Author Topic: Finger Sucking Good  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Re: Finger Sucking Good
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 17:55:19 PM »
Ezzy has a habit of sucking my fingers (especially when she's sleepy)... It doesn't really bother me, it's sorta cute really, though I guess I should discourage it?

Did some googling, and it says it happens when kittens are seperated too early, but she was with her mummy until 11 weeks...

As I said it doesn't bother me, I don't know whether it's just she's attatched herself to me she doesn't do it to anyone else or blankets or anything and when she follows me around loads..  Just wondered whether I should discourage it, if it's a problem, if I should just go 'awww how cute!!!' or whether anyones else does it?

Maybe I just taste yummy (don't read into that)...

:Luv: :Luv:

Just read this Anne, my Charlie does the EXACT same. He wasn't seperated from his Mum early either, I think it comforts him though as he does it when sleepy, also in the middle of the night to get back to sleep  :rofl: I think it's so sweet and doesn't do him any harm, he's my wee 'special' boy hehehe  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 06:31:58 AM »
Who needs a facial scrub huh!  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 00:59:34 AM »
I have a few cats that lick but the worst has to be Meg  :shify:  If you pick her up or she climbs on your knee, she gets her paws round your neck and start licking and suckling on your ears  :Crazy:  For a cat who was apparently scared of humans, she does a fine job of hiding it  :shy:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 16:50:28 PM »
I hate being licked too, there tongue's are like sandpaper!!! They give me no choice in the matter as they do this while im asleep....yep its lovely to be woken up that way  :sneaky:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 16:43:12 PM »
Yuk, i hate being licked! My rule is if it licks its butt it cant lick me  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:31:17 AM »
Aw... wish Lexy did that. How cute  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »
Lucas does it too, it makes me go all gooey  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: 

The boys were with their Mum until they were 10 weeks so he's not doing it because he was separated from his furry Mum too soon.  I have had two cats who were separated from Mum at 2 weeks and were handreared and neither of them did it.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 00:34:54 AM »
Two of mine lick my arm when they are tired (id prefer if it were my fingers lol) I really wouldnt worry about it you are obviously giving comfort to her  :Luv:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 00:30:22 AM »
My youngest daughter had a dummy until she was 4. I thought I'd never prize the thing out of her!  :-[ In the end, I had a brainwave and said there was a baby monkey at the zoo whose mummy couldn't get any sleep because he had no dummy. We wrapped it up in parcel paper and posted it to "The baby monkey without a dummy, London Zoo, England". I often wished I could have been in their post room the next day!  :rofl: :rofl:

Annie, I wouldn't be concerned about Ezzie's thumb sucking. She'll grow out of it. The wonderful thing about having them young is that you get to see them grow up over the years... She won't be doing it when she's six, and you'll probably wish she still did in a way.  :Luv: (BTW, it's also probably partly due to the salts in your skin that she likes the taste of as well.  ;) )

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
Finger Sucking Good
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 22:24:50 PM »
Ezzy has a habit of sucking my fingers (especially when she's sleepy)... It doesn't really bother me, it's sorta cute really, though I guess I should discourage it?

Did some googling, and it says it happens when kittens are seperated too early, but she was with her mummy until 11 weeks...

As I said it doesn't bother me, I don't know whether it's just she's attatched herself to me she doesn't do it to anyone else or blankets or anything and when she follows me around loads..  Just wondered whether I should discourage it, if it's a problem, if I should just go 'awww how cute!!!' or whether anyones else does it?

Maybe I just taste yummy (don't read into that)...

:Luv: :Luv:

Link to CatChat