Author Topic: Get well messages for Teresa - now back in hospital - July 2010  (Read 319074 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: Get well messages for Teresa
« Reply #2161 on: February 19, 2010, 14:30:20 PM »
you went to tesco on a friday lunchtime in half term - you deserve a prize!!

T are they honestly small enough to swallow without choking?

Yeah but it was Tesco in Winkfield near where I work so not as bad as Amersham :-)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2160 on: February 19, 2010, 14:19:30 PM »
you went to tesco on a friday lunchtime in half term - you deserve a prize!!

T are they honestly small enough to swallow without choking?

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2159 on: February 19, 2010, 14:13:36 PM »
OK Long shot,  but did you cough and they came out in the night and now a cat has stolen them as a play thing ??  don't worry about not going mad, I just spent my lunch hour walking round Tesco,  only went there to buy a pack of beer for the guy in the office next door who mended my laptop,  came out having done all my weekly shopping and forgot the  :censored: beer !!!.   

Maybe you have taken to sleep walking,  Steve sleep walks if he has a bad dream,  I find all sorts of odd things around the house like oranges in the washing machine and slippers in the fridge,  he never remembers a thing.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2158 on: February 19, 2010, 13:53:07 PM »
Bedroom and Bathroom searched and still awol
now what was it Pam Ayres said
O I wish I`d looked after me teeth :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2157 on: February 19, 2010, 13:26:22 PM »
hmmm - some men wouldn't find something which shouldn't be there if it got up and bit them ;)

Quite an apt thought in the circumstances  ;)

I'm sure they'll turn up, Teresa.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2156 on: February 19, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
hmmm - some men wouldn't find something which shouldn't be there if it got up and bit them ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2155 on: February 19, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »
Poor teeth are over 20 years ago so very old fashioned. Not able to get to bedroom yet as too breathless for stairs, but I guess if they were there Rob would have found them when he made the bed. Will have a look when I next go up to bathroom . :thanks:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2154 on: February 19, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »
Trigger, I was just about to suggest the same.  You may not have realised Teresa, as it might have seemed like part of the confusion of the dream. 

For some reason I thought the teeth were individual teeth (my sister has two which are screwed into her jaw by means of two small metal post type things, and I assumed they would be the same - apologies Teresa)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2153 on: February 19, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
you might have coughed them out without knowing it, T

have you searched through the bedclothes and around the bed?
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2152 on: February 19, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »
Sue I only remove them for cleaning, at bottom my 6 middle teeth are my own so the missing set are back teeth for each side connected by piece of metal; I feel so stupid, I know I had a really bad night coughing but also know I had a nasty dream which I cant remember, I cant stop racking my brain as to what the dream was, maybe the dream has taken them.

If I have to do a poop watch I`ll know how poor Pedro felt. :-[

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2151 on: February 19, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »

Sorry Teresa - are they on a plate then?  If they are, then I doubt you'll have swallowed them.  Could you've removed them and just forgotten?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2150 on: February 19, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
These are false bottom teeth if I have swallowed them how on earth are they going to come out naturally, I mean think about it human entrances are much bigger than exits.

oh T that did make me laugh (though not you I'm sure!!!)  it will work itself out I'm sure

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2149 on: February 19, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
you mean they are  joined together?

but they can't be bigger than what comes out of our - now what will Tan allow me :sneaky: - uranuses, surely?

and what's been in your mouth can't do any harm in your stomach, chemicalwise

the burning question is,  if your teeth are now in your stomach does that mean you are going to chew everything twice? and does that then make you an official silly old moo? ;) :hug: :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2148 on: February 19, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
These are false bottom teeth if I have swallowed them how on earth are they going to come out naturally, I mean think about it human entrances are much bigger than exits.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2147 on: February 19, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
Sabrina - did you really.........?  :evillaugh: :hug:

Oh yes. My work loved it and if any of them had had a camera I would have ended up in the company magazine for that (sadly I made it in there dressed as a christmas elf instead).

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2146 on: February 19, 2010, 10:29:08 AM »

Teresa, sanity is vastly over-rated anyway.  ;) 

You're THE Crazy Cat lady.  OUR Crazy Cat lady.  We love you - with or without teeth.  :hug: :hug:

Sabrina - did you really.........?  :evillaugh: :hug:

And Ruth -  :rofl: :naughty: 

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2145 on: February 19, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »
Lost a few of my baby teeth without knowning. My dentist also stuck some sorta cement on the tops of my molars to prevent cavities and those have come off without me realising, probably swollowed those as well.

Got to work one morning with my slippers on as I forgot to change into my boots. My coworkers had a good laugh but I had to go and buy shoes as soon as the shops opened so I had to walk through Leeds in them, not to mention the bright red and white striped socks I was wearing with them.

You're just as sane of the rest of us, so at very least you're in good company!

:hug:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:21:33 AM by Sabrina (Auferstehen) »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2144 on: February 19, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »
Easy, T. The fact that you noticed something amiss just means that you are perfectly sane.

I once didn't notice I wasn't wearing any knickers, but kept wondering what was a bit...breezy  :innocent: took me all day to realise.  :-[ Thank heavens it was a long skirt :-[ :-[

As Sue said, nature will take its course. Huge  :hug: :hug: to you.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2143 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:33 AM »
I know its funny really but I`m sitting here breaking my heart, not for my teeth but wandering how anyone sane can loose them and not know

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2142 on: February 19, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
See?  See?   :innocent:  Wummin...!   :hug: :hug:

I suppose it's possible you may have swallowed them without realising - hence awarness of a small obstruction in your throat, and the coughing on waking.   If you have, then I suspect nature will take it's course, and you will need to have some new teeth.  :-:   Although Paddy says "I gots hardurly ennee teefs an I manujes.  Dunt yoo worree Aunty T, asks Daddy Rob ter gives yer soft fuds.  :ok:  :shify:  Paddy xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2141 on: February 19, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »
oh T  :hug: are your gums shrinking a bit maybe - happened to my sis with her diabetes lost all her teeth over six weeks

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2140 on: February 19, 2010, 09:12:30 AM »
 O dear this is embarassing but I think I need some advice; had a difficult night and morning with my chest and coughed very badly, I felt something didnt feel right but got washed dressed cleaned teeth etc and things seemed even stranger, finished nebulisers and Rob brought me coffee and toast for breakfast, after 3rd bite of toast I felt naked and it hit me whats wrong  :sick: I have lost some of my teeth, bottom back teeth are false and gone missing, what I need to know is could I have swallowed them ?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2139 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:09 AM »
as for hanging and sex acts, best leave that sort of thing to Tory politicians ;)

Ewwwww!

:hug: :hug: :hug: Definately swap the evil fruit and nut to dairy milk! Why on earth would you taint chocolate which such things!  ;)

What on earth has my purry boy started now....?  I turn me back for five minutes and - anyway, Teresa, I agree - you need to switch to ordinary choccie.  Leave the nuts on here.  ;)  Lord wummin - I wish that you could have a rotating delegationof Purrs Aunties tocome and sit with you during the day.  You'd not be quite so vulnerable then with us formidable feline foo fighters at hand, and you'd regale us with so many anecdotes we'd laugh til our sides ached.   Come 'ere wummin -   :cuddle: :cuddle:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2138 on: February 18, 2010, 23:01:52 PM »
as for hanging and sex acts, best leave that sort of thing to Tory politicians ;)

Ewwwww!

:hug: :hug: :hug: Definately swap the evil fruit and nut to dairy milk! Why on earth would you taint chocolate which such things!  ;)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2137 on: February 18, 2010, 21:19:45 PM »
oh T, what are we going to do with you?

I've always been afraid of choking when alone - it is frightening - so I do understand - best to avoid anything which could lodge in the throat - though a jelly baby would have dissolved quite  quickly

plain dairy milk for you for now

Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2136 on: February 18, 2010, 21:07:42 PM »
Well no more chocolate for me, I almost killed myself with a piece of fruit and nut today, got into breathing difficulties which is a regular thing for me trouble was had choc in mouth which shot out but tiny bit of nut lodged in throat and I choked, I was terrified,made me realise how vulnerable I am, thankfully I always have water handy and summoned all my strength to thump myself, serves me right for eating sweets during Lent.

Sue am sure Doctor Ruth is one of them sex therapist or did I dream it, best I avoid sex doctors after all I wouldnt like to hang myself in my oxygen tubing during the act in fact best I give that sort of exercise up for Lent, oops just remembered did that years ago and didnt realise Lent was over :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2135 on: February 18, 2010, 19:18:12 PM »
I finks dat she watches too much "Dr Roof."  :innocent:   :shify:

:-: I knows I's good, Paddy, but now I's Dr?  :shocked: :rofl: :naughty: :evillaugh:

Just kidding. I think Paddy and his mum have the right thoughts here T. xxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2134 on: February 18, 2010, 18:23:46 PM »
 :shify: I'se doin der nom nom nom, Aunty T.  Jus fer yoo, mind.  Meowmy sez she finks dat yer dweam shimbolizes d'need ter pick up after uvvers, ant'er makes d'wurld d'nicerer playce, ander fact wot yoo pinched yer own car meens dat yer need to helps der uvvers drives yer on an keeps yer goin.   I finks dat she watches too much "Dr Roof."  :innocent:   :shify:

Paddy xxx

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2133 on: February 18, 2010, 15:49:30 PM »
 :hug: :hug: for you Teresa

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2132 on: February 18, 2010, 14:48:17 PM »
Or if you fancied some decorating ................ :rofl: :rofl:

Sending lots of good wishes  :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2131 on: February 18, 2010, 14:00:07 PM »
T how about coming to my allotment to help me in your next dream :wow:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2130 on: February 18, 2010, 11:10:36 AM »
I think only your consultant should advise re swine flu jab, T
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2129 on: February 18, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »
Paddyyyyyyy my pal I misread the shlitely crushty noes and it gave me a right turn, read it as poop word and I think I posted about the poop covered lady in hospital that tried to drag me from my bed to go to school :rofl: I hope you are well and doing the nom nom nom my friend  :hug:
I`m ok I just need to do something useful, must be getting desperate because last night I dreamt I stole my own car and drove to a dirty street and began picking up litter :rofl: in a way it was good because in my dream I was able bodied and didnt need the oxygen , sad thing was as quick as I cleaned up more litter appeared  :rofl:
Rob and I have both received letter to go for swine flu jab today, now I`m wondering if docs are trying to finish me off  :rofl: not sure about this at all.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2128 on: February 18, 2010, 06:56:22 AM »
 :shify:   Hey, where's me Aunty T.  Ah - I spies 'er.  I jus' cum on ter gives yer a swiftish poke wiv a shlitely crushty noes  :catplay2:  like dat.  :evillaugh:  anna hug.  Like dis  :hug:   :shify:

Paddy xxx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2127 on: February 17, 2010, 21:56:50 PM »
Teresa, there's nothing wrong with determination and you have it in droves, but for helping other things. It's time to help yourself for a bit now. ;) You're an amazing lady and don't you forget it. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2126 on: February 17, 2010, 20:30:08 PM »
I guess I am this badly disabled because I need to learn humility.

>:( Teresa, you can insert your own version of my answer in here.  .............................................................................................

I expect you'll get it about right.

xChristine
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2125 on: February 17, 2010, 20:02:25 PM »
Teresa, no - you don't need to learn humility.  If there's a lesson to be learned, then it's that you need to learn to take care of yourself, first and foremost.  Not something you've normally given much credence to.....   :hug:

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2124 on: February 17, 2010, 19:45:43 PM »
Thinking of you teresa :hug: :hug: xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2123 on: February 17, 2010, 19:28:16 PM »
Its you caring for other's before yourself T, it would be so hard for someone who has always been so active to just stop.... I wish I could start!  :-[

Sending positive vibes to fill you with a glow..... Thinking of you.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2122 on: February 17, 2010, 18:59:06 PM »
Makes two of us then  ;)  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat