Author Topic: Introducing 'Peanut'  (Read 8522 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Introducing 'Peanut'
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 16:38:06 PM »
I think I agree. I've just ordered some more because we've had an "incident" today (not "accident", definitely deliberate  :-[ ) so I'll put fresh ones in every room for now.

I'd opt for the sitting room I think Sheila

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

I'd opt for the sitting room I think Sheila

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
I've dug out my Feliway now you've mentioned it. Do you think it best I plug in the kitchen where the boys come to eat or in the sitting room where my newbie is living and where the encounters will happen?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 07:20:56 AM »
ooh I hope it ends smoothly   if they end up just happy & tolerant if nothing else, i'll be pleased with that 

All the signs are looking very positive.   :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 19:47:33 PM »
 :evillaugh: wonder if our boy's voice didnt break properly?  :rofl: cos Tazi had a "Meh-meh-meh-hur" type thing going on?  :rofl:

ooh I hope it ends smoothly  :Luv: if they end up just happy & tolerant if nothing else, i'll be pleased with that  :Luv:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »
I love that he sounds like an owl.   :evillaugh:  Mac doesn't miaow properly either - he goes "squeewheewheee!"

I think the way you describe things, they're actually adjusting incredibly quickly to their new positions.   :Luv:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:32 AM »
SueP Paddy & Flynn sound so much like Tazi & Nuggie, Tazi being the 4year old only cat and Nuggie being the intruder. Tazi took on his duties well and taught Nuggie the ropes, but I always said that if Nuggie went first Tazi would cope on his own and probably much prefer it! whereas Nuggie would feel the loss alot more.
Although with Peanuts arrival, Nuggies ideas of 'only cat' have been well and truely squashed  :rofl:
The issue is me and Nuggie's seething jealousy of this "thing" being with me. I have adopted the role of Nuggies comforter, with reassuring tickles (although he has been  :censored: off with me, and cries in a "why me, dammit? why?" tone of voice and has limited his cuddles  :shify:) OH is Peanuts comforter, although OH is instructed to give Nuggie lots of attention too as I dont want a full divide of us and them - although Peanut sneaks over to me anyway  :evillaugh:

SheilaRose The harness has been great, but is now hung up for good  ;D My initial thoughts of this boy never going out I think, as you said can be confirmed. I actually think he didnt go anywhere or have toys, scratch post or anything judging by his feet and it appears he was very much on his own for long periods (he has 'being left on his own issues) and he has an odd fear of black bags??  :scared:  :'( Goodness knows what the truth is, but they've missed out on a little smasher and still his spirit isnt broken  :Luv2:  He is currently pouncing around the lawn like spring lamb, chasing insects or his own shadow am not sure which  :rofl:  :rofl: He comes home and if the patio door is lift open a claws width he has worked out how to open it. Much to the dismay and horror of Nuggie (and myself at first) as we thought someone was breaking in  :rofl:

I do have to say:  :yayyy: Praise Be To Feliway  :yayyy: :sneaky: It's the final phase and Nuggie has responded very well  :innocent: Peanut is still his cheeky self, but Nuggie has calmed alot and although he still hisses (normally when Peanut opens the Patio Door or does the squeak cats do to let you know they're there - cos he does sounds like an Owl  :rofl:) and there has been 'talkings to' and few fist fights, it is with less muster and aggression on Nuggies part  :wooooo: AND it only arrived today!!! Nuggie has also stopped charging at him and Peanut is free to actually move  ;D Peanut also follows Nuggie outside (which he hates) but as Nuggie is very nervous of cars/people/the world I am hoping Peanut will pick up on some this, especially cars & roads! - not that we live in busy area really, but a car is a car!

Theo (year 4 student) and Tufty (year 1) operate a revolving door policy - one in, one out - that's their rule and they both observe it (although Tuffs still hasn't figured out the catflap so we need to let him in/out the door, same as you do with yours).
:rofl:  :rofl: I have to say it took Nuggie nearly a year to master the Catflap in my old house. He then managed to go out, but not back in. I used to call him 'Victoria' after Victoria Beckham as he too was too Posh to Push  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
(although it still gioves me a heart attack when I catch him at the "wrong end of the cul de sac")   It'll always be a worry to me - we previously lost two cats and never did find out what happened. 
Good job I've never had kids - I'd still be walking them to school at 18   :evillaugh:

:shify:  :shify: I am the same! I used to be mortified when I see where Tazi was or who knew him.....as it was the wrong end of the street!!
I cant imagine what it would be like to never know what happened to the cats  :( When Tazi went missing, it was my biggest fear, not knowing  :'(

....and yes, if I had kids i'd also be some sort of neurotic looney :rofl: infact, its best i stick with cats. I'm bad enough with them  :rofl:

The only way Lupin will ever go out will be on a harness and as he wont let me get one on him , he will be a house cat as its just not safe for a cat without fear to go out here..........the road at the front which has no classification on maps has a car every 10 secs from about 0600 to 1900 and after that much less cars but much faster.

He is 17months old now and has never been outside but I so wish he could.
Poor Lupin! :hug: also once they get the taste of the great outdoors its very hard for them not to keep wanting it - so his refusal to have the harness fitted may save you alot of whining and great escape efforts.....so hes actually probably doing you a big favour without even realising it!!   :sneaky: :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 14:50:43 PM »
The only way Lupin will ever go out will be on a harness and as he wont let me get one on him , he will be a house cat as its just not safe for a cat without fear to go out here..........the road at the front which has no classification on maps has a car every 10 secs from about 0600 to 1900 and after that much less cars but much faster.

He is 17months old now and has never been outside but I so wish he could.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
I like to wear my biggest coat on these occasions, so if they get spooked I can scoop cat up and pop him inside my coat until the car/dog/sneeze has passed.

:rofl: :rofl:

I must admit, I gave my OH some earache during the summer when he began taking Mini Mac outside with him - he was only about 3 months old.  However, apart from one or two gliffs when Mac "disappeared" into our hedge (and once when he shot through the side passage round tot he front of the house when OH took his eye off the ball - OMG!!!) it gave him a good sense of "home" and "Mac's patch" and now at approaching 9 months old, he's sussed his little acreage and is more than happy pottering round the doors (although it still gioves me a heart attack when I catch him at the "wrong end of the cul de sac")   It'll always be a worry to me - we previously lost two cats and never did find out what happened.  Paddy on the other hand was so very sensible and never ventured far from his cat flap in his later years.  I'm always a bit wary when Mac's out and I feel he's been out long enough, then utterly relieved when he bounds through the flat with his usual enthusiastic good humour.

Good job I've never had kids - I'd still be walking them to school at 18   :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 12:15:05 PM »
I've always used a cat harness for first days out. I like them to have a good sniff round the garden first, then we walk up the block in either direction, then walk back again. Then we go around the block, both ways. It can take ages cos they want to go in everyone's gate and sniff every pebble, car wheel and piece of organic matter. This is a great investment, though because those smells then flag the way home for them.

We do this time and time again until eventually they want to explore on their own and have shown me they know the way home.

I like to wear my biggest coat on these occasions, so if they get spooked I can scoop cat up and pop him inside my coat until the car/dog/sneeze has passed.

Theo still likes to walk round the block with me now - doesn't need a harness.  :Luv:

The only one I didn't bother with the harness was Tufty, as he was a local stray anyway and knows the area far better than I do, and we happened to be on his rounds.

I agree about your findings - Peanut sounds very timid, and although all cats are very different, his reported history isn't matching up with his behaviour. I think you can safely discount much of what you've been told. He's a little Prince (albeit his shirt is hanging out) and wants to be treated as such.  :Luv2:

Nuggie (year 10 student) might like him better when he's a bit more independent - perhaps sees Peanut Da Poirot (Sly pronounces it Peenew da Tash) as a rival for your affections at the mo.

Theo (year 4 student) and Tufty (year 1) operate a revolving door policy - one in, one out - that's their rule and they both observe it (although Tuffs still hasn't figured out the catflap so we need to let him in/out the door, same as you do with yours).

Keep it up, he's coming along so well  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
 :evillaugh:  A veritable "Burlington Bertie" bless him.

Nuggie may always be a bit put out, but as long as Peanut remains thoroughly chilled and laid back, it shouldn't be a problem.

We had Paddy about 4 years when we got Flynn.  Flynn adored Paddy on sight, but Paddy couldn't stand the new little upstart.  Over time they settled - Flynn continued to potter round after Paddy, always hopeful of a bit of attention, and Paddy continued to ignore him, biff him or wash him within an inch of his life before pushing him digustedly away.  However, occasionally, they'd be curled up near each other, and Flynn would always look so chuffed, whilst Paddy just looked grumpy.  When we lost Flynn we were devastated, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Paddy was happier on the whole as an only cat - it was just his nature, but he did rub along with his bruvva to all intent and purposes (although he did spend more time out of the house if he knew Flynn was in.)   

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 15:33:56 PM »
 :evillaugh: all he needs is a top hat and he'll be a true AristoCat 8)  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

He has taken his first steps in daylight (mainly sits just at the door). Judging by his reactions, this baby-cat has not stepped into the outside world before and I could confidently say that this 'posh boy' has not been a stray either  :shy:  :shy:
(a little lie when handing in perhaps??  :scared: )
He runs in the house at the sound of anything. People/a car/dog/me sneezing lol. Even moving house (many times) with my two, they'd stand, listen then explore with confidence. Everything is too new to Peanut....anyone think i could be judging this right??   :shify:
Either way, his reactions and his need to be close to home has stilled by panicking heart about letting him out in the first place (I didnt want him to go!  :-: ) ! Didnt want too much too soon, but its all been on his terms......
Final Part of "Settling Peanut": Getting Nuggie to chill out and stop being so bad tempered with Peanut.....this could be the longest bit!  :shify:  :shify:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 06:59:23 AM »
Such great news to see how well he's settled in (and out - he doesn't worry about his jim-jams getting wet, I note  :evillaugh:)   :Luv:  I thought that too about his little belly stripe - is like the tail of a shirt peeping out.   :evillaugh: :)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 03:10:45 AM »
 :thanks: he is little cutie isnt he??  ;D
such a character! took him for a look outside today - in a cat harness no less!?!?  :scared:   :rofl: never used one before!? Never needed to!? but he's been trying to go out, so because I havent had him from small, rather than risk him flying off, i thought I'd test the water with a harness  :scared:
But he let me put the harness on, no fuss or fight...and we opened the door. He sniffed about, around the outside cat house, in the garden, all very calm but tentative (i must add I was getting rained on & in gale force winds in my pyjamas and dressing gown  :owwww:). Then a dog a good distance away, barked and he flew in the house, straight up the stairs, like muck off a stick!! even knocking passed Nuggie who then got nervous  :hairrasin:  wondering what monster was outside  :rofl:  :rofl:
So thats me happy  ;D he ran back inside!! he sees the house as home  ;D But i'll take him out again in the day with his harness for a nosy and then it will be hung up forever me thinks?  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
Peanut is gorgeous and not surprised he is slinking into your heart  ;D

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »
Hmmm not sure if he's fitted in........  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:
 ;)

....successfully microchipped, claws clipped (you can see on the photo of him on OH's knee how his claws are and how 'clunky' his paws looked  :shy: )
AND I love how he has the "Poirot" tash, what looks like a bowtie on his whit bib (see previous pics) and now - on his belly it looks like his white 'shirt' is hanging out  :rofl:
....He's stealing my heart this cat  8)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:01:57 AM by funkiechicken, Reason: missed a bit »

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 00:53:23 AM »
It looks right fine and dandy from where I'm sitting too  ;) :hug:   There's bound to be a bit of jostling for position and Nuggie's just letting Peanut know who's in charge 9for now, at any rate .  :evillaugh:)
:hug:  I agree  :Luv2: They are doing really quite well  ;D & innocent little Peanut  :shify: is often the instigator!!  :rofl: He often deserves the bop on his nose for his sheer cheek!!  :rofl:  :rofl: but i'm glad he stands his ground to prevent Nuggie from being a bully. My old dog was bullied by him and often got 10 claws on her muzzle if he walked in and had a bad day.....then he'd lean on her infront of the fire?? You could see her holding her breath with nerves  :shy:  :evillaugh:

They are looking fine, I'm sure there'll be a few more punch ups!....Did you manage to get him microchipped then???....And my burning question is has his trumping settled down???

He goes back to the vets first week of january  :shocked:  I think they may have to sedate him  :shify:  :evillaugh: I just wish he had the sedative before i had to try and get in the cat basket!!  :boxer:

Well....his wind problem has lessened but every now and then he lets out a stinker!  :sick: but i'm beginning to wonder if the OH is now just taking advantage & using his early issues as something to blame...??  :rofl: :rofl:   :she did it:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
They are looking fine, I'm sure there'll be a few more punch ups!

Did you manage to get him microchipped then???

And my burning question is has his trumping settled down???
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »
It looks right fine and dandy from where I'm sitting too  ;) :hug:   There's bound to be a bit of jostling for position and Nuggie's just letting Peanut know who's in charge 9for now, at any rate .  :evillaugh:)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 00:30:50 AM »
 :hug:

I am really pleased  :) the OH is worrying that Peanut is unhappy but the OH has never experienced this before and I keep explaining that it can take a while to reach neutral ground and they are actually doing better than alot of cat introductions....but on the same point I wouldnt carry on if i didnt think both cats were going to be happy  :)

Half the problem is Nuggie is a big mammys boy. He has more tolerance of Peanut with the OH there, as he does get jealous about me  :scared: but he even used to even give Tazi (who brought him up more or less) the evil eye if he thought he was getting left out  :evillaugh:
I had to work away last year and only got home on the weekends and the OH said he just slept on my dressing gown all week, our Cat Food Bill was Quartered!!  :rofl:       :cat rub:  :catlove2:

....I think its working out just fine  ;D  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Introducing 'Peanut'
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 00:07:16 AM »
Sounds like very good progress after such a short time, even with the bopping, I'm sure they'll get ther :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 00:04:26 AM »
Love the picture and maybe through Christmas Nuggie will calm down  ;D ;D

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 23:17:36 PM »
 :thanks: Sue & Gill  ;D

Nuggie is still naughty and chases poor Peanut  :shify: - he is having more and more tolerant moments but not bad for just over a week! We're hoping that with us being off work until next Thursday and then off 1st 2 weeks of January that we can settle him in properly!

Here is the latest picture of Harmony!....I'd like to say it was as amicable as it looks  :evillaugh: but it has to be said that empty bellies pauses all Wars and the photo was taken shortly after Peanuts 1st punch on the head and shorty before his 2nd punch on the head  :rofl:
aww bless  :Luv:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 13:13:49 PM »
OOOh, see?   I don't get on much for a week or three and what do I find?   :wow: :wow:

So pleased to hear of Peanut's arrival - and love the piccie of him giving it the "thumb's up"    :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Sending a gentle wink to Nuggie for being so magnanimous about the bed sharing thing.  And the food thing.   And the settee thing.   ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 00:28:04 AM »
Sounds just wonderful and so good for Nuggie  ;D ;D

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 00:20:47 AM »
All is going well  ;D

Peanut is gorgeous, a big baby and tries to suck ur ears!!  :rofl:

Only one thing.....he has serious wind issues....i mean, this lad could strip paint!!!  :sick:  :evillaugh:  :rofl: .....I'm hoping for improvement LMAO

Its getting a little bit more civilised  :shify: although Peanut gives as much as gets to be fair (much to the disarray of nuggie!!  :rofl: ) and he blatently does things to stick the finger up   :P :evillaugh:

Peanut does like the upstairs, but today he came down onto the settee with Nuggie there and after Nuggie  :censored: and i calmed him, they proceeded to settle on either end and Nuggie didnt bat an eyelid after that - which is big progress and a truce is near (I hope!!)  :shify:  :shify:

Peanut: The Big Thumbs Up to My Forever Home!  ;D  ;D

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 22:33:09 PM »
Hope Peanut will let Nuggie settle LOL, I reckon they will be best of friends in the end  ;D

Rosella has got Bertie and its on the thread introducing Bertie etc.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 22:18:25 PM »
Glad he got to his new home at long last! He is gorgeous - love his white eyebrows and whiskers :Luv2:
Hopefully nuggie will let him settle in without too much trouble...
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 21:18:38 PM »
 Hello Everyone!  ;D

Thank you for your posts of support  :) x

Peanut arrived today (after slight confusion) and he is gorgeous!! :drool;

Such a friendly little thing, full of purrs and drools (although, I sense he has a wicked side as he flat refused to allow the vet to microchip him  :rofl: so has to go back and maybe made a little sleepy  :evillaugh: )

He was released for a wander and we found him on the bedroom windowsill and Nuggie just sat watching, with no fuss!! So did Grumpy Nuggie prove us all liars?? Yes. But not for long....  :doh:

Dreamies together in the living room until Nuggie decided to put a stance on, then do the high pitched "talking" cats do to each other (I sense this was Nuggie's realisation that he hadnt done the whole "i'm top cat and these are the rules" bit  :rofl: )
Then Nuggie chased poor Peanut  :( and spat and  :censored: a few times. But after some food (my gawd Peanut can eat!!  :hairrasin: ) Nuggie has taken up residence in his usual spot with me on the sofa and Peanut has got snuggley on our bed
(This too caused Nuggie to  :censored: and spit &  >:( when he realised this cheeky intruder has stolen the bed too!!)
So all is calm at the moment (i wont speak out loud  :shify: lol) They will be separated whilst we arent here and during the night and his room has been set up - but I think its going to be a success  :shify: no pressure on either and neither are sat around all nervous.

So watch this space!!  ;D

Hope your new arrival Rosella Moggy has arrived lol and has settled in!! you will have to put pics etc up  :wow:  :wow:

:hug:  :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 08:41:04 AM »
Best of luck FC  :hug: :hug:  We're hoping to collect a new addition today too.  Very different to Peanut though as he is White & Black  :heeee heeee:

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 00:26:56 AM »
Sorry you are having to wait for Peanut
I was lucky with Oscar and he came the next day after I saw him on the website and phoned them  Fortunately I live about a 100 yards from the rescue and have been helping with fundraising for years and had Marmalade from them    So I didn't need a homecheck
Like most rescues they have a waiting list   So sad but good to know they are doing all they can
Lucky Peanut to have found such a loving home  Bless him!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 00:00:15 AM »
Hope all goes well tomorrow  :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 23:40:06 PM »
thank you sheilarose  :Luv2:  :Luv2: He is to be christened "Peanut De Poirot" !! lol

unfortunately, his arrival has been delayed until tomorrow as the Rescue Centre has been exceptionally busy this week (I hope this is due to animals getting forever homes and not vise versa!)

I was a little disappointed as I hoped he'd have the weekend with us to settle a bit before we went to work Monday (  :shify: *cough cough* i feel a sick day coming on  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh: )

its nice to think that Tazi has given his approval and the OH said for a split second he swore he saw him out the corner of his eye in the kitchen this morning - supervising & critising his sub-standard work efforts as usual  :rofl: and the OH isnt one for all that type of thing!

But I think the only way forward for Nuggie was to give a lovely home to a Rescue that so needed and deserved one and I wish more people did the same. I'd have took them all if i could have!!  :evillaugh:

I'm sure Nuggie will get over himself with a bit of patience and TLC  :Luv2: he'll have his moments  :mad2:  :boxer:
but judging by little Peanut's confident nature they'll soon be friends  :drink:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 23:11:57 PM »
Can't believe I missed this, did Peanut arrive yet? He's stunningly handsome  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Well done you for taking OH to the rescue, and yes, your Bridge Babies certainly will have had a paw in this little guy's fate.  :hug: :hug:

Hope Nuggie sees it that way too  :catplay2:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 21:39:43 PM »
Thanks Everyone  :hug:  :hug:

Homecheck on Saturday - And Peanut is coming then too!!! yayyyy!!  :wow: and cos we have Nuggie they do a weeks trial to make sure there isnt going to be major conflict - but apart from Nuggie being jealous and tripping over his own sulky bottom lip for a while, i think Peanut will be just what he needs  ;D  ;D

I too love his ready made milk mustache!! Clark Cable of the Feline World haha lol

Peanut is his rescue name and I like it that much I'm going to keep it  ;D

:hug: :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 17:49:25 PM »
 :naughty: What a handsome devil  :catluv: 

When's the home check?

Offline Miss Cassie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Milly & Sooty
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 17:28:18 PM »
He is very handsome!  I like the name  ;D

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 14:27:44 PM »
Lovely Boy  :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 13:06:02 PM »
We have a Peanut here at the Clan she to is a beautiful tuxedo except she is a girlie version

Welcome to a wonderful new life ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
He is a handsome chap and no mistake and love his moustache  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Link to CatChat