Author Topic: Immediate fur loss through stress  (Read 1787 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Immediate fur loss through stress
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 18:31:11 PM »
Mine shed a cushion full at the vet, who's allergic to cat hair! Plus their paws sweat when they are frightened.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
yep Ela it is LOL..esp when you have a supposed "low shedding" cat  and the vet just gives a look as if to say "so i see" ROFL.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:03:12 AM »
yes the stress of travelling to the vets does make more hair fall out, also ontop of that there is more handling than normal to get them into the box and out to be examined so that all contributes.

It is so embarrassing though when you take the cat out of the carrier and hair is everywhere, I always soy I do comb them, honest.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »
yes the stress of travelling to the vets does make more hair fall out, also ontop of that there is more handling than normal to get them into the box and out to be examined so that all contributes.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 23:13:06 PM »
wow i didnt know it happened like that.

When I took mine to the vet he started sneezing and they were sheddding fur. I said maybe its cos they all longhaired and he said that his cats were long haired but no problem.................we had to get out of his office quick cos he wasa getting worse by the second  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 22:04:13 PM »
That sort of thing normally happens when it's time for a nail trimming. If I do it in the wrong order I look like the cats have slept on me for weeks.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Immediate fur loss through stress
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 21:35:30 PM »
I didn't realise that cats can lose fur so quickly through stress.   We took Ellie, Daisy and Cleo (all aged 15 months) for their booster injections on Wednesday and they were losing so much fur in the vets (only a three minute drive) which he said was due to the stress.   We had an unusually difficult time getting two of them into the carriers and I think they knew I was worrying too but have never known cats to lose so much fur so quickly.   All fine as soon as we got home and just about forgiven me now !
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat