Author Topic: CAN PURRS HELP.. 10y black, DHS, Kent Way, Maybe hyperthyroid, 1 wk before PTS  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
So pleased he has settled in  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Aww, what a lovely update, I hope he continues to improve. I have a foster who is at least 10, and it took him a month to realise what playing was about, but now he loves it, so fingers crossed Gus is the same.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mary (marel)

• Kitten
Sorry I haven't updated here - work has been frantic & I've now got a streaming cold & just want to go back to bed.... :(
Enough moaning.
Gus is still stick-thin but has acquired a little belly :Luv: He no longer lifts his head from an emptied plate and demands more immediately but goes back to his hideyhole by the radiator....and comes out half an hour later for more!
His fur has gone silky!! :cheer:
He is an absolute sweetie, will let you do anything to him, took all the vet's exam on Friday without a murmur, let alone trying to scrabble off the table. He is not too keen on being picked up (but, again, will put up with it) but loves laps and strokes. All in all the most well mannered cat I have ever come across ;D
Obviously being an elderly gent he sleeps a lot but comes out for company in the evening. Doesn't seem interested in going outside (good) or in playing - I'll start working on the latter when he's settled in a bit more, but he may just not be interested, which is okay.
Can't post pics yet as I don't have a digi camera, but my son has taken some with his phone so we'll try getting them onto the computer later today.
BIG thanks to Sharon, Margaret & Pauline - from me and from Gus

Happy Christmas everyone!!

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
Re: CAN PURRS HELP.. 10y black, DHS, Kent Way, Maybe hyperthyroid, 1 wk before
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2007, 23:39:16 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: That's great news :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so glad Gus is safe & sound.
Well done all!

Look forward to the pics Mary.

Jas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I think as long as you put the details in the headewr ahd its in the right sewction on Purrs it will be found and really urgent caese Tan will put in the news box together with picture  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I think we should maybe put in the header if it is an urgent home needed, so people dont have to scan posts. The internet is a wonderful way of homing though, I think the bulk of our calls come through finding us on the net now, which is fantastic. I hope Gus has lots of years left in him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: CAN PURRS HELP.. YES YOU HAVE & SO FAR HAPPY ENDING (UPDATES)!
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2007, 20:35:19 PM »
From a plea on purrs Fergus (now Gus i think) has a home.. He is an old puss and is abit set in his ways, but did he deserve to be PTS, because no one cared.. ? OF COURSE NOT...

One thing this site is good at is finding homes to some really difficult cases and sometimes in rather a hurry. Without Mary i wouldnt of been able to do much for Fergus he would just of had to stay put until ... well...........whenever.......

The internet is a valuable source for rehoming (as CatChat proves) and i hope that the more people that visit Purrs get to realise that...One thing.. its really (or so i think) important to stress if a home is required urgently or not in the first post.. I dont get much time to go through pages of posts but if there is something urgent posters need to make sure it gets read..

Long my Gus live a life in happy retirement where those old bones dont get to cold...... We need pictures Mary.......

Obv the journey didnt faze him at all....

THANKS FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED>>>> i wish all were such a lovely ending.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mary (marel)

• Kitten
Well he's here!!!!!!!!!
QUITE a character even though there's hardly anything of him  :(. He's exploring and 'squawking' and sometimes purring. He's had a little to eat (BIG purrs!) and is busy putting his mark on all available corners, then comes up and sits and looks at me - I think he's working himself up to jumping on my lap but is not quite sure....... Oh and he's got a faceful of cobwebs from his exploring - I leave spiders alone as far as possible (well that's my excuse anyway).

More tomorrow.....

• Super Cat
Just wanted you all to know that its all  go for Fergus.. We are picking hm up from the vets today to go into one of our nice pens for the week and then he is moving to Marys on Sunday...

He is an adorable puss, no health problems, just skinny, hungry and abit old! But hey we want hold that against him..

Fingers crossed.. I hope that Mary gives us an update on this fella when he gets to Cambs... Alot of rescue people have been involved in this and i am sure they would all like to know about him in the future..

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:22:02 AM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Glad there is a happy ending for this one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mary (marel)

• Kitten

:snowball1:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
 :wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
definately a christmas tale, wonderful  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
wow! where there's a will there's a way!! ;D

• Super Cat
UPDATE ON PUSS
Now at our vets for a few days and being picked up to be fostered this coming week. Then as if it was meant to be we have a visitor who is visiting our Co ordinator who lives no more then 12 miles from Marys place in Cambs.. How is that for fate!!

They are hoping to do the journey next Sunday!!

Just shows you have "muddled" this vet was they forgot to tell me FERN was a he and thus we now call him Fergus.. He is a sleek black puss and on his pen it says "please feed and love me" thats is all ineed...

Isnt that a Christmas Tale!!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:31:56 AM by canterbury_cats »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :welcome: to purrs  ;D

The site is a bit sticky at the moment, so only one post  :rofl:

Offline Mary (marel)

• Kitten
.....or Gus?!

Just by way of introduction - ok I know there's a thread for that, but I reckon the folks reading this one will be most interested out of concern for Fergus...

I don't have any animals at the moment but I have had cats and dogs. I've been moving around a bit in recent years but have now settled here in Cambridgeshire and was just thinking it was time I found some new furry friends - not dogs unfortunately as I work long hours some days - when I read about 'Fern'. Reading that s/he was in danger of being pts just because there was no room - I couldn't not offer, even though I am so far away.

I've got a house with a fairly large garden & live in a very quiet road. I've got more than enough room - and TLC - going here, so want to do fostering to help as many furries as possible, but very much want one (or two maybe, in due course  ;)) of my own. They will all of course be spoilt rotten...... :Luv:

(I have just tried to post this but it didn't seem to work so if this turns out to be a repeat posting, apologies.)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2007, 16:26:19 PM »
FERGUS & Mary  ;)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 16:18:51 PM »
 ;D
Fingers & paws crossed for Fern & Mary!

• Super Cat
It is being sorted...

Puss is being moved to our vets tomorrow (i got the vets to do this) Will know more by weekend.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 14:12:42 PM »
Is a home visit being done for Fern?

I was wondering the same thing Ela, but didn't like to say... :scared:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »
I had an email last night that PB is picking her up from Folkestone tomorrow and taking her to our vet in Herne Bay for a check up to make sure she is fit to travel. I'm sure Sharon Will update when she gets a chance.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
I'm confused, I know whats new.  ;D Is a home visit being done for Fern?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Super Cat
Much appreciated Gill but i hope i can sort something out.... Being Christmas of course everybody is busy with things, so i hope that the person who has visitors down on the 16 is willing to do this, as that is the perfect plan...!

But we all know about plans dont we..!
After a long day that it i think for the night!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok I will watch this space but am afraid thats only day and time I available being down from SW Wales.

• Super Cat
I am had several offers of help but nothing confimed yet, Even someone who may be travelling to cambs but not until the 16th.. At the moment so as not to confuse it even more then i am. I will work on my leads and get back to all... and if that dosnt work then we will have to start again...

Sorry if I made this more confusing then i need to... last time i did this it was very easy!"!!!! and Paddy found a home!

I WILL BE BACK (SAID ARNIE!)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Think i am right in saying that cat needs to go from Canterbury to south mimms Gill

Sorry i cant help this time Sharon, I really dont have a spare day

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
as far as I can tell, she is presently on folkestone, kent, and someone in Cambridgeshire wants to offer her a home ... if that helps at all and is nor confusing the issue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok I confused where the cat is and where it is trying to get to. I can see SouthMimms on M25 at J23.

Now I am asking cos will be near there on Monday, have an appointment at 1415 and then going towards J26 but can easliy come the other way round M25 but not till 1500ish.

I dont know if that will help at all.

• Super Cat
I think that helps... so its just about half way.. ! (someone will tell me if i am wrong here)..
So we need you help Purrs people...

I would in normal instances do this myself but i have a eye problem and driving long distances isnt wise...

We will get there I HOPE!
Should i post this on the transport section?

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
author=canterbury_cats link=topic=10171.msg168152#msg168152 date=1196882048]
Mary can come to South Mimms area (where ever that is) Puss is in Kent..
Ta people!

South Mimms is a Service station on the M25 at Potter Bar.

• Super Cat
Hello all
UPDATE
Mary sounds a lovely person... so we kind of have a plan...
I am trying to get FERN to one of our vets to be checked out and given first vac (first hurdle)..
We then "MAY" have a pen free, although our Christmas plan has just gone abit wierd due to another call about an emergency but hey!

Mary can come to South Mimms area (where ever that is) Puss is in Kent.. Does anyone live somewhere between who may be able to do part of the journey...? Its asking alot i know.. ! and before we attempt this i want to make sure the vets say she can travel.. but to put things in motion.

We are CT6 area of Kent.. Canterbury.. From here to Marys its around 2 and half hours... I am going to see what can be done this end.. but it going to take some time..

Ta people!

Offline Mary (marel)

• Kitten
Hi everyone I'm Mary, now able to post. Guess who couldn't get to sleep & then overslept - lucky it's my day off today  :)
Food, warmth, a bed & loads of TLC..... NOT a problem, assuming a double bed is acceptable!
Look forward to hearing from you, Sharon.

• Super Cat
Hi all
I am out today so will not be around. But quickly... I am told by the vets that this puss just needs food, warmth and a bed and loads of TLC.. I am still not sure about our pen availablitiy and want know for at least another few days.. But if she was okay to travel.. what is the likelyhood that we could do a rely to get Fern to Cambridge..?

I will contact Mary who posted, but i suppose its a vet decision... Cambridge is prob around a 3 hour drive (but what do i know)...

Anyhows... i will keep everybody in the loop but it would be good for Fern to spend Christmas in a home rather then a pen, because that is all we have to offer her at the moment....!

She hasnt yet been vac so the cattery option isnt an opinion at the moment, and being a really busy time of year they are all full up! But we are looking at the options.. But fingers crossed.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
I am sure Sharon will be replying to this in due but I gather she's working tomorrow so has probably turned in. However, to clarify... This case is Folkestone CPs turf, and that basically means just one person who is trying to do more or less everything, as opposed to us that has at least a few more extra bodies. We help Folkestone out when we can because the situation is usually grave down there. There are precious little other rescues operating and parts of it are really run down.

The latest I heard is that wee Fern is still at this Folkstone vet but we are working on a plan to get her up here.  ;)

Fantastic news about the offer of a home. Please send this lady a big hug from me.  :hug: But I expect we'll have to assess Fern to see if she can cope with a journey like that.  :)

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Excellent news - hope we can sort some home inspections and transport soon. I do go to meetings i Cambridge, but not this side of Christmas I am afraid...

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Fantastic news  :na na naa na:  Just had an email through  :yesss: :yesss:

I'm waiting for my registration to be approved for the forum so can't post.....
I can offer Fern a foster home at least - and possibly permanent - but I live in Cambridgeshire & work, so wouldn't be able to get to Kent easily. If you think that's any use, please could you pass the message on.

Regards
Mary
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 23:33:40 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
So that's why the local one didn't know  :-:  Maybe they'll be able to get her in the fact they've mentioned about contacting them.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I am also onto HQ CP to see if they have room...

I think this answers your question Dawn

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Had this email through earlier  :-:

Hi Dawn

Could you forward me any more info on this cat and who posted the info about this poor little cat.
I straight away contacted the local CP and they would like to talk to the people involved as they did not contact them.
Best Wishes , Jane

I thought the CP had been contacted about this cat?

Link to CatChat