Author Topic: Sainsbury cat insurance - has anyone the policy booklet hand?  (Read 8115 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Sainsbury cat insurance - has anyone the policy booklet hand?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
Oh dear!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 13:19:02 PM »
Yup, it was 15% we had to pay - clearly whoever the nurse spoke to didnt look at the policy that closely to see that Suki is age 10!

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Thanks for your replies and it confirms what I thought in that we do have to pay the 15% of the bill not just £50 - think I'll have to give the vets a call to query that!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »
Not a hard copy but you can get it from their website - I have a copy saved to my favourites, and this is the bit I can find

If Your Pet is under 9 years of age at the time of Treatment, You must pay the
following per Condition:
The first £50 of Treatment costs if the value of the claim is under £1,000, or the first
£75 of Treatment costs if the value of the claim is over £1,000.
If Your Pet is aged over 9 years of age at the time of Treatment, You must pay the
first £50 or 15% of the Treatment costs, whichever is the greater, per Condition.
This Excess does not apply to the pet cremation benefit.

I know when I claimed for Pebbles, I got told it changes from £50 to 15% when you have claimed £350.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »
I've just had a look at the online policy document and it states that for cats over 9 years of age you have to pay £50 or 15%, whichever amt is greater.

If your pet is aged over 9 years of age at the time of treatment, you must pay the first £50 or 15% of the treatment costs, whichever is greater, per condition

http://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/common/html/pdf/petinsurancepolicy_feb05.pdf

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Sainsbury cat insurance - has anyone the policy booklet hand?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »
Re the title - does anyone have their Sainsburys policy document booklet to hand by any chance?

Our cat Suki's having quite a lot of work done on her at the moment (see my thread in this section), and my mum is very kindly paying the excess for us.

Now her bill is currently £813.89 - which we thought as she's 10 that we woudl have to pay 15% of the bill - but when my mum rang up the vets told her that it's only £50 (the vets even checked with Sainsburys apparently), but wondered if anyone had the document infront of them that they could type in for me (it's only a couple of sentances).

The only way we can think that it's £50 is that when we first insured her she was 8 years old - whether or not it's a case that you pay the excess to when you first insured them or not we cant work out now - we dont want to be in the position to be told later 'oh well actually you do still owe us £x****'

Link to CatChat