Author Topic: Cats that lick  (Read 2009 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Cats that lick
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 18:26:50 PM »
Menue claws at my hand to lick them... it can be annoying when I am on the phone... She also puts both front legs round my arm and "catches it" then has a good old lick!!

She also has the habit of straddling my arm then nibbling my thumb... oh and following me to the toilet and sits watching me whilst licking her lips...  :innocent: It can be off putting!!!

I have to shut the bathroom door with the cats on the other side now as Amber decided that as I was using the toilet she'd use the bath!!!  :rofl: :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 17:39:15 PM »
Menue claws at my hand to lick them... it can be annoying when I am on the phone... She also puts both front legs round my arm and "catches it" then has a good old lick!!

She also has the habit of straddling my arm then nibbling my thumb... oh and following me to the toilet and sits watching me whilst licking her lips...  :innocent: It can be off putting!!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Magnum licks me. Usually my face while he's settled curled around my head on my pillow. He's always done it. He sometimes wakes me up in the morning giving me my morning wash  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 19:19:17 PM »
Misa doesnt lick byt the birmans do and they also bite the hand that feeds them grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 17:47:54 PM »
Basil licks my hand when he's all comfy next to me on the sofa and occasionally he decides I need a good grooming so attends to my hair as well!!

They do these peculiar things...Humphrey went through a stage of constantly sticking his tongue out. Even the nurse at the vets commented on it - every time she passed his pen, he was sitting there like Hannibal Lecter, looking at her...with his tongue out. Bizarre.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 17:46:35 PM »
Clpatons a licker - te other don't although once about 6 months ago, Kylie decided to wash my arm in bed - it took her about 10 minutes but that's the only time  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 17:44:54 PM »
Well she did use to get under the duvet and suck my thumb when I first got her but now she closes her mouth and leaves teeth imprints
love
Tab

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 17:43:24 PM »
Sounds like she is trying to "suckle" you Tab.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 17:39:36 PM »
Both mine drool although Amber does lick where ever she can find a bit of skin. Its bad enough when its the inside of my arm but when she found a bare bit of back when I kicked the duvet off as I was too hot I nearly fell out of bed especially as after licking she tends to close her mouth and press harder and harder until I scream :evillaugh:
Mogs doesnt lick but she does occaisionally 'dab' me with her tongue as if to taste me
love
Tab

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 14:57:57 PM »
Cody's a licker..none of my other cats have been.

(sebs a drooler though)

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 14:42:45 PM »
My Ollie lick's my hands, he also taps me on the hand when he wants feeding maybe this is why? I think its just them wanting some love.  :)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 14:35:43 PM »
As long as you wash your hands before you eat.... ;)

My 3 do the same.

Smoke has seriously turned into a licky cat, every time you show her your fingers she has to snif them then lick. And she's got a wet lick as well so you're basically slobbered on. (she will go for your ears as well - no idea why)

Lirael likes to clean me (only me apparently) whether it be my hand arm or face.

Penguin will occasionally lick your fingers while he's been petted.

Offline Cathy Biscuits mom

• Adult Cat
  • Biscuit
Cats that lick
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 14:16:39 PM »
I've been chatting to Gemma's mommy (Gemma is Biscuits feline friend who lives next door to us). We've both noticed that Gemma seems to have got into the habit of licking the hand that feeds her (better than biting i supposed) but seriously any chance she gets she wants to lick us.

Any thoughts ? - good, bad, indifferent, pro's con's

Link to CatChat