Author Topic: Bengal Babbies are home  (Read 1755 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Bengal Babbies are home
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 14:21:52 PM »
Thanks for your replies, they are on white fish today and loving it but the vet has said to still let them have some biscuits aswell.  They have been at home for 10 days now so Im hoping that if its the stress of the move they will soon be over it.

I wont give them any raw meat until they are all better and are a bit older and then they can have it as a treat.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 14:10:02 PM »
If the stuff you've been given is Protexin Prokaolin it's miracle stuff.

As Gillian said it's likely to be because of the change in environment as moving is a big deal to a little kitten. Did the vet give you any Hills I/D food at all? My vets go for the starve then i/d food approach rather than the starve and boiled chicken approach as the i/d is a balanced diet (and it's fine for kittens).

Might be worth putting your bengly baby on a food for sensitive tummies. Royal Canin do a sensitive food called 'Sensible' that is very very good.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 13:22:49 PM »
:Crazy:
The only problem is that since they came home they have had the runs on and off, the breeder recommended feeding them nothing but raw meat for 48hrs, we did this and to be honest it made them worse so we went to the vets last night and she said NO raw meat - so much conflicting info - she said white fish and cooked chicken for 2 days and she has given us some probiotic paste. Their temperatures are normal and they are still playing and eating/drinking.

Has anyone got any advice please on whats best to feed them because I feel so sorry for their poor little bums

I think this is quite common when kittens go to their new homes, a lot of it is to do with the stress of the move and new environment, even if they appear relatively happy in themselves. A change in food often contributes to it as well. Was the breeder feeding them raw meat before they came to you? If so, thats not a balanced diet anyway, because it lacks calcium for their growing bones.

Raw meat with a source of calcium is fine, but your vet is probably right to try them on the cooked chicken for the time being, although again, not long term, because of the lack of calcium, and the probiotic paste should help too. You can then gradually introduce the food that you want them to eat.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »
Thanks Ruth,

Bengly Bum is more like it at the moment !!! LOL  :sneaky:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Linda or Gail can certainly give advice. Bengly Belly is common I think depending on the cat, some have hardier bellies than others. I remember when I had Stella here for her short while I was horrified when she had a soft stool.  I was told by some trusty people to keep her on her pouch Whiskas food for  few days until she settled and remove any dry food, and to avoid rich foods such as Natures Menu or the high meat content foods.

Fingers crossed they get settled soon.

Pictures pictures pictures!!!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Bengal Babbies are home
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 11:54:48 AM »
 :Crazy:

Hi all, well our beautiful Bengal babies are home and settling in really well - already sleeping on the bed and they have made friends with all the other furbabies.

The only problem is that since they came home they have had the runs on and off, the breeder recommended feeding them nothing but raw meat for 48hrs, we did this and to be honest it made them worse so we went to the vets last night and she said NO raw meat - so much conflicting info - she said white fish and cooked chicken for 2 days and she has given us some probiotic paste. Their temperatures are normal and they are still playing and eating/drinking.

Has anyone got any advice please on whats best to feed them because I feel so sorry for their poor little bums

I will post some photos later on in the week.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Link to CatChat