Author Topic: Weeing everywhere  (Read 3346 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Weeing everywhere
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 16:58:45 PM »
Yes, I must say I was surprised, but I guess they figured if they don't get them done before they are homed, there is no guarantee of them being done at all. There is only about a 25% redemption rate on the vouchers they give for discount neutering, so I guess they decided better safe than sorry.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 16:51:40 PM »
. Shadow was 4 months old when I got him from the RSPCA and not only was he neutered, but the stitches were already out. As a consequence his personal bits are somewhat smaller than usual and so he is often mistaken for a girl dog

Vets don't usually neuter/spay dogs until they are older. Unlike cats I think they like females to have had a season and males they usually like to wait until they are 9 or 10 months.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 16:28:57 PM »
Rang the vets but they don't do the op untill they are six months,but they did say if sky goes on heat early that they would do it

If she is on heat the op is more complex and therefore more expensive. I would demand to speak to the vet. What nonsense :P. Shadow was 4 months old when I got him from the RSPCA and not only was he neutered, but the stitches were already out. As a consequence his personal bits are somewhat smaller than usual and so he is often mistaken for a girl dog. He doesn't mind, he's so soft he should have been a girl anyway...

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 16:16:07 PM »
You could try cat attract cat litter. 

Do you know anyone who has purchased the litter, I have looked at the site and it seems a little, well can't actually think of a word to describe it. ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 22:49:28 PM »
You could try cat attract cat litter.  I've heard it mentioned on another (US) forum I use and most feeback is very positive.  I didn't realise you could get it over here but apparently you can.  I'm sure this won't be the only place that sells it.

http://www.4catz.com/litters/catattractorder.htm

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »
Thanks will have a look in Jollies next time I go shopping :thanks:
Caroline xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 20:11:01 PM »
Yes you can get simple elsewhere - I've bought it from Jollyes.  I'd have thought any pet shop would stock it (or could order it in).

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 21:19:49 PM »
I am amazed how many vets have this silly 6 month rule, this is sewcond post today where I have seen this.

Seems to me especially in mixed households, some vets do not have a clue  >:( >:(

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 17:41:51 PM »
Thanks Mark will have a look online.
Yes I did speak to the vet Milly's Mum but if it doesn't get any better I will get in touch with them again.
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 13:20:51 PM »
Did you just speak to a receptionist? They just give the standard info, if you could get a message/speak to a vet explaining the situation you may get your own way. If they can do it early if shes in heat then i cant see why weeing everywhere is any different   :-:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
I haven't seen it an any other shops so not sure. You can get it online http://www.sphsupplies.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=330&osCsid=e6e7706b24f0fe2f2527be27d684280c

Otherwise, pet shops and vets sell different brands but they are usually more expensive
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 11:16:04 AM »
Mark can you get simple anywhere else because our nearest pets at home is in warrington.
Rang the vets but they don't do the op untill they are six months,but they did say if sky goes on heat early that they would do it she is just over 4 months now.Sabre will be six months on the 8th Aug and Simba two weeks after that.Will have to keep a close eye on them all. About weeing everywhere she said it might be because she is stressed or just wants to do her wee's in a quiet place. :shy:
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
 :thanks: very much guy's for your replies we are going to ring the vets today and make an appointment to get them done.Will get some of simple and see how it goes  :thanks: again  :hug:
Caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 20:39:41 PM »
I have ended up with a tray behind the TV as its a pain cleaning a bunch of wires. I had to keep spraying them with simple then dry them off. A lot of people like the smell of simple but I hate the sickly sweet smell  :sick: - I have used it so many times that my brain can't tell the difference between it and cat wee  :Crazy:

There are other brands but simple is the cheapest - £5.95 for 945ml spray bottle - a 945ml refill is £5.45 - I get mine in Pets at Home.

If you haven't heard of it, it contains "friendly" bacteria and enymes that "eat" the pee so gets rid of the smell completely.

Can you fit a tray behind the tv for now? Even its only a small kitten pan from wilko.
Have you changed litter/put a lid on tray?
Simple solution is good, although you may get sick of the smell  :evillaugh:

Does anyone know why cats pee behind tv's, it appears to be a popular place!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 19:33:24 PM »
Can you fit a tray behind the tv for now? Even its only a small kitten pan from wilko.
Have you changed litter/put a lid on tray?
Simple solution is good, although you may get sick of the smell  :evillaugh:

Does anyone know why cats pee behind tv's, it appears to be a popular place!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 19:22:17 PM »
i suspected they were around that age, I'd perhaps try and bring forward the neuterings esp the boy who could be done now..the problem you might run into is habitual marking/peeing rather than being caused by hormones.  My lad was neutered at just 4 months as he sexually matured early and in some rescues advocate early neuterings too.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 16:00:31 PM »
Thanks Lyn for your reply, the boy is nearly five months and we will be getting him neutered in the next few weeks, the girl is just over four months and she will be getting done too, our other one will be getting done but he has always been very clean from day one. I will get some feliway and see how we get on :thanks:
Caroline xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 15:49:00 PM »
Firstly best to post about health or behavioural probs in the proper section..just so you get more advice.

How old are you benglys and whats the neutered status ?

Clean the areas with washing powder / water..leave to dry then you can spray with surgical spirit.  Also highly recommended is the "simple solution" you can buy online, its pretty good (someone correct me if i have that name wrong)
and i'd strongly recommend you buy some "feliway SPRAY" and use that in the area..its works really quite well.  You should maybe think about getting a couple of the feliway plug in diffusers to put on aswell..remembering to unplug any normal airfreshner ones so the perfume doesnt mask the feliway.

some people advise putting a bowl of food down where they have pee'd as they shouldnt want to eat where they toilet, other suggestions are cover the area with an object or tin foil.  have they got adequate litter tray provisions, have you changed their litter type ?

Linda's tribe are very clean and well behaved but i have an aunt who has 4 or 5 benglys and 2 of them esp (un neutered females) are really dirty choosing to pee and poo in the house and furniture regardless of what she's tried, one of their kittens also had same traits...so i cant say if its something common in bengals or perhaps my aunts problem more due to them being un neutered.

Hope you get it sorted out, if they are young then maybe they need to be neutered early ?

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Weeing everywhere
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 14:54:39 PM »
Two of our three Bengals keep weeing behind the tv and in one of the beds they sleep in, lucky they haven't electricuted themselfs  there are loads of wires behind the tv,we have noticed some of hubby's headphone and a couple of others wires have been chewed write through aswell. Any reasons why they might be doing this we can't take our eyes of them now. :'(
Caroline xx

Link to CatChat