Author Topic: Pregnant homeless cat  (Read 4554 times)

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
Re: Pregnant homeless cat
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 19:32:14 PM »
AWW she's an absolute babe  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Barney - I notice you have the cat proofing as advertised on CC the rollers. how is this? - I seen it the other day  while browsing  CC and am thinking about installing it (depending on cost) along with my Secureacat.

Hi Gail, for me this fence is brilliant no escapes over it as of yet. I went for the deluxe version with the 2 roller system costing £2400 :Crazy: and that included Andrew the owner installing it over a 3 day period 12hr + days. Once painted it blends in with the existing garden fencing. It is cheaper to install it yourself obviously, but if I did it I only do half and then I'd get bored and the other half would get done in about 5 years time ;D
The downside of it was, some of the trellis fencing was a bit to big for one of my cats who could just walk through it, but I have put some plastic coated chicken wire to resolve this. The other problem may be according to Andrew is that one of the poles may warp and go out of shape but he will replace this for free, but this has not happened to me. The main positive thing for me about it was that none of the existing trees had to be chopped down as these were in filled with trellis and fenced around like the one in the pic, I have taken 2 poles down so if she wants to come down she can, but my cats can still climb the trees if they so wish. This also pushed the price up costing £250 per tree and I had 2 trees that required boxing. If you have a straight square garden it won't be any where near as costly. Definitely reccomend it and wished I had known about it 6 months earlier, I would have spent any amount of money on it to have had my TJ back, unfortunately I learnt the hard way and from being complacent. It will never happen again though...

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
AWW she's an absolute babe  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Barney - I notice you have the cat proofing as advertised on CC the rollers. how is this? - I seen it the other day  while browsing  CC and am thinking about installing it (depending on cost) along with my Secureacat.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:09 AM »
what a torti babe!  glad she is safe

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 19:41:55 PM »
Awww she's gorgeous  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I'm really pleased they've both got a chance at a new home and fresh start  :hug:  :hug:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 19:33:38 PM »
Here she is, so can't be very comfortable but stays here day and night and dosen't move

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »
Well done.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 00:42:42 AM »
That's fantastic news, so pleased they are sorted  :hug:  :hug:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 23:21:18 PM »
Thanks Dawn, I have spoke to Rosie today a couple of times and she has arranged for a colleague to collect them within the next 24hrs.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 00:22:30 AM »
Barney, I've pm'd you.  A friend of mine Josie has contacts in Essex so I've passed her number on for you to give her a ring  :hug:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 00:57:21 AM »
OK well i have pm dawn, thanks for your help guys, hopefully something can be sorted over the coming week. I just know they cannot stay here and there is absolutely no way I will allow my own cats to get stressed out or upset about new comers staying here. Looking after 5 cats is more than enough for me :tired:

Offline claws n purrs

• Adult Cat
  • Ronnie, Freya, Olly and Mickey!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 21:07:45 PM »
Barney,
I hope these poor cats can be sorted out and you don't have to deal with this irresponsible  :censored: in the future.

Who the hell does she think she is getting other people to sort out what should be her responsibility! People like this make my blood boil.  >:(

The offers of help from other forum members reinforces my belief that not all humanity is without a conscience!  :Luv:
Life is life -  there is no difference between a cat or a man.  The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.  ~Sri Aurobindo

"I purr, therefore I am."

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 19:15:01 PM »
I wonder if i could get Foalfarm to take them in ?

Would you be able to get them to Biggin Hill ? (Through the tunnel and about another half hour )

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 18:28:38 PM »
Not much help with the pregnant kitty, but I have a spare cat carrier if you want  :wow: I work in London, near Victoria Station, so if you can get in there, by prior arrangement, I can take it to work with me.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 18:25:17 PM »
Did you leave a message on Hornchurch CP machine as we are all volunteers and check the lines when we can - usually every couple of hours or so at the most.

Whereabouts in Dagenham are you? I grew up near the Robin Hood and Barking or Ilford are nearer to where I lived.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 18:33:33 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 17:58:38 PM »
Theres a couple of independant rescues based in dagenham:
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 17:43:31 PM »
If you send me the details, I'll put a plea out for you to see if anyone can take her and the other one if needed  :hug:

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 17:38:33 PM »
Hi I am in Dagenham tried the Hornchurch CP but all their lines are just answer machines, just getting peeved of having to deal with this womans mess all the time..

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 17:09:22 PM »
What area are you in?

Try all the rescues on cat chat and see if you can get any help :luck:
www.catchat.org

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »
If you phone your local CP branch, they will make it high priority. Regardless of if we are full, we always jump hoops for pregnant and injured cats and I'm sure the sme goes for other branches. No doubt the RSPCA would only give there idiotic advice about ignoring it if you phoned them anyway - unless there was a propaganda story in the paper to be had  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
Pregnant homeless cat
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:04:51 AM »
Right last Wednesday I'm watering my immediate next door neighbours garden and I hear a women shouting out hello hello over my own garden fence. To my horror it's the woman from hell who I had previous confrontations with over the last 18months because I got what was her cat but now is mine who had a broken leg (Mollie) so back I went into my house and into the garden, "could I look after her 2 kittens while she goes and collects a box" as she has been evicted. Thinking about it I thought well I don't really want them in my house because it will upset my 5 cats who have taken the best part of 8 months to finally settle down. So I offered to lend her my cat carrier, she promised that she would return it up to now she hasn't been seen so I am putting it down this down to a loss.
However she has left behind her 2 other cats who although can't get into my garden do sit on the fencing and I am currently feeding both of them, the problem I've got is one of them is constantly meowing non stop even as a cat lover it is now peeving me off, as for the other neighbours who are not into cats eventually they will probably take matters into their own hands if something is not done asap. Now this morning I have fed the one that meows constantly and she has had 3 x 100g portions of meat as well as last nights feed, as she is friendly I gave her some strokes and hugs and to my horror she is pregnant any advice I cant keep her I don't really want to go through all this again, I dread calling the RSPCA who may or may not turn up, it's not a great time for me to be taking time out of work to deal with this. But I do want these cats taken care of once and for all...

Link to CatChat