Author Topic: Prednicare?  (Read 5379 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Prednicare?
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 08:36:35 AM »
well yes regular house dust can also affect suseptible ones just like it can us  :tired:

Dunno how you'd get around suggesting she hoover abit more often  :shify:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 08:22:11 AM »
Nope they don't smoke but how can I say this?  erm she doesn't like housekeeping much,I have been there numerous times and theres dust on the tables etc but then theres only the two of them and Freddie so not much cleaning I suppose lol

I can't talk though,I hate cleaning myself and my house is so untidy too and I have no excuse of kids :-: :-[
Love me,love my animals.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 08:11:48 AM »
Ovarid can and is used for skin complaints Desley although i'm sure its quite out of fashion in general nowadays.  I think the steriods a much better option aswell, esp at such a low dose.

PS Gwen do your friends smoke ?? thats often a common allergy + things like shake n vac and such like.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »
i have to say, I wonder why they used Ovarid first, as that is a hormone treatment, I would have thought steroids would have been better from the start.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 19:59:47 PM »
prednicare is just prednisilone which is a steriod.  It has many many used in cats (and dogs/humans etc)

Basically if he's on such a low dose that he only needs one or two per month and its keeping the symtoms at bay then absolutely fantastic, no need to worry and i'd carry on with this treatment.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Prednicare?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 19:37:16 PM »
A friend of mines cat has been siuffering for years with skin problems,scabs etc and the vet has prescribed him until lately with Ovarid,which seemed to work until about march and they then put the cat on Prednicare? and all of a sudden the problem has gone,the cat only needs a tablet now once a month and so far so good since March there hasn't been any scabs.

Now the vet hasn't exactly said what Freddie (the cat) is allergic to or what exactly Freddie is being treated for,all they seem to say is that he is allergic to something but they have no idea what.

So is he solely being treated for allergies only or could there be a deeper problem here if they are using Prednicare?

Basically the question I am asking is what is Prednicare used for in cats?

Thank you in advance :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 19:40:17 PM by Gwen »
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat