Author Topic: Good news  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Good news
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 16:17:25 PM »
It is vital to be strict with the portions, there is no point giving her obesity food and then giving her too much of it. It is hard, but vital to do.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 19:33:00 PM »
Have you tried on the pricey brands like applaws? It would deffo go in her favour if you could persuade her to eat it! Tell her its mega expensive  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 18:16:27 PM »
You need to get some blinders so that you can't see the pleading look in her eyes.

Oh and toughen up because she'll know when you're ready to cave. Took a bit but Lexy stopped craving food about 2 weeks after she went on wet. And back to pacing herself.

my vet always says. Measure out for what her ideal weight should be rather than the weight she is.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 18:01:15 PM »
Hi Ruth,

Thanks thats great, i hope Lilly looses the same amount of weight so quickly

Mark,
Vet gave me a sample bag of the RC yesterday and she seemed to love it so i am going to order a larger bag on Monday - but i bet it will be sods law that as soon as i have paid out for it Lilly will stop eating it  :rofl:
Are you measuring how much you give Kylie ? I dont know how strick i will be able to be if Lily wants more than she should have !

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 16:36:54 PM »
Hi Michelle,

Great news. Just to say, if you have trouble getting her to eat the RC, try Hill's r/d as Kylie changed over to it no problem after rejecting RC. As for weight loss, after 3 weeks, there is no noticable differnce but I think weight loss with cats has to be slow but sure ( 25 - 50 grams a week maybe? ) probably equiv to us losing 2 or 3 pounds a week.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 07:31:52 AM »
Hi Ruth,

Lilly will only eat dry food, she wont touch wet.
How long did it take for you to notice a difference in weight with Lexy ?

I noticed almost immediately. She lost 20g in the first week and its been very very slow which is good, but she's lost about 100g total now. 

I am not being totally regimented I admit, the dry food she used to be on was Perfect Fit Indoor so I reduced that right down, and she now has 20g of Pero a day and two pouches of food. She almost always leaves food overnight, I usually find left over dry, but after I get home during the day only about half her wet food pouch is gone.

So like Lilly, she doesn't eat a lot at all, it was what she was eating that was putting on the weight.

I have no idea the quantities that Lilly should have if she won't touch wet though. I know the wet is the only reason Lexy lost the weight otherwise my little porker madam would be seriously overweight.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 21:04:53 PM »
Defo took that piccie on her best side.......she's beautiful  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 20:49:54 PM »
No she doesnt look fat to me, Sasa looks larger but suspect she doesnt weigh even 6kg...........are you sure his scales were right  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 20:46:39 PM »
Hi Ruth,

Lilly will only eat dry food, she wont touch wet.
How long did it take for you to notice a difference in weight with Lexy ?

Delsey, I know that her weight will lead to health problems so i am going to try soooo hard to get it down.
I laughted and said to my vet that i was going to say what he prob hears from every owner of an over weight animals "But she doesnt eat alot" - but its true she doesnt honestly.

MM, If i cant get her to loose the weight then i will take her back and ask for her to be tested for hypothyroid

Angie, there deff more to cuddle - see pic below (although it actually doesnt show just how fat she is)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 19:25:16 PM »
I am so pleased she is healthy Michelle. Really am, nothing like the worry you have each time you have to take them in for tests!

Just thought I would add, I had to do the same with Lexy (not sure if you read the thread, can't bring myself to read it, I called my baby a porker  :-[  :evillaugh: )

I've had to take her off the RC Obesity (oh the shame!) as she got cystitis immediately after, but vet doens't think it was that. Watch for that with Lilly though and keep loads of water nearby so she can drink loads.

Lexy has lost weight though, and its because she's on a mainly wet diet now and she's eating dry biscuits, no more than 20g a day for now.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 18:35:35 PM »
 :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

WOW 7.1 kg  all the more to cuddle

Glad everything is ok  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 18:31:09 PM »
Glad she has no health issues, but if you dont get her weight under control, she could have. As MM says, hypothyroid is rare, but can happen.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 18:28:07 PM »
Good to hear her sugars are ok  ;D

He said that cats dont get the Thyroid problem when it makes you fat - so thats good too !!!

They can be hypothyroid, its rare in cats but not impossible.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Good news
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 17:56:26 PM »
Just got back from the vets with Lilly.

He tested for sugar levels and they were 3.3 which was good so she doesnt have diabetes.
He said that cats dont get the Thyroid problem when it makes you fat - so thats good too !!!

SO
She is just FAT  :rofl:

He has given me some RC Obesity dry food and we will see how that goes

Oh she weighed 7.1KG  :wow:

Link to CatChat