Author Topic: Has katalax formula changed?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Has katalax formula changed?
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 18:02:55 PM »
LExy eats it off my finger... no chance of putting it on her paw... cream carpets.. no way!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 17:47:46 PM »
I was not amused cos I put it on their paws and they left it there and just went round leaving katalax everywhere  >:( >:(

The first time I put it on Mogs I left it as a blob. She looked at me then shook her foot so hard I had the stuff EVERYWHERE and believe me it doesnt come out of carpet well!!  The next time I rubbed it in  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 22:50:18 PM »
I prefer Defurum because it uses liquid parafin rather than caster oil or cod liver oil. The latter has a high vit A content which is bad for cats, or so I've read.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 21:21:07 PM »
Jaffa still loves it.  Of course Jaffa doesn't need it and I only let him lick the tube because it's impossible to get the tube out and not give him any.  As Jaffa has a tendency for soft poos and has never had a furball in his life, the last thing he needs is a laxative!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 21:18:05 PM »
Dont know what it is but it has malt stuff in it I think which cats are supposed to like the taste of..................mine dont get past the smell and they think they are being poisoned!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 21:22:02 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 21:13:28 PM »
It's castor oil isn't it? I think they have changed its taste but not about to try.....mine used to lick it. Now I have to put it on my finger and then on their tongue. YUK.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 21:54:17 PM »
Mine  dont like it and they dont like defurum either grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was not amused cos I put it on their paws and they left it there and just went round leaving katalax everywhere  >:( >:(

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 18:56:03 PM »
I bought a new one too recently. Lexy prefers defurum tho but this one I struggled getting her to lick it off my finger.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Has katalax formula changed?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 17:47:24 PM »
I got a new tube of katalax from vetuk a couple of weeks ago and Mosi has decided he doesn't like it any more.  He used to lick it out of the tube willingly but has now decided he doesn't want to do that!  I was wondering whether the formula might have changed - has anyone else had a similar reaction?  I used an old tube yesterday and he seemed happy with that, although there wasn't much left so I wasn't able to squeeze much out - maybe that made a difference.   He doesnt' get out of having it as I just smear it on his paws but it was a lot easier when he would lick it from the tube. 

Link to CatChat