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
Any news on the kittens? Hope all is well

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 23:26:41 PM »
The motto of the Sanctuary that I help out at says. You can't make a difference to all the animals in the world, but you can make a difference to the world of one animal. OK, you have to multiply a bit, but you are making a difference to their world. You are doing the right thing and stuff thier opinions.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 13:12:01 PM »
You have done an amazing job, to go to the expense and trouble of keeping them until you know they can be neutered and not perpetuate the problem is more than anyone could ask for. I think your BF just likes blowing a lot of smoke but push come to shove he wouldn't see them on the streets ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 19:29:24 PM »
Catching up, what pretty girls you have  :Luv: is bf warming to the little one  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 10:42:31 AM »
What lovely kittens! Well done to you (and OH, who got dragged in to it all... ;)) for caring for them so well. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
 :)

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 10:35:20 AM »
She was always the bravest, playful of the lot ! seems to be coping well and when Pixie the other female cat, cries out, she ALWAYs goes to check her out and invite her to play........... my own cats don't hiss at them anymore and actually start getting used to them...... I think my dolce will start playing with Bella anytime soon.

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
Meet Bella, the one that LOVEs my BF :Luv2:  :

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 23:38:14 PM »
Sorry, can't give advice, but to me it sounds as if you have done exactly the right thing and also BF ain't so bad and is coming around a little? :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 23:20:48 PM »
Hope they can all find forever homes soon enough  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 03:11:36 AM »

BF took Mom, and the three males, to the vet today morning.
I asked God to take care of them.

God was taking care of them when he placed them in your safe hands and he will continue to do so. This must be so hard for you, Take care  :hug:

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:41:06 AM »

Thanks a lot.

BF took Mom, and the three males, to the vet today morning.
I asked God to take care of them.

I just called the vet and told him, if someone is interested on the male kittens, to tell me and I would be willing to pay for the operation. That gives me peace and I hope it motivates said vet to push for any new owner to neuter the kitten. He also asks for 1/3rd of what the original vet asked for so I can afford it.

When I said bye to Trixi I felt sad but it is true she was in a room alone all day and it was not fair to her. She is a great Cat. I felt sad the last time carrying the kittens, Gizmo was very hairy and fluffy and he was afraid of a lot of things,

We are keeping the two females for another month until they can be spayed. I hope they don't feel so bad, at least they can keep each other company now.

I used flower remedies and homeopathy in every cat so they can cope with change.

BF almost keeps one cat he grew attached to, and also misses the kittens.

Today we are visibly more jumpy and affected... but it is also a relief to know I did all I could for them and still doing it...

Well my mom had Toxoplasmosis from strays so I get she got a huge trauma after that, she is also allergic. And BF, well I don't get guys sometimes either, he proceeded to scold me today for spending 90 USD in Mom cat operation instead of 30 that this vet charges. I had already told him I CHOSE to pay the expensive one because it is among the few vet places that got garden and schedules for dogs and cats and work after hours for the animals and adopt animals with issues that others would consider a waste and kill.

But some people can't see beyond their noses. The hipocrisy is that we go to the zoo and he watches animal planet etc, but no, he CANT be bothered with the few animals he actually can help. Oh well. I got angry and told him it is MY MONEY so. He has no say. I felt better after saying that :)

Well yes I am jumpy today. I miss the cats but the last days I had really good moments with Trixi and forgave her for scratching me and ask forgiveness for scaring her.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 17:15:36 PM »
I don't think people are horrible for not liking cats, but do think that the attitude you're having to deal with isn't too good. After all, did your partner, friend and mother not understand that you'd feel a duty of care if you took these kittens and mother on?

Hope you feel a little better now you have a plan.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 15:42:39 PM »
Sorry cannot offer any advice about the kittens- BUT as for the so called friend and boyfriend (and mother come to that ) i would tell them all where to go .
I will not have anyone family or friend in my life who does not like cats or has so little regard for them - what horrible people they appear to be. (my opinion)

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 04:52:07 AM »
Well he is wary about money but mind you its me that is paying everything.
I called a vet and he said he would take all of them on Wednesday morning.
I'm thinking perhaps I could keep the two females and give them to the same vet after they are spayed.

Oh I just asked him if we could do just that and he agreed  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 23:18:00 PM »
I think your bf and others should learn to understand about the kitten problem and back you up,. not put you down.......wish I could offeer some advice  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 20:13:24 PM »
BF needs to understand you made a commitment to help these chaps knowing how difficult rehoming is in your country and that it doesnt end when it becomes a bore  :( men can be so awkward
Are there any ex pat parts of town that might hold a couple of homes?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 20:12:49 PM »
Angie, I think there are a serious shortage of rescues where these kittens are. (They aren't in the UK.) Could you not get a vets to agree to a reduced cost spay and neuter set up for any potential homes?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 20:09:18 PM »
phone around your local rescues - though it is hard to believe some still don't have kittens to home.

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Kittens becoming more problematic - need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 18:24:21 PM »
BF is fed up with the cat/kittens and wants to get rid of them ASAP. My mom agrees.

We already know of 2 vets willing to give them away - one for free, another for 3! dollars that will go to him of course.

A friend says I already did "too much" and spent too much time and money for them and can't save the world etc...

On the other hand I say, ok, at least Mom won't have any more litters, but for one that is spayed I am giving away other 5, not neutered, to God Knows Who so I am helping perpetuate the problem.

At the same time I also know my landlord will kill me if he knows I got so many cats in the apartment. I know the neighbors can complain because of the noise.

I was planning on going to the Vets office and mention the current plans and ask them if they would be willing to keep them for another month... I am up to paying for their neutering operation... at least I would feel better with myself then.

My mom and bf and everyone says I shouldn't care and just to get rid of them in whatever way possible and that "no one" likes cats. According to BF no one here would be willing to give $50 (what the fund originally charges for pets in adoption) for a cat...

Kittens are now 3 months old.

I don't know if I'm acting like an idiot for taking care of a problem that is not mine. I know some people think that of me  >:(

On the other side no one seems to care or move a finger for the little ones, even the "friend" that called me originally saying she wouldn't be able to sleep after seeing all the cats on the streets.

Link to CatChat