Author Topic: Help, Lynn!!  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Help, Lynn!!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 19:09:50 PM »
OK, thanks again Lynn  :thanks:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 15:06:02 PM »
 :1st place:   (closest to well done i could fine  :evillaugh: )

No it doesnt really matter but i'd say try and direct it towards the back rather than the head if that makes sense, there should be plenty sub cut space to hold 40 mls directly under the scruff.

I'm sure she appreciates 2 jabs per day instead of 4  :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:06:19 PM »
replied to your pm gillian

the side that doesnt go well...is its maybe to do with how akward it feels to you depending on left or right handed ?

Hey Lynn - I did the method doing the 1 injection of the whole lot on the 1 side you recommended again this morning AND, it went perfectly this time  :yayyy: AND on the side I don't usually do very well on (its her left side, I'm right handed), so thats excellent, only two injections a day, yippee!

Does it matter which way I'm pointing the needle? - I mean towards the head or towards the tail?

Thank you for you help Lynn its much appreciated.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 17:07:14 PM »
replied to your pm gillian

the side that doesnt go well...is its maybe to do with how akward it feels to you depending on left or right handed ?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 16:10:07 PM »
Hi Lynn

She's having 20ml each side twice a day, doesnt sound all that much really does it?

Its funny, one side never seem to go smoothly, it doesnt matter if I start on that side, or do that side last - it always seems to be that something doesnt go quite right, you know, like I push the needle out the other side, or she moves to wash herself and the needle comes out before I've finished -  one day it'll all go right on that side!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 19:59:23 PM »
just checked your other thread gillian and couldnt see if you said how much fluids you are giving her twice daily ?
Let me know and i'll advice on how to stagger (depends on the amounts really)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 19:54:35 PM »
dont panic..no harm done

quite possibly you might have bruised her slightly of even some fluids maybe went between the skin layers..but it will be ok.

dont feel bad, you havent done anything major wrong  :hug:

Phew! thanks Lynn. She seems quite happy, just a bit irritated by the areas. So, should I change the areas every now and then? How often? The vet shaved two patches, kinda either side of her shoulders about the size of a 50p piece. Do I just pick two other places either side after a time? - sorry, questions, questions LOL!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 19:23:04 PM »
Thanks , was just curious  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 19:21:09 PM »
you'd probably stagger them gill slightly as it would get sore..gillian will be injecting saline which is harmless but the skin would start to get sore as it would for us.

the good thing with sc fluids is you have a large area to inject around the scruff/shoulders and towards the back (or on the back as they have so much loose skin but thats abit more painful for them)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 19:17:36 PM »
Just a question on this Lynn.................Can you keep giving injections or fluids like this in the same place everyday?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 19:15:23 PM »
dont panic..no harm done

quite possibly you might have bruised her slightly of even some fluids maybe went between the skin layers..but it will be ok.

she will be licking as its maybe a wee irritating or as you say the surgical spirits.

A clip or shave of that area wouldnt be a bad idea if she's a thick coat..even the best of us can have the odd slip up and excess hair makes it harder..dont feel bad, you havent done anything major wrong  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Help, Lynn!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 19:08:29 PM »
Lynn or anyone who knows - I gave Suzie her fluids earlier and made a hash of it the first side when the needle went right through and out the other side. Just after I'd done another injection, a small area of the skin looked kinda dark grey, could that be bruising because putting the needle in twice? or is it something else?

Also, since doing it about 2 hrs ago, she's been wanting to wash both the areas furiously - they must taste horrible because of the surgical spirt! and she's twitchy, I don't think she did it this morning after practicing at the vets.

I'm actually considering doing that 'teddy bear' clip on her - all that fur is getting in the way for this prcedure LOL!

Link to CatChat