Author Topic: Kitten With A Problem  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Kitten With A Problem
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 08:15:29 AM »
Early  this year we had a kitten like this she had an op but a couple of weeks later it happened again, she had another op and now all seems fine.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 13:51:44 PM »
I had a 5 month old kitten in with an anal prolapse  :sick:  :sick:  She did have it operated on but took some settling down and her being feral didn't help matters.  I had her back in a couple of times after the op as she was struggling to do her business and it kept getting clogged up.  I put her on the Hill's a/d for a few days and then the vet told me to try her back on her dried food to make her poo's a little much solid and easier to pass.  She was fine, prolapse is now healed and fingers crossed, I've had no problems since but have been warned, it could go again on her.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
icky subject, but basically the bowel turns itself inside out like a finger on a rubber glove. So what you see hanging out the tail end is looks like a loop of bowel but is actually the inside of it. It can be reinserted, and stitched in place if necessary (by going in surgically) but it is a tricky thing as the bowel is in constant movement (muscle contractions called peristalsis) and so it can evert again without too much effort. Soft semifluid food with no roughage was recommended way back when I was involved in this sort of thing but things may have moved on since then.

MBll

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »
Yeh bowel....was told he was taken to the vets to get his bum but back in ?  :-:    Im no sure whats going on here?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 12:40:05 PM »
prolapsed what? bowel? if so the diet will be the answer, if indeed there is an answer........

MBll

Kitten With A Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »
Looking for a wee bit of info on a kitten iv heard about the now.

Hes about 12 weeks old & has had a second prolapse hes been to the vet.   Is there much to change in his wee life apart from the diet ?

Link to CatChat