Author Topic: Grace aka Quasi  (Read 7254 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Grace aka Quasi
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2007, 06:13:30 AM »
Aw bless....i know she's gonna turn out a real stunner....."Well Done" Grace for being a good girl at the vets  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2007, 00:38:34 AM »
Grace has been back to the vets today and had all the packing removed  :sick:  :sick:  I seriously couldn't cope with having to take anymore out and when I got up this morning, it was stuck to her stitches again, enough was enough  :owwww:  She was really good and hopefully it should heal fine, she's been put on a few days course of antibiotics just in case she gets infection in it.......it absolutely hummed when they took it out  :sick:  Anyway, stitches are looking good and she just has a small hole where the packing was which should close up over the next few days.  I can't wait to get some piccies of her with it all healed and no horrible looking stitches  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2007, 00:39:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure one of the ginger wobblies is a female, I'll double check and if so, your wish is my command  :)
[/quote]

Brilliant  :wow: TY sooooo much  :Luv:

oops sorry Grace for taking over your thread  :shy:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 00:41:40 AM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 18:43:36 PM »

>Dawn.....please, please pretty please if you get any female ginger's in would you call one of the "Satine" pronounced sa-teen.....it's from one of my fave musicals "Moulin Rouge" and its Nicole Kidmans role name.......most purrrfect for a red head me thinks  ;)

I'm pretty sure one of the ginger wobblies is a female, I'll double check and if so, your wish is my command  :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 18:36:27 PM »
Yay, Grace is a lovely name for a lovely little girl  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 18:29:02 PM »
Yay! so glad she has a more grace-full name  :)

>Dawn.....please, please pretty please if you get any female ginger's in would you call one of the "Satine" pronounced sa-teen.....it's from one of my fave musicals "Moulin Rouge" and its Nicole Kidmans role name.......most purrrfect for a red head me thinks  ;)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 18:30:46 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: Quasi
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 17:57:40 PM »
 :Luv: Grace thats amazing (groan) the Scottish lassie could have gave her that and saved the  poor lamb any embarrassment

Think that suits her, she is a wee star  :hug: hope it continues to go well.

ps i'm scottish too wasn't taking the mick

:welcome: Grace you wee beauty
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 17:50:51 PM »
You're welcome hun  :blow kiss:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 17:53:16 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 17:49:37 PM »
Thanks  :Flowers:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 17:45:57 PM »
Just for you, she can be called Grace   :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 17:44:40 PM »
how about Grace :shy: :Luv:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 17:27:32 PM »
Please can you give her a nice name - she is too beautiful to be called quasi  :Luv:

You can blame the scottish lass Lainey for that  :shify:

If you can think of a pretty name to suit this little lady, you've got a deal  ;)

I still love the name Keiko but with my last one eyed babe being called it, I'm not sure  :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 17:20:56 PM »
Please can you give her a nice name - she is too beautiful to be called quasi  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 16:59:51 PM »
In the other surgery, they pack them and remove the packing after 3 days..........Morris was the last op Sean did for me when he moved from the other surgery, he did a good job and Morris was fine.  When I took him in to get the packing removed, the vet who was on ended up pulling all the stitches with it  :censored:  :censored:  I ended up in tears  :-[ and nearly slapped her one, poor Morris had to have the op again and he was only a baby bless him and being feral, he was petrified.  In this surgery, they pack the eye and gradually take it out over a few days.........she is going to have to go in to get the rest removed as my tummy won't face it  :sick:  :sick:  She's been fine with the stitches though, and they don't seem to bother her but it's me who has the problem with the packing  :sick:

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 16:52:25 PM »
How cute is she!!  :Luv:   (I love fluffy tails  :Luv:).

Rosie's eyes weren't packed either time just stitched - I was a complete wreck the second time as she kept taking the stitches out so   :hug:to you.  I am very squeamish when it comes to eyes.  :sick:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 15:29:26 PM »
Modified to add  If and only if, the perfect home came along, I might let them go but at this moment, they will be staying with their "mummy

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately as you know there is another Quasi and Modo round every corner.

I remember being in your position once and whenever anyone phoned I somehow forgot to mention Sweet Pea who was about 1 year old. However, one day a lady came to view some kittens and as she was looking at them I just said oh! I do have Sweet Pea. Immediately she fell in love and adopted her and 2 kittens. A gut feeling just suddenly came over me and I knew the prospective owner was the purrfect owner of Sweet Pea.

I've done the same tbh, I've had a few cats that I've not mentioned when peeps have phoned up and then the right person will enquire, and you know they're the one.  I had one a few years ago, she was a feral called Jasmine  :Luv:  :Luv:  I turned so many people down as no one was good enough for her apart from her mummy  :evillaugh:  Eventually a lady phoned from South Wales and totally fell in love........I had no excuses to give her, she was just perfect and ended up taking another 2 as well, I did cry for a fortnight after she'd gone, it broke my heart parting with her but she's loved, spoilt and is extremely happy which is what you want for them.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
Thats lovely Dawn. now we all know that she will be loved :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 07:47:16 AM »
Modified to add  If and only if, the perfect home came along, I might let them go but at this moment, they will be staying with their "mummy

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately as you know there is another Quasi and Modo round every corner.

I remember being in your position once and whenever anyone phoned I somehow forgot to mention Sweet Pea who was about 1 year old. However, one day a lady came to view some kittens and as she was looking at them I just said oh! I do have Sweet Pea. Immediately she fell in love and adopted her and 2 kittens. A gut feeling just suddenly came over me and I knew the prospective owner was the purrfect owner of Sweet Pea.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 00:03:29 AM »
Aw how sweet  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 23:47:23 PM »
Here's another pic of the little cuddlebum  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 19:25:17 PM »
I don't think any home will be quite good enough for them  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 18:42:40 PM »
I am Mark along with her sister Modo  :Luv:  :Luv:    I know I shouldn't really be keeping anymore but how can I resist that cute little mush and when they've been through an op like she has, it makes you feel that bit more protective over them. :)

Modified to add  If and only if, the perfect home came along, I might let them go but at this moment, they will be staying with their "mummy"  :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 18:58:09 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 18:35:12 PM »
You keeping her Dawn?

Best place for her - methinks she's taking minnie's job.  :boxer:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 18:32:12 PM »
Just saw this thread for the 1st time - what a gorgeous girl. Lets hope she gets a home where she will be spoiled rotten  :Luv:

She's already got one  :evillaugh:  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 18:30:49 PM »
Just saw this thread for the 1st time - what a gorgeous girl. Lets hope she gets a home where she will be spoiled rotten  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 18:29:39 PM »
The camera flash actually makes it look a brighter blue than it is but she certainly is a wee babe  :Luv:  :Luv:  Everyone who has seen her has fallen in love and the vet thinks she's extremely cute.  I've taken her collar off for a short while today to give her a break, she's been really good with it on but she seems so much happier without it.  I'll be glad when the packing is out and the stitches have dissolved, and then I might be able to relax abit.......you're constantly watching in case she hurts herself and her sister Modo does tend to play a little rough at times  :sneaky:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 18:25:32 PM »
What is it with the Welsh air that makes such beautical cats?  :Luv:

Poor wee girlie. Her one remaining eye is certainly her fortune. She's stunning!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 17:38:48 PM »
Quasi is still doing well after her op and I'm still having to pull the packing out  :sick:  I have to keep taking a few minutes rest in between as it seriously makes me feel ill  :sick:  :sick:  I've never been very good when it comes to eyes and I'm worried about hurting her.  She's been really good bless her but usually after you've pulled some out, it tends to be gunked up the next time you have to do it and a few times, it's been stuck to her stitches  :sick:  :sick:  If it doesn't all come out tomorrow, she's going back in and Sean can do the honours....I don't know how much he's put in but it seems to go on forever  :censored:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 13:30:16 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: what a little sweetheart :Luv:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 13:24:22 PM »
Such a pretty little girl  :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 10:49:11 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: she's a stunner  :)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »
Yes I agree beautiful colour eye and lovely cat :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »
Quasi's eye is healing really well.....she's been back today to have some more of the packing removed, as I wimped out    Sean's really pleased with her

She is lovely.

I still have Gypsy who is now in her teens  and when she came in aged about 6 months she  was as wild as they come, although not feral she came from one of those  houses like you see occasionally on TV dozens of cats living in squalor, faeces and urine soaked carpets, well you could not actually see much carpet for rubbish and all the cats darting about like maniacs. Apparently one eye had exploded and she went into the care of one of the fosterer's, unfortunately she could not deal with the packing removal, so I took her on although I have to admit it is not nice.

Gyspy has never really grown and weighs less than 2kg
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:33 AM »
Isnt she stunning........is her eye really that turquoise blue? My goodness she is adorable  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 22:49:23 PM »
Quasi's eye is healing really well.....she's been back today to have some more of the packing removed, as I wimped out  :sick:  Sean's really pleased with her  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 22:57:09 PM »
Since Quasi has been back for a vet visit to Uncle Sean, she is so much happier  :Luv:  :Luv:  She's still mithering me to bloody death and has now decided sitting on shoulders is the way to go  :Crazy:  but she's not ramming the plastic collar in my face as much as she was last night, and she's not attempted to try and remove it  :tired:  I will take some pics of her later, her eye does look a mess but with her being white and the stitches being black doesn't help, but she's still gorgeous anyway  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
Aw, she sounds like a right little trouble maker, bless her  :evillaugh:

Hope she starts behaving and you manage to get some well-earned sleep later  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »
How's Quasi doing today Dawn?

And  :bow: to Sean, do we need to send him healing vibes for his wrist?   Seriously though, he sounds not only like a great vet, but a top bloke as well  ;D

He's the best but typical man and gets his grumpy head on at times and yesterday, I did have to resort to telling him he needed a good slapping  ;)

Quasi was an absolute nightmare last night, had me up all night  :tired:  :tired:  She was full of beans from the second I picked her up and hasn't stopped since.  She had the collar off 4 times in the night and decided to pull some of the packing out........I am exhausted, have a nice banging head, and really need some kip  :tired:  She's back in the vets this afternoon so they can cut the collar to fit her a little better, because of her size, the smallest is a little too big  :censored:  The packing has to be removed over 3 days which Sean decided I could do  :what:  Usually they keep the cats in a few days so the vets can do this but I got the job  :censored:  I told them this wasn't going to happen, I'm not a vet, they get paid to do it so she can go back in to have it done  :evillaugh:  She's already pulled some out so I doubt she'll need anymore pulling today but I do need to get this bloody collar sorted, I work weekends and I really don't trust leaving her as she's a little minx  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:15:49 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:08:13 AM »
How's Quasi doing today Dawn?

And  :bow: to Sean, do we need to send him healing vibes for his wrist?   Seriously though, he sounds not only like a great vet, but a top bloke as well  ;D

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 16:23:03 PM »
You're just not having much luck with cats and eyes at the moment Dawn are you.  Glad to hear Quasi is doing okay and I am sure she will get lots of fuss from you and Modo when she gets home. :Luv:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Link to CatChat