Author Topic: Welcome Home to Orion!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
Re: Welcome Home to Orion!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 15:07:44 PM »
He's a naughty boy! I sent an email to his breeders asking if he eats dry food as I had left a bowl of Hills, a bowl of RC and a bowl of Iams out and he hasn't touched any at all since he got here on Saturday evening and I then wondered if he either didn't eat dry food or he just didn't like the ones I had put down but if I put down cans/pouches/raw he will eat it very happily. I got a reply back saying that yes he does eat dry food (including Hills and Iams) and he ate all sorts of dry and wet foods plus meat over there and his breeder thinks Orion is trying to see how far he can go before he has to eat the dry food as Orion will do anything for real meat :evillaugh:

I think I am going to cut down the amount of wet and raw I give him over the next few days to try and persuade him to eat some of the dry as whilst I am perfectly happy to feed him a predominantly wet/raw diet he will need to eat dry food when we are away and of course I can't leave wet/raw down all day especially over the summer and all my cats are free fed rather than fed at set times of day.

He is totally adorable though. I was greeted with hisses this morning but when he 'braved' coming out of the scratchpost he went into major cuddle mode and was bashing me and nipping my elbow to get me to tickle his chin  :Luv:

You can't blame a guy for trying!!   :rofl: :rofl: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 15:05:12 PM »
He's a beauty and looks so happy and at home  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 14:14:49 PM »
He's a naughty boy! I sent an email to his breeders asking if he eats dry food as I had left a bowl of Hills, a bowl of RC and a bowl of Iams out and he hasn't touched any at all since he got here on Saturday evening and I then wondered if he either didn't eat dry food or he just didn't like the ones I had put down but if I put down cans/pouches/raw he will eat it very happily. I got a reply back saying that yes he does eat dry food (including Hills and Iams) and he ate all sorts of dry and wet foods plus meat over there and his breeder thinks Orion is trying to see how far he can go before he has to eat the dry food as Orion will do anything for real meat :evillaugh:

I think I am going to cut down the amount of wet and raw I give him over the next few days to try and persuade him to eat some of the dry as whilst I am perfectly happy to feed him a predominantly wet/raw diet he will need to eat dry food when we are away and of course I can't leave wet/raw down all day especially over the summer and all my cats are free fed rather than fed at set times of day.

He is totally adorable though. I was greeted with hisses this morning but when he 'braved' coming out of the scratchpost he went into major cuddle mode and was bashing me and nipping my elbow to get me to tickle his chin  :Luv:
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 19:13:54 PM »
He is gorgeous.      Will look forward to more pictures and some wegie babies  :evillaugh:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 19:10:14 PM »
ooo, I haven't, I will get some of those next time I am out and see what Benji makes of them, thank you for the recommendation :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 19:07:50 PM »
Have you tried Natures Menu treats? Boopy doesn't do treats but goes mad for Natures Menu. I am ashamed to say that once when Hannah was round here Boopy went into Hannah's handbag and stole a packet!  :-[

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 19:03:35 PM »
sadly even temptations and dreamies scattered across the board only invite a couple of pokes then a look at me as if to say, well then, give my my treat! lol!
I am thinking webbox might do the treat, but I do plain chicken for the lizard so I just save a little for Benji's treat board. He is learning to use it, I think it is just different and he is not too sure what to do with it.
He does get interested if his favourite toys are on their too, hiding in the tunnel bit!

Hope Orion is good on Friday!!  :)

Jen and Benji

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 18:58:50 PM »
He was sitting on my lap earlier having his tummy tickled and was purring his head off but his wild expression (which he gets from his gorgeous Daddy) makes him look like he is permanently furious and about to eat you  :rofl: It's a shame the pics don't do his expression justice as he looks so much wilder in the fur.

I haven't given him his treat board yet as until he has settled in I want him to think that treats come from people plus I need to bribe him with lots of treats on Friday when he has his blood test done as I don't think he will appreciate that too much.

I wish it was winter now as I can't wait to see his winter coat as he had a huge kitten winter coat last winter and this year he'll be living so much further north!  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 18:43:48 PM »
Wow! Amazing lad  :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 18:33:41 PM »
Lottie he is a stunning addition to the Team :Luv2:

Can I book an invite at some point to come and see Findlay and the team and of course you - cheeky I know but I'm not that faraway ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 17:57:12 PM »
he is gorgeous and had he been a she, i would have said he looks like he will be a right little madam lol

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 15:56:22 PM »
Wow - he's stunning!  And that tail  :Luv: :Luv:

Does Benji like Temptations or Dreamies? Try some of those in the board and he should be all over it like a rash! If not he's not a proper cat  :naughty:

Mosi doesn't really go for those, although he will sometimes go for the dreamies.  He's just not food orientated in general though and can take food or leave it.  That's why I'm hesitant to get him a board.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 13:19:46 PM »
Phwoar :drool;  :Luv2:

awww, he is gorgeous! have you got the treat board for him yet? I hope he likes it! Benji's arrived and with chicken it is a great success, but Benji won't put any effort in for boring snacks, just chicken  :rofl: fussy Benji!

Does Benji like Temptations or Dreamies? Try some of those in the board and he should be all over it like a rash! If not he's not a proper cat  :naughty:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 13:27:04 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
Oh my he's lovely  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »
WHAT A STUNNER!!!!   :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I cannot wait to hear how he is settling in.

Regular updates please!!

GORGEOUS!!!!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Love,
Sparklecat and Tulip
xxxx

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
awww, he is gorgeous! have you got the treat board for him yet? I hope he likes it! Benji's arrived and with chicken it is a great success, but Benji won't put any effort in for boring snacks, just chicken  :rofl: fussy Benji!

Jen and Benji

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:25 AM »
Wowwweeeeee, Orion is just stunning Lottie  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Distinguished Cat
Welcome Home to Orion!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »
29 hours after leaving his breeders house Orion finally arrived home on Saturday evening  ;D He was amazingly good in the car and whilst on Friday he did cry most of the way from his breeders house to the ferry when I went down to the kennels to check on him on the ferry Friday night he seemed reasonably calm and he ate a pouch of food over night and then on Saturday when we got to the UK he only cried when we were stopping at starting at services and he slept the rest of the way (much like Findlay  :evillaugh:).

At the moment he won't really come to me (after all he'd never met me until I turned up at his house on Friday and 'kidnapped' him and it has been a huge upheaval for him) but if I put my hand into the scratchpost and tickle his chin he just can't control himself and starts purring and trying to roll over although he's too big to roll over in the scratchpost so then his front half flops out. His breeders had told me that he will do just about anything for meat and I have discovered that that even includes coming out of the scratchpost when I'm with him  :rofl:

With how soppy and friendly he is now I just can't wait to see what he is like in a week or two once he has settled in and got to know us  :Luv:

The only slightly confusing thing is that I am having to pronounce his name differently now as he doesn't answer to Orion pronounced OrIon but answers to it pronounced OrEon I discovered when I got to The Netherlands and they called him.

Here are a couple of photos of him within his first 24 hours at home in the UK  :Luv:

Link to CatChat