Author Topic: Destructive Behaviour  (Read 2203 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Destructive Behaviour
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 15:52:33 PM »
when the new bed arrives he'll probably take to sleeping back in his old one  :tired:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 13:37:10 PM »
He still chews plastic bags :( 

Does he have acess to grass as I have heard various people saying that it's often due to them wanting to chew grass and if they don't have access to any then they will chew plastic instead.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 13:34:46 PM »
Thanks for the replies. The heating has been off.  I'm not actually sure if he's swallowed any of the "woolly" material but he may have done as both of my cats always try to steal cotton buds from the bin and chew the cotton wool ends on them!  I have washed the bed, sprayed it with Feliway spray and put it back (complete with small hole!), and whilst he hasn't been dragging it round the house or chewing it, he has also completely avoided sleeping in it.  Being a too soft cat owner I have ordered a large wicker cat sofa with cushion on E-bay.  It looks big enough for them both which I think they'll prefer so fingers crossed!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
There may be a grain of truth in what my vet keeps on about, about pedigree cats and nerves and bonkers behaviour. I've read about burmese/siamese eating woolly blankets. Does he actually eat the fluffy bed or just chew 'n spit out? It sounds horribly like something he likes doing and will keep doing until he grows out of it or tires of it. You could try ignoring him and not putting his bed back and maybe giving him a different bed for the so-called summer - then put it back once the heating's back on (is your's off?) and maybe he'll be warm and start using it as a bed again, not something he's 'killed and eaten'.
I had a 6 month period with my Tonkinese Max when he chewed holes in socks. He still chews plastic bags :(  As long as nothing's swallowed it's probably ok?
Mad.  :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 20:43:34 PM »
My birmans are strange too  :rofl: :rofl:

They will sleep in the most strange places and they tend to move around but the main place is my bed, they were denied house access by their last owner proberly after having it for the first 10yrs of their lives, so the bedroom is theirs and only theirs. They will not let any of my other cats in.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 20:18:07 PM »
Perhaps he wants a new bed?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 13:34:16 PM »
I had another thought, are your radiators off now or still on ?? maybe he was getting too hot ?

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »
Hi, yes he was neutered at 6 months.  I hadn't recently washed the bed and no other cats have been near it. That's a good idea about the Feliway spray, I have some already so I'll give it a go. Thanks

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 19:02:20 PM »
How very odd  :Crazy:

I take it hes been castrated ?  Have you recently washed his bed in new detergent, have you or the bed or he been exposed to any other cats ?

you could spray it with feliway

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 18:57:46 PM »
Maybe he thinks its a lady, what a way to treat a girl  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »
Sounds to me that he has took a liking to playing with it.....has he been neutered?

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
Destructive Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
This isn't a major problem but I'm intrigued as to why my cat is behaving this way. My 2 year old male Birman has always slept at night in his sheepskin radiator bed in the spare room but for the last week he has been pulling it off the radiator, dragging it downstairs and chewing holes in it. Every time I put it back he does it again. Does anyone else know why he would do this? It's not as if he wants to sleep downstairs as he's been sleeping on the landing instead.

Thanks
Wendy

Link to CatChat