Author Topic: At what time can kittens be up for adoption ?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: At what time can kittens be up for adoption ?
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 00:42:15 AM »
I hope that a home comes up for them soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 19:49:32 PM »
 :Luv2: gorgeous kitties

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »
Mom was spayed yesterday. Kittens were hissing at her and she was hissing too, so I put her in another room.
Now I'm getting anxious as kittens grow up so fast, BF is getting nervous*(he likes them and takes care of them but they are getting more noisy) and so far no one has expressed wishes to adopt any. I know it takes time and I'm the one paying everything, but the landlord likes to visit without notice and I'm afraid he will notice our 8 cats without his consent.  :-:

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 17:06:06 PM »
Thanks. I was not able to go yesterday but I'm shooting for today.

Meanwhile the vet advised to start separating the kittens from the mom so she stops producing milk. Today I separated the two largest one. One was at ease and curious, the other one cried and hid :( but it helped him to see the other one playing... meanwhile mom cried too...  :scared:

MY other two cats were watching from afar. BF is watching them all. My two cats were too lazy to start a fight but it certainly helps when Mom cat is not around... they see they are small...At lunch time I am buying whiskas for EVERYONE so they all notice there is plenty of food available... and of course of love  :Luv2:

I'll let you know how it goes... thank you!!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
Sounds like mum is ready to be spayed
Please spay your cat

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 18:41:29 PM »
Thank you I will be taking them to the vet today, probably to have their first vaccines. Everyone is telling me they are too large now, and people prefer them smaller, to what I answer MY foster kittens won't be going to anyone who only loves cats when they are small.

Hope they found good homes I am really worried about that and yes they are getting more noisy and troublesome for neighbors :(  Mom is now restless and cries often because she wants to wander again. Hope we can spay her soon.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 14:25:06 PM »
Personally we don't let kittens leave here any younger than 10wks and depending on where they are going and what arrangements there are for feeding this can be anything up to 14 weeks.

By 10 wks we have them well wormed and have started their vaccs and able to deal with any possible reactions. Its each to their own I suppose but I definitely wouldn't let anything go before 10 wks - IMHO  :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: I forgot to say
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 21:50:32 PM »
No problems, I'll merge the threads  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Re: I forgot to say
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 21:44:11 PM »
OOPS! I meant to post this as a reply of my other thread, not as a thread !!

Oh well. LOL

:Crazy:

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
I forgot to say
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 21:43:22 PM »
That I would give away Mom afterwards of course, not now when they are 2 months.
Also she got a little bit desperate and really REALLY wants to get out and cries, so yesterday we put our own cats on a single room and let her wander in the apartment. She and the kittens are very very healthy. She is almost all white and looks stunning, very clean, I think she is the cleanest in my apartment lol

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 21:40:47 PM »
Thanks a lot for your reply.
A friend will be coming to my house to meet the cats. she is a very sweet lady and friend of mine. Although she is a very sweet lady her economical level is not that good so I am in doubt. Anyway I printed the questionaire so she can fill it and I can show it to the vet I go to as they have an animal protection foundation and I met the owner.

Also I was thinking the small kittens are very lively and pretty so I guess they will find homes soon, but older cats may be more difficult to place.. so I was thinking about telling her if she wouldnt be up to adopt the Mom instead? after all I was planning on spaying her soon, so I can take care of her while she recovers, get the vaccines updated and i will be at peace knowing she is no longer going to have kittens.

She is VERY LOVING so I hope, I hope this lady likes Mom too :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 20:22:46 PM »
9 weeks is often the mark for rescues as they can start their jabs and are eating well by then. Ideally if you can wait a few extra then the kittens benefit from being with mum and siblings that bit longer, pedigrees (from better breeders) are homed at 13 weeks so they are fully vax'd

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
At what time can kittens be up for adoption ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 19:50:10 PM »
Sorry I know this info should be around here somewhere but dont have time to check!!

My foster kittens are around 2 months now, they are still fed by Mom and they also eat Diamond food and whiskas wet food now.

There is a lady that is interested but I feel bad about the kitten still being fed from Mom. Shall I wait until I am 100% sure Mom is no longer feeding them?

I got some other news !! Ill share them later...

But mom and kittens are well, thanks! my own cats keep hissing at them but not as much as before......... well they stare a lot of time then they hiss...... I think their curiosity is kicking in.

Link to CatChat