Author Topic: He's such a noisy boy  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Re: He's such a noisy boy
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 17:48:39 PM »
My Ging is pretty vocal,like yours if he comes in he meows all over the house until he finds us.  One day (a few years back now) I was putting washing out on the line and I heard his meow from afar as he was walking down the path from 2 houses away,he definately likes to make his presence known lol

Personally I think its cute but he doesn't wake me up in the night though as he usually sleeps with me on the pillow,if he did that I think it would drive me nuts  :shy:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 16:38:08 PM »
My Fleur is just the same infact her name has become "Shut up Fleur"

Think you will find yours is just a chatty cat and there is nothing you can do about it i'm afraid lol

But if it helps i DO know how you feel  :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 21:22:53 PM »
yep sounds like he likes the sound of his own voice  :evillaugh:

Perhaps if you really want to try and change this behaviour you should try ignoring him for a bit, then that way he'll begin to get the message meiowing doesnt necessarily get him attention .... however it sounds quite sweet really, my baby boy isnt overly noisy but he does like to have a good old chin wag sometimes  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 21:00:09 PM »
Have a look at this thread: http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4831.0

You have probably just got yourself a Chatty cat.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Fauna

• Kitten
He's such a noisy boy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 20:40:33 PM »
My youngest cat is coming up to two years old, he's neutered and he's so noisy!  I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about what I could do?

He miaows all the time, you can have a conversation with him!  If you talk to him he will miaow back for ages.  He Miaows when he walks in the room as if to announce himself but it is constant over and over again.  For example, in the evening I will leave the back door open for him and I will sit upstairs, he miaows and miaows from the moment he walks in until he finds me and then if I stroke him he normally settles down for a bit.

The worst time is in the night, if he wakes up he starts and it seems to be for attention, mainly if I call him and stroke him he will calm down and go back to sleep but last night he wouldn't stop, I had to shut him downstairs.  First thing this morning my alarm went off and I could hear him calling from downstairs.

He is pretty independent and stays out a lot and always seems to have been like this so I don't think it is an injury or anything like that, it seems to be an attention thing.

Link to CatChat