Author Topic: Wet Food Problems  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Wet Food Problems
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:45:51 AM »
Am sure the different names are just for different supermarkets.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:44:31 AM »
That's funny because last time I bought the petit pate the texture was exactly the same.  That's what prompted me to check the labels and both ingredients and nutritional breakdown were identical.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 22:13:07 PM »
Asda still sell the tins individually but they call them hi life essentials.  It is the same as the petit pate.  They only sell the turkey and giblets pate and the fishy ones.  They are 4 for £1.

I have both the petit pate and the essentials. They aren't the same. The Essentials is really firm in the tin - held together with a jelly I think. Petit Pate is sloppy. Kylie won't touch Essentials but she loves the petit pate. I think the turkey Essentials & petit pate are the same though.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 21:50:44 PM »
Thanks... i have sometimes seen them individually in Morrisons and Wilkinsons but not often.
The new potty range is nowhere near as good as the petit pate ones, much less meat content.  He has had the hi-life sachets before and the natures menu before but he never used to eat it all.. i've gone back to natures menu for now and he seems to be eating it again

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:37 AM »
I haven't seem them about much either, as they have brought out a new potty range. You could try contacing their online supplier, Smylee pets and see what they have.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:57:08 PM »
Asda still sell the tins individually but they call them hi life essentials.  It is the same as the petit pate.  They only sell the turkey and giblets pate and the fishy ones.  They are 4 for £1.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
Do you have a Wilkinsons where you are? not sure for certain if they stock it but they do have Hi-life pouches, and I'm sure I've seen little Hi-Life tins in there but didn't look at them properly so not sure what was  in them.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
I'm sure others feed this, I know I have in the past but I can't for the life of me remember where I used to buy it :-[

Otherwise, have you tried Nature's Menu? My lot love Hi-Life and love Nature's Menu just as much, it's a pate texture but in pouches.

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
Wet Food Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:16:24 PM »
My cat has always been fussy.  I try to feed him a wet food with a high meat content rather than whiskas/felix type food.  He has gone through several different brands through his 4yrs of life but for over a year he has been eating Hi-Life Petit Pate Chicken selection.  They are slightly smaller tins to pouches and he appears to prefer the pate type.  My problem is currently i cant find it anywhere!!! Used to buy it from Pets@Home or Sainsburys but its now disappeared from both.  P@H still have the tuna variety but he wont eat that one!  He will eat some of Tescos natural pate trays but after a couple of days he refuses to eat it again.  I always offer dry food all day but he doesnt eat much of it.  He's had JWB, P@H, and Hi-Life which is his fave but again is hard to find.
HELP!!

Link to CatChat