Author Topic: Wood Green Carol Concert  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Wood Green Carol Concert
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 22:32:22 PM »
The true meaning of Christmas so often forgotten during these sad times. Wish I lived nearer it sounds wonderful, think Witty normally goes and takes one of her cats. Encouraging news that they have no donkeys in care this year.

Bless no, Teresa, it is the annual pet service in Ely Cathedral that I take Toby to. He doesn't mind the organ, but get him anywhere near a brass band and he legs it, the poor boy...  :-:

I was planning to go to the carol service, but ended up having to put my work hat on to get a large rush order of prints out instead.  :'(

I always feel for animals waiting for a home at this time of year...

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 20:21:28 PM »
mince pies etc on offer. Loads of people bring their dogs with them...all rehomed from Wood Green.  The Salvation Army or some local Brass band always provide the music and prayers

Don't like Mince pies but love brass band music, I was in the Salvation Army for many years in fact I still have my tambourine somewhere. It would probably drive the cats mad so I will leave it where it is.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 18:11:55 PM »
The true meaning of Christmas so often forgotten during these sad times. Wish I lived nearer it sounds wonderful, think Witty normally goes and takes one of her cats. Encouraging news that they have no donkeys in care this year.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Wood Green Carol Concert
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 17:37:16 PM »
(I posted this on the fundraising section for Teresa but thought I might copy it here too...just in case anyone else from around my way attended as well).

Last night was the annual Wood Green Carol Concert at Godmanchester and it is always lovely.  They charge people an entrance fee but there are lots of festive stalls around the arena and coffee, chocolate, tea or mulled wine and mince pies etc on offer. Loads of people bring their dogs with them...all rehomed from Wood Green. :Luv: The Salvation Army or some local Brass band always provide the music and prayers. (for the animals) Christmas trees abound and tinsel and fairy lights and.....well, I could go on.........

The wonderful part is when the children (from local schools) enact the Nativity Scene and the pen is filled with some of the animals from Wood Green.  Usually there are donkeys and sheep in the pen but last night we had Llamas...who were so quiet and dignified and gorgeous.  Apparently, they didn't have any donkeys at the Sanctuary this year...which is the first time ever. But the Llamas were so lovely...even if they weren't strictly authentic...but their big bruvs are (camels) ha ha.

During one of the carols, there is a whip round for the Shelter and I'm sure everyone gives generously.  The Chairman of Wood Green always welcomes everyone and makes a speech.......and it is just the best way to kick start Christmas.

If I ever realise my dream and have the funds to start a sanctuary, I shall have a Carol Concert with children and animals as part of the show.  I think it forms great memories for children and hopefully results in a lasting bond with animals.  :)

Lots of love

Roz

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Link to CatChat