Author Topic: Is anyone out there - really need some help!  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Is anyone out there - really need some help!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 18:25:22 PM »
Well it is horrible and its raining again........wait did I hear you say didnt it stop..............not long no  :grr:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 14:19:59 PM »
Just seen the weather map (not that they are always to be believed), your side of the country looks horrible. where as ours looks OK, dare I say I see a blue sky
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 13:06:05 PM »
Blue sky, quite warm....................where are you, I wanna be there! Its raining again here  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 13:01:32 PM »
I dare say if she did make an issue out of it, we would probably suggest going half with her, but she hasnt said anything to the contray so that's good!

re the username it is catneedtosell, and to be honest I cannot even remember myself how we came to getting that username!

Anyway, little Jasper is fine now. Husband went home at lunchtime to find him snuggled up in the beanbag, but he is probably going to be let out this afternoon as it's such a lovely day today (blue skies and quite warm!)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 11:59:49 AM »
I do not agree with you having a moral duty! They had a morall duty to make sure  that someone elses cat wasnt locked in their property and to allow one to ummmmmm sneak in when they are leaving is totally irresponsible.

So please ypou have your cat back  ;D

Ummmmmmmmmmm I am confused by your username LOL, am I reading it right cos I know I can read these things totally wrong  :rofl:

Is it, Cat needs to sell ?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:00:04 AM »
Glad you got her back!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Catwhisperer

• Adult Cat
  • LUVERLY LUNA !
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 09:10:20 AM »
Glad you got your cat back ! My cat regularly sneeks in next door and sits in their front window laughing at us :Hello: Sometimes if its at night and the curtains are drawn the lady only knows she is there when the curtains start twitching ! She follows their cat in and eats his dinner just to annoy him ! We've stopped worrying now as the lady likes her and she just comes and goes as she pleases between the two houses ! :tired:

LOVE IS  -  FURRY FACE RUBS !

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 09:06:09 AM »
Has anyone out there been in this situation - as we'd like to know if a locksmith is called out to 'break in' do we foot the bill for this?

I would think so unless your insurance covered it.

Also, if the poor little guy's done a no.1 or no.2 on their carpet - do we HAVE to pay for cleaning?

You may not have a legal duty but you would have a moral duty.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:40:11 AM »
I've got my cat back !!!  ;D

Saw the laday pull up in her car, and explained the situation, she said he must have snuk in when they left last night (which doesnt surprise me!).

She opened the door and he calmly walked out, though I quickly picked him up ... i just hope he didnt leave any 'presents' for her!!!!!

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:23:46 AM »
Dont think she's gone on holiday - unless they like to leave ther house with a sink full of stuff to be washed and items laying about on the worktops to be washed as well.

Really just hoping she turns her phone on soon, or that hopefully if the child is taken to school today, if the teacher we spoke to sees her she might say something, never know the father (who doesnt live there) just might have a key.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:12:19 AM »
Sounds like they are on holiday?

I always leave a key with a neighbour just in case. Good luck. I don't know what else you can do but the cat will need some food - still worth calling the police. As you say their isn't a catflap so they shouldn't have your "property" in their house.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:08:43 AM »
Hi,

No, no cat flap, so the front door must have been left open for him to wander into.

Since posting the first post, we've been to the school where her child is registered (as it's literally up the road), and someone has very kindly left a message on her mobile (which was switched off  :'() saying our cat is trapped in their house, and if need be the police will break in, however we'd like to try avoid that!

I agree with you that it should be seen as their responsibility that he's in their house, as the front door must have been left open long enough for him to wander in.

We've been to the door and he's clearly learnt how to open a door as the living room door was closed last night, however this morning it was open, so hopefully he would at least had somewhere comfortable to sleep!

Its just a waiting game now ... and I hate waiting!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:48:31 AM »
Did he get in through a catflap?. This happened to someone else a while ago and they managed to entice the cat out the catflap with some food. I wouldn't wait for the RSPCA to call - I would phone the police myself and ask for advice. Have you tried their neighbours to see if someone has a spare key?. Not sure where you stand legally though. If they haven't got a catflap, then obviously someone has let him in which they couldn't blame you for.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Is anyone out there - really need some help!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:22 AM »
One of our cats has been locked up in a house on our road from definetly 10.30pm, but could be as early as 7pm. We had got home from football to find that he was no-where to be seen, and only saw him sitting on the kitchen windowsill of this other house - and of course no-one was in.

We left it till 11.30pm, and then called the RSPCA adviceline, who said leave it till the morning, and if they've not come home to call them back and they would put the details through to the officer for our area, and possibly involve the police if the house has to be broken into.

Has anyone out there been in this situation - as we'd like to know if a locksmith is called out to 'break in' do we foot the bill for this? Also, if the poor little guy's done a no.1 or no.2 on their carpet - do we HAVE to pay for cleaning?

We find it very hard to believe that he would just walk into the front door of a house and we have seen them and the other neighbours entice him into the house - as we've seen him strolling out of it later.

I would really appreciate some advice, as I'm waiting for them to call me, which I know could be ages away.

Link to CatChat