Author Topic: Persian Advice:Blood In Stools Help Please  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Persian Advice:Blood In Stools Help Please
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »
Obviously I'm going to have her checked at my vets but just wondered if anyone has any ideas?

There are so many things it could be that the vet is the only person to be able to advise you. Please make the appointment ASAP and let us know who you get on.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »
Blood in stools usually indicates bleeding somewhere in the digestive tract. Are her stools very dark? If so, this signifies that the bleeding is higher in the tract. If the blood surrounds normally coloured stools, then she probably has something wrong with her rectum, maybe piles or worms.

Best to see the vet. Try to take a sample if you can.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 14:19:31 PM »
Blood in the stool can mean several things. It's often a side effect of something else and is usually associated with diarrhea. Watch for dihydration!

My first thought, bearing in mind the vomiting, would be to rule out fur ball upsetting her usual digestion. You also say her stools are often soft? Sounds like some kind of food intollerance to me...

Good luck, but I'd agree you should get her checked out first thing.

Jxx

Offline lisauk31

• Kitten
Persian Advice:Blood In Stools Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 14:05:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Haven't been on for a long while, just wanted some general advice for one of my persians.Henny is an 8 year old female who I've had since November last year.She is a lovely girl who has had a really hard life till coming to me.
Basically when I got up this mornung she had used both litter trays and the tiles near my bathroom too.Her stools are normally soft bordering on diahorrea and have always been like that, but today there was quite a bit of blood in one of them.She also smeels like nothing I've ever come accross while owning cats!
She seems fine in herself and is eating well, she is regularly wormed and is fed on a mix of Royal Canin persian 30 and wet food.She doesn't have milk.Henny does tend to gorge herself though and there was some vommit this morning too, not a lot just cat food.
Obviously I'm going to have her checked at my vets but just wondered if anyone has any ideas?I'm not pannicing yet as like I said she seems fine in herself.
ThanksLisa

Link to CatChat