Author Topic: Tia keeps bringing home frogs...help!!  (Read 1946 times)

ccmacey

Re: Tia keeps bringing home frogs...help!!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
Not very nice at all. Although I think I could cope with a frog more than birds or mice.

My cat has had an addiction for birds and has captured about 20, some have been saved but the others nothing could be done  :( He has stoped for the time being.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »
Good to hear from you Mel, and to hear that Tia is still being a crafty little kitten.  One of my new ones, Shyla, is into frog catching as well.  Luckily, she hasn't bought any in yet but when I see a gathering of the cats outside, I know she has probably got one and have to go and rescue it.  The others are quite good and just like to watch them but she decides to start dragging it along the path and, as you say, they can make alot of noise.l
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Mel

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 23:22:35 PM »
No I don't think so.  They look fine and when I get them outside they quickly move away.  I feel a bit sad in case they can't find where they belong but I don't know where I should release them at 2.00 in the morning.

I'm now sat patiently waiting for Tia to return home so I can close the cat flap.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 22:57:27 PM »
does she injure or harm them ?

Offline Mel

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 22:38:01 PM »
I just wish I knew where she found them.  I beginning to suspect a 'frog dealer' in the neighbourhood  :evillaugh:

Wouldn't it be great if we could fit little cameras to our babes to see what they get up to when they go out for hours.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 22:33:48 PM »
just all the detterent things to keep her away from where the frogs are.

we get these posts a few times and who knew poor frogs over the country are persectued so much  :(

Offline Mel

• Kitten
Tia keeps bringing home frogs...help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 22:20:01 PM »
HI all

I used to post a bit on cat chat, but not really been on this site.   Having a bit of a frog problem at the moment, with Tia bringing them home almost daily.  Last couple of times she has dropped them in the bedroom for me!!  It started a couple of weeks ago.

I'm just about getting over my phobia and can now capture them relatively easily, but I'm not enjoying being woken up in the middle of the night by a frog screeching (who knew how much noise they make!).  Plus a couple of times they have hopped under the fridge or the bed and I start panicking that there may be others that I do not know about lurking in the house!

I suppose the best solution is to keep her in from dusk, but she really does love the outside and whinges to go out.  Does anyone know is 'frog' season relatively short??   Do you think she will tire of frogs eventually?    I play with her lots and she has loads of toys but I guess nothing is a substitute for real live prey.   I've also recently had dead mouse in the bedroom and a still alive bird in the lounge and am not used to it as none of my other cats have been hunters.

Link to CatChat