Author Topic: FIP Vaccine ?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: FIP Vaccine ?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 19:41:14 PM »
The other prob with it is that its for cats 16weeks plus and is best used before they are exposed to fcov which is rather difficult to achieve in a normal household as mum cat can have it. Barrier nursing form 5 weeks old would be a nightmare  :Crazy:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 13:11:04 PM »
Everytime the FIP vaccine is mentioned on the American forum, it isn't good - a lot of vets wont use it, I think sometimes there is concern they will then develop FIP, but will have a look at some point.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 13:09:01 PM »
I just looked at the patent again and even though it was invented here, the license is American  :Crazy: -
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:27:38 AM »
VMQ: Is there an effective vaccine?

DR ADDIE: Not in the UK. There is an American vaccine, called Primucell, made by Pfizer. It's given by droplets up the nose and it does seriously reduce a cat's chances of developing FIP. Any cat about to be introduced into a multicat environment (like a boarding or rescue cattery) should, in my opinion, be vaccinated with Primucell if it is available in their country. (Editor's note: There are American veterinary pharmacology companies which sell various pet remedies and vaccines over the internet, but note that importing prescription only medicines is illegal.)

http://www.moggies.co.uk/articles/fight_fip.html

And the official website
http://www.dr-addie.com/
What i like is that they dont breed cats and then test on them, they use samples from peoples pets   ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:16 AM »
FIE is in the normal shots BC

Close, but no cigar ........

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
No prevention of FIP  :(  Diane Addie is researching it. Its a type of virus that can change its form so is a difficult one to do.

FIE is in the normal shots BC

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »
kent science park strikes again! yay Kent!! yay Swale!! I thought FIP was part of the general series of shots, but may be wrong .

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
FIP Vaccine ?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »
Is this a standard vaccination given to cats? - I don't think so but curious

I found this and wondered what the score is? http://www.wikipatents.com/4571386.html

(Notice the inventors live in kent  ;D )
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:09:13 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat