Author Topic: Another question about chick crumbs!  (Read 1625 times)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Another question about chick crumbs!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:41:37 AM »
When I go into Countrywide for my supplies now, they always say "3 x cat litter" instead of 3 x chick crumb cos they know what I use it for!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I notice there is a Countrywide not too far from me (about 20 odd miles).  I might take a trip out there when the weather's better and get some.  I don't mind driving a bit for it as if I decide to use it, I'll just stock up every few months so won't have to go too often.  That would be more convenient for me than waiting in for delivieries.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 17:38:00 PM »
Yes i got a rude sharp lady  :evillaugh:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 16:52:42 PM »
When I go into Countrywide for my supplies now, they always say "3 x cat litter" instead of 3 x chick crumb cos they know what I use it for!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 13:39:06 PM »
I told the guys I used to order from, and they thought I was nuts until they compared it to the Worlds Best litter they also stocked  ;)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 13:07:23 PM »
I wouldnt have thought they'd need to know what you are using them for, when you phone about ingredients, just ask if they are medicated crumbs or not - that would be something you'd ask if you were buying it for chicken feed anyway. Having said that, I told them in Jollyes when I first started using them several years ago - and they werent at all bothered (although they thought I was a bit mad LOL!) but since then I know that some of the staff there who have cats, now use chick crumbs as litter.  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
I shouldn't think they'd care only difference is they can't charge vat on it which they can on cat litter!

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Another question about chick crumbs!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »
Just wondering - how do suppliers of chick crumbs feel about us using them for cat litter?  I am looking into local suppliers and was just wondering that if I was ringing someone up, should I avoid mentioning what I want to use it for?  Do those of you who use or have used chick crumbs let on what you use it for?

I was surfing the net to find suppliers in the north west and came upon this

http://www.happychicks.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/Happychicksshop/_658/-/Chick%20Crumbs%20%28feed%20for%20chicks%200%20-%206%20weeks%20%2B%29%2025kg

A bit too far, but as it doesn't say what is in it, I'd have to ring and ask.  And since they are "mad about chickens" they might not be too impressed with me wanted chick crumbs to use as cat litter.  Or then again, they might not care if they're making a sale  ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 12:26:01 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat