Author Topic: Cat Food  (Read 1869 times)

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
Re: Cat Food
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 18:25:20 PM »
I bought a couple of the boxes of the new luxury pouches the other day.  They have both tried the chicken and duck which was devoured pretty quickly, and tonight Mosi has had the chicken and beef which also went down the hatch rather speedily.  It's so nice having non fussy cats!  ;D  Think I'll pick up another couple of boxes while it's still on offer.  I didn't buy any of the fish as Mosi isn't too keen on fishy stuff and I don't like to give Jaffa fish too often.

Hmm im so jealous bought mary a box of the luxury today to try had a sniff and walked off should have guessed i soon as i opened it she likes the jelly type foods or anything in gravy  :evillaugh:  but theirs no way shes getting that every day

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 17:18:33 PM »
I am amazed that my short term foster, Alice is hoovering up anything I put in front of her gratefully.

When I say anything, I mean Tesco Luxury 50% chicken, Hill's oral care etc - anything the others turn their nose up at  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »
If the cats won't eat the food, it's a false economy which I think is happening in this case.

I would not have known that as that was not in the original post. Of course HQ would not know what particular cats like or dislike. As you know some cats wont eat anything but fish. In these cases we usually give it to the ferals as they seem to eat anything even the Felix Roasted which none of the other cats seem to like. Of course I expect we will take in some cats in the future that do like it.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 08:51:58 AM »
If the cats won't eat the food, it's a false economy which I think is happening in this case. If it was all Chicken or Beef, it might not be so much of a problem. We don't get much donated food (a problem that is being addrsesed at the moment) so there is no other food to offer the cats without buying more.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 08:31:07 AM »
Just want to note here that stupidly HQ of CP gave us 30 boxes of cat food all one flavour "sardines". We are trying our best to do a swap with this with another resuce but it hasnt been easy..

A couple of times a year we are offered a pallet of food as indeed are all branches and shelters of CP. Very often it is one flavour and that is because a firm have offered that at very reduced price. CP cannot demand a variety of flavours as the firm is doing them a favour. Sometimes when you go to the warehouse to collect the food there are whole pallets of  a certain flavour on one pallet and another flavour  on another pallet, I would think that is because the pallet is packed by the supplier. I expect the supplier finds it more convenient to pack like that and as the profit margin would possibly be negligible they would not want to put themselves out packing. We are just pleased for what we are given and just use it along with the other food that is in the cat food collections bins etc. Occasionally we are given mixed pallets but that is when it appears to be seconds, (packaging not quite right etc). I would say CP HQ would be stupid if they refused the offer of cheap food because it was one flavour per pallet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:43:38 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
Just want to note here that stupidly HQ of CP gave us 30 boxes of cat food all one flavour "sardines". We are trying our best to do a swap with this with another resuce but it hasnt been easy..

I agree strays are not fussy but their is  a limite!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 23:45:15 PM »
I wish mine would eat it. Clapton is such a fusser - I have opened at least 10 pouches/trays today. He eats 3 or 4 mouthfulls then leaves the rest. 1/2 hour later, he is whining for more  :Crazy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 22:59:59 PM »
I bought a couple of the boxes of the new luxury pouches the other day.  They have both tried the chicken and duck which was devoured pretty quickly, and tonight Mosi has had the chicken and beef which also went down the hatch rather speedily.  It's so nice having non fussy cats!  ;D  Think I'll pick up another couple of boxes while it's still on offer.  I didn't buy any of the fish as Mosi isn't too keen on fishy stuff and I don't like to give Jaffa fish too often.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 22:57:37 PM »
Mary is not fussy on any fish ones and has totally gone off the tescos tuna in jelly and still have anorther 24 box to go of the tescos  :evillaugh:
So back to felix as i can get only meat boxes of those on offer. I was temted to buy a bag of the natrual dry today untill i saw they had veg in them as well then i knew she wouldnt touch it.
How ever she hooverd one of the premium chicken and duck pouches which now come in boxes of 12 as well but at 5 pounds  is too pricey  for me.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 19:55:32 PM »
I bought the luxury one - I got the fish and the chicken ones - none of my lot will go near it :tired: - I am giving them to the CP cattery.

I bought the Natural Dry and they wouldn't eat eat - even the hedghogs weren't too keen  :evillaugh:

I bought the Natural Lamb wet food and Clapton ate it for a while then went off it. He won't touch the turkey one even though he loves any poultry normally.

I made a complaint in Tesco yesterday as they keep putting the dog version of the Natural in the cat section. They have done it for 3 weeks in a row. They blamed the night shelf stackers. They said they should check the barcode. The packs are really similar except the dog one is 150grams and the cat one 100grams. The picture of a dog or cat is so feint that it's easy to mix them up.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
Cat Food
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 18:50:03 PM »
Noticed to day tescos are doing natural ingredient dry cat food and a new luxury version which was sold out  :P on offer at 2.99 for 12
Any one tried these yet ?

Link to CatChat