Author Topic: Bring me some sunshine....cystitis!!!!!  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Bring me some sunshine....cystitis!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 17:44:38 PM »
No not yet Lynn. I called the vet when I got home and saw that she had peed again.  Vet said to give her Metacam drops max of 9 in her food and then call her tomorrow if the same is still the case.  I put 4 drops instead, never like to give too much Metacam.  Will this work? Is there anything else I can do until the morning? I'm home for a few days so can do my rounds with her if I need to.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 17:38:48 PM »
 :hug:  What a time you're having, hope the car isnt too fatal.

Has lexy got antibiotics or anything for the cystitis ?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 17:34:11 PM »
Thanks.

Sorry I know it was a rant but I just keep waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Lexy is ignoring me right now. No matter what I do she refuses to look at me.

But she got a new tent which she likes so hopefully I'm not persona non grata for too long.

Anyone have any idea how soon the cystitis should clear up?

The pics of madam ignoring moi...

And the tent I tried to bribe her with..

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 16:58:52 PM »
Oh no! Give Lexy a big cuddle from me and the 'team' send her purrs and headbutts to help her feel better quickly. I think you need a big glass of wine to help relieve the stress!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Bring me some sunshine....cystitis!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 16:56:07 PM »
Ok somewhere there is a superior being laughing at me and telling me I have to wait for my ray of sunshine for Lexy.

First Lexy get constipated (for the first time) and freaks me out because she has very strong smelling urine.  :sick:

Blood tests and urinalysis all come back great.  Her weight still an issue so she is prescribed Obesity food (still hate typing that out!), and soon after the diagnosis she seems ok.

Then VetUk mess up the order (but they fixed it quickly so will give them their due) and sent me Canine Obesity instead of Feline. Delay delay delay.

Then Lexy swallows a piece of string WHICH I have not seen again, however she has pooed well over the last few days.  :evillaugh:

Then new food arrives, I give her some Sunday, she's not saying yay or nay, so I figure this is good. BUT, apparently not as its the only change in her routine and now she's peeing for Africa right now, sometimes struggling for a few drops. 3 times this morning! But she is drinking fluids so will help flush it out.  No blood, but she keeps cleaning herself so I know its bothering her, poor baby.  I have given her 4 drops of her Metacam on her food at vets instructions (vet said 9 drops max, so I gave 4), and am hoping it helps clear her up, but will call vet tomorrow again if she's still not better.

I woke up to another skid mark on my bed, because madam had a wet poo last night....  :sick:

Oh... and my car gave out on me on my way to Paws Inn this morning, thankfully close enough to home and not on the motorway so I had to give T's a miss today to get my bloomin gear box fixed!!!!

GRRRRR!! Sunshine please!!!!!!!!   >:(  >:(

Link to CatChat