Author Topic: My Story so far....  (Read 1341 times)

Offline ladystrange

• Adult Cat
Re: My Story so far....
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 14:33:12 PM »
Just think hon, if it wasnt for Jabbas we might now have rabbits!!  :Crazy:

He was such a gorgeous cat and you gave him 2 great years.

R.I.P. Jabbas
Lost On A Road I Dont Belong!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 07:35:15 AM »
awwww  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 15:09:56 PM »
Its a never ending miracle - one little sad scrap of fur can open the door to a whole new way of life  :) :Luv2:
People Power Works!!!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 15:01:31 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 13:25:44 PM »
What a lovely story..... :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
My Story so far....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:45:30 PM »
About 3 years ago we noticed a little black & white cat that was swiftly becoming a pernament feature in our garden. When i opened the curtains in a morningi there it was staring at me with his little sad eyes, all cold & sometimes wet. Each time i opened the back door he would coming running to me for a pet. I had never owned cats before but my OH used to do a bit of voluntary work for CP in Durham where he used to live. Having a closer look at him my OH said This Cat Isn't Well. We agreed to keep an eye on him & ask around where we live if anyone knew his owners. Someone children said his owners had moved home. Over the days & weeks the cat seemed to getting weaker & spending more time staring at me through the window. OH said we will have to take him to the vets. My reply was......But we will have to pay and it isn't even our cat!!!! He said.....no one else is gonna take him. So we did......and found out he was extremely undernourished, he many previous fracutres, was 12 yrs old but his teeth where so tiny they where the size of baby teeth. We then decided he could stay with us if he wanted. Blood tests later revealed Hyperthyriodism. We had 2 wonderful years with him. He was the most loving cat ever. This time last year enogh was enough for him & well.......i don't have to tell you the rest.
After a few weeks i couldn't couldn't bare it any longer & persuaded other half to take me to the local Animal Sancturary where we found our beautiful Tiggz. My daughter was so smitten with him she went to the animal sanurary and got her beautiful cat Jessie. My friends went & have now got 3. And of course we now have Kimba and Saxon too.
So Jabbas ( the lil black & white one) legacy lives on and on and on and on, lol. Through this one lil forgotton fur baby all these other rescues have happy home :-)

The little man himself xx R.I.P.

Link to CatChat